Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vixcis

[pvp] affliction warlock optimisation

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I haven t seen much threads about the lock in pvp situations so here I am.

As arena affliction warlocks I was actually wondering which stats should we focus on ?

First answer that comes to mind is mastery ofc, it ups all the damage. However, I ve seen many top locks on the ladder going for full haste on stuff and enchants (even taking the ashran pieces versatility/haste). An another top lock, Maldiva is full mastery (even on his staff enchant) tho. Other locks are hybrid, half haste half mastery. It s tough to see a pattern,

In my opinion Haste should be better becoz of the passive that grants us 5% more haste from all sources + the overall haste buff. Even more on this "kick oriented" meta.

So a pvp stuff full haste + some warforged mythic pieces with +50 mastery gems on them would be the optimal stuff imo (let me think also what u guys think of pve stuff in pvp ! :>)

Let me know what you guys think on this matter even if it seems that this forum is pretty much pve oriented.

I've never seen anyone PvP oriented on these forums so you might be asking the wrong people. *I* would never do arenas on my warlock but if I were to do them I would say that I would likely stack haste, passive buff, good damage, better for self heal, etc. But I've never seen secondarys matter much in PvP so I don't think it will make or break anything.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By NasharStormrage
      So,
      Which trinket should I be using (obviously arms warriors are not concerned with iLvl because Mastery is desired over strength.
      I have the 820 iLvl trinket from a timewarped dungeon and that with heroism, Battle Cry, Potion, trinket use, could provide an extreme amount of dps burst which is also on a 1.5m CD. It seems like an obvious choice but I wanted to hear any thoughts or opinions that people have since I'll be losing 500+ static mastery. Also, the use effect gives around 20-24% increased damage during colossus smash. 
      Thoughts?... 

• By JamesGoblin
      Crowfall is like RTS meets EVE Online meets Minecraft...if that made any sense? Before massive battles (hundreds of players), building structures and economy make it into the game, it currently looks rather like MOBA than MMO; Also, you can build your own kingdom by placing valleys, mountains...at will:

Another strange thing is, frequent changes of sex/class/race are likely - account and progression are tied to crow-spirit, not the body/avatar. Now, alpha access is expensive but open beta (free tests) is scheduled for "summer 2017", requiring only registration on the site. Here are some early player made videos, starting with TheLazyPeon's recent preview:

PS If my incomprehensible intro didn't make any sense, IGN Wiki maybe will.
    • By zyclonenuz
      Hi guys ! I just want to ask how much my BM haste and mastery at least should be ? been googling about it and I can't seem to find anything about it. 
      currently I'm at:
      Haste: 17.4%
      Mastery: 76.07%
    • By Rhythrael
      We Were Prepared is a Horde guild (Mug'thol) recruiting for Heroic farm and Mythic raiding progression, as well as aiming to build a core RBG team.

Currently we raid Tuesday-Thursday nights at 10pm PST until 12 Midnight. 

We're seeking active and engaging members for our core team to begin mythic progression.

If you have any questions or would like an invite or have questions about the guild please PM me or message Rhythrael, Rhyker or Xchaos in game

• By Friedbones
      Hello all.  I was just reading up on what addons Icy Veins suggested and noticed AffDot was one of them for Affliction Warlock use.  However, when I took a look at the this addon at Curse, it shows it is really old and has not been updated for Legion, according the information at Curse.
      World of Warcraft    6,805 Monthly Downloads
      Supports: 6.0.31    004,921 Total Downloads
      Updated Feb 19, 2015    Created Nov 6, 2012
      Does anyone know if there is a replacement for this addon since it seems not to have been updated for some time?
      Thanks in advance for any info.