Topic Details

New Exploration Achievements in MoP: How To

15 replies to this topic Started by Damien, May 30 2012 10:49 PM mop exploration
* * * * * 1 votes
  • Please log in to reply

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:49 PM

Damien
  • Damien
  • Administrator
  • LocationParis, France

As you might have noticed, there is a new type of exploration achievements in Mists of Pandaria. Doing these achievements will give you a LOT of lore information on the races of Pandaria. There is also an achievement where you need to walk in the footsteps of Chen Stormstout.

In this thread, we will use your contributions to list the hidden object that must be found for each of the achievements.

Ballad of Liu Lang

• The Birthplace of Liu Lang: against the right wall of the house from which Watch Commander Loon Mai is giving you quests in Stoneplow, Valley of the Four Winds
  • A Most Famous Bill of Sale: at the entrance of the highest hut in Halfhill, Valley of the Four Winds
  • The Wandering Widow: 40 yards north-west of the Stormstout Brewery summoning stone in Valley of the Four Winds
  • Waiting for the Turtle: Turtle Beach, east of the Incursion in Krasarang Wilds

Between a Saurok and a Hard Place

• The Saurok: in the Saurok camp on Windward Isle in Jade Forest
  • The Defiant: in the Ancient Passage, between the Valley of the Four Winds and Kun-Lai Summit; look the pool inside the passage and locate the very small pile of skulls against the wall on the northern side of the pool
  • The Deserters: eastern side of the Lake of Stars in the Dread Wastes
  • The Last Stand: At the Krasari Falls in Krasarang Wilds (near Slovan, the local Saurok leader)

Fish Tails

• Watersmithing: Moonwater Retreat in Jade Forest
  • Waterspeakers: New Cifera, south of the Pools of Purity in the Valley of the Four Winds
  • Origins: Fallsong Village (north of Dawnchaser Retreat) in Krasarang Wilds
  • Role Call: fish statue located inside the temple on the main island at Inkgill Mere, in Kun-Lai Summit

Heart of the Mantid Swarm

• Cycle of the Mantid: Mantid statue on the eastern side of the largest of the clutches in The Clutches of Shek'zeer in the Dread Wastes. You will find this clutch about 200 yards west from Klaxxi'vess
  • Mantid Society: statue on the northwestern shore of the Lake of Stars (between the lake and Kypari'ik
  • Amber: at the end of the Mantid cave that runs under the tree where Brewgarden is located
  • The Empress: statue on the north side of the Heart of Fear, in the Dread Wastes

Hozen in the Mist

• Hozen Speech: jade statue on the northeastern shore of Lake Kittitata, in Jade Forest
  • Hozen Maturity: inside the cave about 200 yards south of Marista in the Krasarang Wilds
  • Embracing the Passions: on the western wall of Pang's Stead in the Valley of the Four Winds
  • The Hozen Ravage: in the cave next to the big Hozen statue at The Dooker Dome in Kun-Lai Summit

Legend of the Brewfathers

• Quan Tou Kuo the Two Fisted: climb the mountain south-east of Zhu's Watch in Krasarang Wilds
  • Xin Wo Yin the Broken Hearted
    • from Tian Monastery in Jade Forest, follow the south-west road that goes towards the Forest Heart.
    • Before the bridge over the Forest Heart, take the path that climbs on the left.
    • After the narrow bridge, take the path on the left, which leads to the top of Thunderpaw Peak.
    • At the summit, you will find the object.
  • Ren Yun the Blind: top of Neverest Mount in Kun-Lai Summit

The Dark Heart of the Mogu

• Valley of the Emperors: behind the sarcophagus in the first chamber of the Tomb of the Conquerors in Kun-Lai Summit
  • The Lost Dynasty: on the pedestal of the largest Mogu statue at the Pools of Youth in Krasarang Wilds
  • Spirit Binders
    • Go to the Ruins of Gan-Shi in Jade Forest.
    • Within the Terrace of the Ten Thunder, find the square where two statues are facing each other and where Conjured Ancestors keep spawning.
    • The urn is at the feet of the southern statue.
  • The Thunder King: on the pedestal of one of the two large Mogu statues on the south-eastern side of Mistfall Village in Vale of Eternal Blossoms

The Seven Burdens of Shaohao

• The Emperor's Burden - Part 1: Dawn's Blossom in Jade Forest (central pond)
  • The Emperor's Burden - Part 2: Seeker's Point, on the slopes of Mount Neverest in Kun-Lai Summit
  • The Emperor's Burden - Part 3: left of the entrance of the Temple of the Jade Serpent in Jade Forest
  • The Emperor's Burden - Part 4: first floor of the Temple of the Red Crane in Krasarang Wilds
  • The Emperor's Burden - Part 5: at the top of Niuzao Temple, on the platform with the big yak statue, in Townlong Steppes
  • The Emperor's Burden - Part 6: small shrine located on the opposite side from the gong before the entrance of the main building at the Temple of the White Tiger in Kun-Lai Summit
  • The Emperor's Burden - Part 7: at a shrine a few hundred yards west of the Shado-Pan Monastery in Kun-Lai Summit
  • The Emperor's Burden - Part 8: south-western side of the lake in front of the Mogu'shan Palace

The Song of the Yaungol

• Yaungol Tactics: totem in the center of Hatred's Vice in Townlong Steppes
  • Dominance: totem on the western side of Fire Camp Osul in Townlong Steppes
  • Yaungoil: Yaungol banner inside the northernmost hut at Fire Camp Yongqi in Kun-Lai Summit
  • Trapped in a Strange Land: Cave of Ordo Warbringer at the Fire Camp Ordo in Kun-Lai Summit

What Is Worth Fighting For

• Pandaren Fighting Tactics: Master Bruised Paw's hut in Paoquan Hollow, Valley of the Four Winds
  • Always Remember: Eastern side of the Tu Shen Burial Ground in Vale of Eternal Blossoms (on the right of the D on the map)
  • The First Monks
    • from Tian Monastery in Jade Forest, follow the south-west road that goes towards the Forest Heart.
    • Before the bridge over the Forest Heart, take the path that climbs on the left.
    • After the narrow bridge, take the path on the right, which leads to Thunderpaw Refuge.
    • The object is located inside the courtyard, next to the refuge.
  • Together, We Are Strong: on a rise north-east of the entrance to the Guo-Lai Halls in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms (there are two Mogu tents nearby)
  • Victory in Kun-Lai: Whispercloud Rise in Kun-Lai Summit (where you take the balloon to Zouchin Village)

Restore Balance

From Honeydew Village, take the road that goes south. When the road splits, take the left path until you see flights of stairs on your left (the path is called Path of Enlightenment). Take them. At the top of the stairs, take the path that goes on the right and follow it all the way to the Shrine of Fellowship. There, look for the "Broken Incense Burner" next to the bridge. Clicking it will complete the achievement. Obviously, it must be broken for now, so we will update this section when we know more.

Join us on IRC! | server: irc.quakenet.org | port: 6667 | channel: #icy-veins

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:40 PM

Damien
  • Damien
  • Administrator
  • LocationParis, France
I don't intend to replace all the "unknown" mentions by myself :P I really need your help with it, guys!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:52 PM

Peelyon
  • Peelyon
  • LocationEngland
May be a silly question, but will all the places and areas be the same place for everyone? Shouldn't be too bad if it is. Maybe include some co-ordinates with any locations you find as well for those with map addons and stuff. Could make it a little easier. I'm hoping a find a fair few while testing / questing rather than looking them all up straight away :)

@peterlyon85 peelyon#2117

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:09 AM

Damien
  • Damien
  • Administrator
  • LocationParis, France
Yes, all places will be the same for everyone. They are rather hard to find because many of them are not exactly in places you will visit while questing.

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:18 PM

Alastria
  • Alastria
  • Vagrant
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
The Seven Burdens of Shaohao: The Emperor's Burden - Part 1: Dawn's Blossom in the Jade Forest in the pond and opposite the Flight master. The Emperor's Burden - Part 2: Seeker's Point next to Lorewalker Cho - Seeker's Point is halfway up Mount Neverest in Kun-Lai summit The Emperor's Burden - Part 3: The Windspire - Take the Windspire Bridge from The Jade Temple grounds The Emperor's Burden - Part 4: Krasarang Wilds in Temple of the Red Crane upper floor main building. There is an open window which you can just fly through. The Emperor's Burden - Part 5: Townlong Steppes on top floor of Niuzao Temple The Emperor's Burden - Part 6:Outside the biggest building of the Temple of the White Tiger - Kun Lai Summit. The Emperor's Burden - Part 7: Outside the Shado-Pan Monastery at the meeting stone. The Emperor's Burden - Part 8: Vale of Eternal Blossoms on the shore of the big circular lake at Mogu'shan Palace. The Song of The Yaungol: Yaungoil - unknown Trapped in a strange land: In the cave with Ordo Warbringer in Fire Camp Ordo - Kun-Lai Summit Dominance - unknown Yaungol Tactics - unknown. Legends of the Brewfathers There is one just outside Zhu's Bastion on a hill to the south east - need flying and watch out for the birds! Another one outside Tian Monastary on a hill. The last one is right at the top of Neverest on the pinnacle, once you see Lorewalker Cho follow the path up be careful not to slip off and when you reach the top watch out for the elite serpent.

Edited by Alastria, 09 June 2012 - 01:29 PM.

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:03 AM

Damien
  • Damien
  • Administrator
  • LocationParis, France
Thank you, Alastria! I will update the main guide as I find the objects myself on the beta. The idea is to see if there is room for improving the explanations.

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:35 PM

meukow
  • meukow
  • Knight
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
Does this whole idea looks ridiculous just to me?

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:31 PM

Vlad
  • Vlad
  • Administrator
  • LocationRennes, France

Does this whole idea looks ridiculous just to me?

Yep. I always loved the basic exploration achievements in WoW, even though they weren't very challenging.

This just gives an added reason to get out in the world, and collect things in an "Easter Egg" kind of way. Also, it makes a nice link between the zones and the lore. I can't be the only one who went looking for the place where Grom and Thrall fought Mannoroth.

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:31 AM

Peelyon
  • Peelyon
  • LocationEngland
Just wanted to make a post with Map Co-ordinates:

Please note this is not my work and all credit should go to "crazysnake15" from WoWhead! Cheers crazy!

This is for all of the Achievements, make sure you have Mapcords. Enjoy.

What Is Worth Fighting For
Always Remember - Vale of Eternal Blossoms - 52,68
Pandaren Fighting Tactics - Valley of the Four Winds - 18,31
The First Monks - Jade Forest - 35,30
Together, We Are Strong - Vale of Eternal Blossoms - 26,21
Victory in Kun-Lai - Kun-Lai Summit - 63,40

Heart of the Mantid Swarm
Amber - Dread Wastes - 52,10
Cycle of the Mantid - Dread Wastes - 48,32
Mantid Society - Dread Wastes - 59,55
The Empress - Dread Wastes - 35,32

Ballad of Liu Lang
A Most Famous Bill of Sale - Valley of the Four Winds - 55,47
The Birthplace of Liu Lang - Valley of the Four Winds - 20,55
Waiting for the Turtle - Krasarang Wilds - 72,30
Wondering Widow - Valley of the Four Winds - 34,63

Between a Saurok and a Hard Place
Last Stand - Krasarang Wilds - 32,29
The Defiant - The Veiled Stair - 54,15
The Deserters - Dread Wastes - 67,60
The Saurok - Jade Forest - 67,29

Fish Tails
Origins - Krasarang Wilds - 30,38
Role Call - Kun-Lai Summit - 74,83
Watersmithing - Jade Forest - 65,87
Waterspeakers - Valley of the Four Winds - 61,34

Hozen in the Mist
Embracing the Passion - Valley of the Four Winds - 83,21
Hozen Maturity - Krasarang Wilds - 52,87
Hozen Speech - Jade Forest - 26,28
The Hozen Ravage - Kun-Lai Summit - 45,61

The Dark Heart of the Mogu
Spirit Binders - Jade Forest - 42,17
The Lost Dynasty - Krasarang Wilds - 50,31
The Thunder King - Vale of Eternal Blossoms - 40,77
Valley of Emperers - Kun-Lai Summit - 53,46
Note - Valley of Emperors is within a subzone. Above is the entrance, and within it it is at 58,71

The Seven Burdens of Shaohao
The Emperor's Burden - Part 1 - Jade Forest - 47,45
The Emperor's Burden - Part 2 - Kun-Lai Summit - 43,51
The Emperor's Burden - Part 3 - Jade Forest - 55,56
The Emperor's Burden - Part 4 - Krasarang Wilds - 40,56
The Emperor's Burden - Part 5 - Townlong Steppes - 37,62
The Emperor's Burden - Part 6 - Kun-Lai Summit - 67,48
The Emperor's Burden - Part 7 - Kun-Lai Summit - 41,42
The Emperor's Burden - Part 8 - Vale of Eternal Blossoms - 68,44

The Song of Yaungo
Dominance - Townlong Steppes - 65,49
Trapped in a Strange Land - Townlong Steppes - 84,72
Yaungoil - Kun-Lai Summit - 71,62
Yaungol Tactics - Kun-Lai Summit - 50,79

@peterlyon85 peelyon#2117

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:56 PM

Daowen
  • Daowen
  • Commander
  • LocationNetherlands
heart of the mantid swarm -amber searching for an hour already and u cant find it......HELP!!

Posted Image

I'm not online.....It's just your imagination

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:18 PM

Damien
  • Damien
  • Administrator
  • LocationParis, France

heart of the mantid swarm -amber

searching for an hour already and u cant find it......HELP!!

Go at the base of the tree under which Sunset Brewgarden is located. The exact coordinates are 53.75, 16.24. There, you will find the entrance of an underground chamber, where the Amber is located.

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:47 PM

Daowen
  • Daowen
  • Commander
  • LocationNetherlands
woohoot found it, thx a bunch :)

Posted Image

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:51 PM

Damien
  • Damien
  • Administrator
  • LocationParis, France

woohoot found it, thx a bunch

:)

No problem :) I tried to fix your signature, but it just wouldn't accept the weird imageshack url :(

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:33 AM

Daowen
  • Daowen
  • Commander
  • LocationNetherlands
yeah i saw it sorry for that, when i tried to put the link in it said it doesnt accept links from that source. Forgot all about it, guess i have to upload it somewhere else or maybe anmated pics won't be accepted here.

thx for trying Posted Image

Edited by Daowen, 17 November 2012 - 10:34 AM.

Posted Image

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:26 PM

Damien
  • Damien
  • Administrator
  • LocationParis, France

yeah i saw it sorry for that, when i tried to put the link in it said it doesnt accept links from that source. Forgot all about it, guess i have to upload it somewhere else or maybe anmated pics won't be accepted here.

thx for trying Posted Image

Animated images are accepted, the URL just needs to finish in .gif, which is not the case with imageshack.

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:30 PM

Zajakel
  • Zajakel
  • Vagrant
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
what is the best way to begin the lorewalker quests

Active Users

0 user(s) are browsing this forum 0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users