FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Timeless Isle

Can you tell us if the moss covered chests, etc re spawn daily?

In my experience, they never respawned (not even weekly).

Guest Dawbu

For Zarhym Altogether, I failed, and I haven't been able to do it for two days. I'm investigating whether or not you only get one chance per week, or if this is a bug. I think it's a bug because your guide says one chance per day.

Guest Hohen

Do you by any change know the respawn time of Golganarr? I've been waiting for him around his spawn for almost 2 days but since I still have to sleep I haven't watched the spot 24hours a day though.

Guest drifter

I read a post that said the buffs from the items in section 7.5 can be used to break into the mysterious den, but haven't found any of these items while the cave was closed. This might be a helpful addition to the guide

I read a post that said the buffs from the items in section 7.5 can be used to break into the mysterious den, but haven't found any of these items while the cave was closed. This might be a helpful addition to the guide

I think the guide mentions that, no?

Do you by any change know the respawn time of Golganarr? I've been waiting for him around his spawn for almost 2 days but since I still have to sleep I haven't watched the spot 24hours a day though.

I've only seen him once on the PTR. All I can say is that he's very very rare.

For Zarhym Altogether, I failed, and I haven't been able to do it for two days. I'm investigating whether or not you only get one chance per week, or if this is a bug. I think it's a bug because your guide says one chance per day.

The event is tracked by a daily quest: http://www.wowdb.com/quests/32962-tom-bone-apart-tracking-quest so the event should be daily.

Guest Rastlin

I've noticed that when using one of the BoA epic tokens to create an item it gives credit towards the guild crafting achievement. I'll be watching it more closely to confirm this but I was curious to know if anyone else noticed this same thing happening.

Guest Drifter

drifter, on 13 Sept 2013 - 3:22 PM, said:snapback.png

I think the guide mentions that, no?

I just checked, you're right, it does, but not in the sections relating to either the items or the cave itself.  Added reference might be helpful; I missed it until I went back through after your post.

Section 6 about rare elites mentiones how to get in if the cave is locked

Section 7.2 under the 3rd sturdy chest mentions you might need a mage to blink in, no reference to buffs breaking cave in

Section 7.5 under legends of the past makes no reference to the mysterious cave, and discusses the buffs as short term buffs only that don't really benefit combat.

Thanks,

Drifter

drifter, on 13 Sept 2013 - 3:22 PM, said:snapback.png

I just checked, you're right, it does, but not in the sections relating to either the items or the cave itself.  Added reference might be helpful; I missed it until I went back through after your post.

Section 6 about rare elites mentiones how to get in if the cave is locked

Section 7.2 under the 3rd sturdy chest mentions you might need a mage to blink in, no reference to buffs breaking cave in

Section 7.5 under legends of the past makes no reference to the mysterious cave, and discusses the buffs as short term buffs only that don't really benefit combat.

Thanks,

Drifter

1.4.3 is slightly wrong.  There is a timeless item for trinkets: Timeless Curio

Thank you guys, the guide has been updated smile.png

Not necessarily for a guide update but more of a personal observation.  You cant use the burden of eternity on a timeless curio.  I was hoping to save myself from grinding 50k coins by just using both of these combined but apparently its not doable.

Checked and others seem to have the same experience (Wowhead).

So the only real way to obtain trinkets is either a curio for 496 ilvl or 50k timeless coins for a 535ilvl one from the vendor.

Not necessarily for a guide update but more of a personal observation.  You cant use the burden of eternity on a timeless curio.  I was hoping to save myself from grinding 50k coins by just using both of these combined but apparently its not doable.

So the only real way to obtain trinkets is either a curio for 496 ilvl or 50k timeless coins for a 535ilvl one from the vendor.

I had thought about doing that myself, lol. I wasn't sure because the burden of eternity does say armor pieces.

As to the zarhym conversation, Is it possible he's just a rare npc that spawns for a certain amount of time then despawns? I haven't seen him on any of my toons for a few days now.

• Like 1

I had thought about doing that myself, lol. I wasn't sure because the burden of eternity does say armor pieces.

As to the zarhym conversation, Is it possible he's just a rare npc that spawns for a certain amount of time then despawns? I haven't seen him on any of my toons for a few days now.

I believe that it is a rare NPC because there have been multiple times that I have gone to start the quest and someone gets to it before me and then no matter how long I wait he doesn't seem to come back.

Guest Willowthorn

The buff from the helm, snow-drift tiger claws, etc, only lasts ten minutes, not until death as stated in the giude. Not sure when this changed, but I've gotten both the tiger claws and the helm on live this week, and both buffs lasted only 10 minutes.

Guest Lisoth

As a Frost Mage, I was able to use "Slow Fall" spell and a "Cancel/Slow Fall" macro to get into the Ordon Sanctuary.

This worked for me:

Set up “Slow Fall” cancel macro (/calcelaura slow fall).

Run NE from the middle of “The Blazing Way” trail (between 1st & 2nd bridges) and off cliff (below big knob) into the water.

Mount flyer. Swim NE to ~ 81.00, 23.62.

Move to where you’re clear of “Fatigue”.

Face Ordon Lake (~W). —slightly N. of the notch in the ridge above—

Back up to where “Fatigue” bar appears.

Keep backing until “Timelost Waters” logo appears.

Levitate straight up on flyer. —On the way up: Adjust your flight angle to line up with center of (red) "Ordon Lake"—

When “Fatigue” bar gets down to the lettering → Fatigue (1) Hit “Auto Run” (2) Immediately cast “Slow Fall”.

Hit "Cancel/Slow Fall" when just over Ordon Lake for a soft water landing.

Then, as previously described:

Get the chest at the Lake.

Then mount up and race around the S. wall (past first entrance) to find the W. entrance.

There will likely others engaging the preliminary mobs inside (if not, some will probably soon arrive).

When the preliminary mobs are busy you can shoot right in between the "Guardians" to take the "Blazing Chest".

—"Guardians" won't aggro if you're right between them—

Guest Atrena

Just a heads up...

Chest #32 is listed correctly at (63,59) but the map graphic has it displayed at (63,69)

Guest hsdfgsfgdfgsg

pet is wrong in the pet list
should be spineclaw crab

Just a heads up...

Chest #32 is listed correctly at (63,59) but the map graphic has it displayed at (63,69)

pet is wrong in the pet list

should be spineclaw crab

I fixed all that, thanks a lot guys!

Jadefire Spirit is dropped by Spirit of Jadefire instead of Forebonding Flame

Guest Vincent

Might be useful to add that the ability to get you into the scantuary of the cloak is account wide. You just need one cloak and all your alts have access on the same server, horde and alliance.

Guest Vinny

Wow. simply wow. This is one of the best guides I have seen to date! well done! keep it up smile.png

You are now exalted with me.