FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
nqrlz

logs, logs, logs

hey there,

my guild is currently doing its first steps in highmaul mythic. kargath is already defeated, the next encounter are the twins. my co-tank is a paladin with a slightly lower item-level, but i'm getting much more damage from kargath's impale (i guess i missed one or two cooldowns :/). for the gear i already read that crit is better than mastery?

are there any other things i'm fucking up?

here are our logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/18593

and my armory profile: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/Nqrlz/advanced

Edited by nqrlz
  • Like 1

First of all, you linked the advanced version of your armory and that always makes me irrationally happy.

Your enchants seem a bit erratic though. You have one Gift of Crit, but the rest of your enchants are Gift of Mastery and you have mastery gems as well. I'd recommend crit for all of that, but if you prefer mastery you may want to consider replacing your cloak enchant. If you don't feel like doing that, it's really not a big deal since mastery and crit are very close in priority.

I noticed recently that WCL doesn't seem to be factoring Resolve into the calculation for average SBar size, so I'll calculate what your no Resolve, 60 rage SBar size is from your character sheet. You have 5529 AP, 3900 Strength, and 769 Bonus Armor. If I factor in Improved Defensive Stance, Battle Shout, and Mark/Kings you have roughly 6338 AP. From there, the calculation for your base-line 60 rage SBar is (1.125*AP)*3.375. The first number is the scale factor that you'll find in the tooltip from Wowhead. If you look at the tooltip, it gives the 1.125 number for the 20 rage SBar then it says it scales with more rage. I went to a training dummy, got 60 rage, waited for any bonus armor procs to fall off, and used a 60 rage SBar. I wrote down the size of that barrier and divided by my character sheet AP times the 1.125 scale factor. This yielded the 3.375 number I used above. This is interesting and important to note because you're spending 3x as much rage to get 3.375x the barrier. This is why it is important to use SBar at 60 rage.

Okay, that was a lot of words, but I wanted to explain how I got all of these numbers. I actually learn quite a bit by doing logs assessments for others because it pushes me to do things like that to figure out coefficients and to learn to justify what and why I am doing things.

Back to the whole goal of this, your baseline 60 rage SBar will be about 24k.

As for your logs, I'm looking at the logs from January 21st.

The Butcher is my favorite fight to look at logs for because it gives a really good idea of CD, mitigation, rage, and GCD use. It's a basic tank-and-spank where you're taking damage the whole time, so I can easily see if uptimes are where they should be without trying to extrapolate when you were or were not tanking.

I'm being really wordsy tonight, so I hope you like that.

Your Heroic Butcher kill lasted 3:25.

From your Casts tab, I see that you had one Shield Wall use, one Last Stand, two Enraged Regens, two trinket uses, and three uses each of Bloodbath, Dragon Roar, Ravager, and Demo Shout. Both your offensive and defensive CD usage looks good. You probably could have fit one more Shield Wall in, but it's not a big deal. You seem to be rotating CDs well overall on this fight. I also saw two Vigilances, good!

From your Buffs tab, I see that your SBlk uptime was 49.62% so you're doing well there. From your Healing tab, I see that you used 9 SBars with an average size of 17.5k and a maximum size of 53k (this one counts Resolve). This is area of your logs so far that could use a bit of improvement. From before, your average size could have been up to 24k and I'd call it good or mostly good if your average size was around 23k or so.

On your Buffs tab, I also saw a Draenic Strength Potion. I'd recommend an armor potion because it gives you 1,500 bonus armor instead of the 1,000 strength from the strength potion. Thus, you get an additional 500 AP as well as a significant boost to your defenses.

From your Resources tab, I can see that you generated 1805 and wasted 65, or 3.6%. While that's not an egregious amount of waste, it's still something you could work to improve on.

For this length of fight, I'd expect to see around 136 GCDs. I see you used 146 GCDs. The difference is due to your haste and Lust lowering your GCD. Basically, you're making good use of your GCDs. Good work.

Next I'll look at your Twin Ogron kill. It took your group 5:10 to kill it.

You had 2 Shield Walls, 1 Last Stand, 3 trinket uses, 4 Demo Shouts, and 4 Enraged Regens. You probably could have fit in another Last Stand and Demo Shout, but you still had pretty strong defensive CD usage. You also had 2 Vig uses. I really like that you're thinking about your tanking buddy's life. Your offensive CD usage wasn't quite as good. You had 5 uses of Dragon Roar and Bloodbath, but only 3 Ravagers. Try to keep your Ravager synced with Bloodbath.

From your Buffs tab, I see an excellent SBlk uptime of 50.50%. I also see 9 SBars with an average size of 19k. Again, you could bring that up a bit.

From your Damage Taken, I see you took one stack of Blaze and one hit from Charge. While neither is horrible, it's still an area where you could improve.

Your rage usage was a bit worse on this fight. You generated 2370 rage and wasted 148, or 6.24%. Your survivability overall was good, so you probably could have used Heroic Strike to manage your rage waste a bit or put the rage into a few more SBars if you prefer.

I'd expect around 207 GCDs on this fight and you used 209, so you're still making good use of your GCDs.

Overall, you're doing well. You're making good use of CDs and SBlk and watching out for your cotank. The primary areas you could use a bit of improvement on are your SBlk size, your rage waste, and avoidable damage.

Keep up the good work!

• Like 1