FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Cardio33

Demonology Issue - Pet Dying

Does anyone's pet ever randomly die?

Sucks b/c I thought we used to have an auto summon last xpac, now its a 4 sec cast.  Any clever ways to deal with this?

I just did a few heroic imperator pulls, and my wrathguard died 3 times in two pulls. Has never once died before. I'm kind of confused as to what's going on.

If you haven't already, put Threatening Presence on the pet action bar so you can keep an eye on it.  I know in the past there have been bugs with it (and I think hunter pets) where it would turn on automatically after summoned.  But even if it's not a bug, you might have turned it on by accident somehow.  

I just did a few heroic imperator pulls, and my wrathguard died 3 times in two pulls. Has never once died before. I'm kind of confused as to what's going on.

I remember having a problem with this.  I think its one of the AoE abilities not flagging for the 90% damage reduction.  Not sure if its the nova waves or the explosion when one of the adds dies or the mechanic where the tank explodes.  Does not happen when I use a ranged pet when playing Destro.

I noticed that my pet (Felguard as Demo) is likely to die when I send it to Ko'ragh's adds and activate Felstorm. While felstorming I can see the HP bar dropping. Sometimes the pet dies from this, sometimes not, it's very strange and I have yet to observe and analyze the deaths of my pet more.

Soul Link can be a problem. You get low during force nova then take a hit from branded at high stacks and your Demon goes poof.

But yeah on imperator it is pretty hit and miss. I had to resummon on our last kill. I'll see if I can check logs but doubt it.

Oh and if soaking on Ko'ragh yeah Soul Link hurts! Well I assumed it was that as he died both times I was in the bubble but not if someone else was in. Bit slow but I got there :p

What Scarabea said about summoning your demon but be aware that costs 200 fury.

We're starting heroic Imperator too this week so will see if I can notice anything though I may play as Destro anyhow still. 

Did not know that it was instant summon in demon form, thanks for the tip!

Will experiment without soul link since I'm pretty comfortable with heroic/mythic content in highmaul at this point.