Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Sub Rogue DPS and AoE DPS Help Please!

7 posts in this topic

Okay, where do I start. I am fairly new to sub, but I think I pretty much have what I have to do down, such as uptimes on DoTs, CD Management, and what I should be doing in my opener. I am 662 ilvl, and probably the lowest out of everyone in DPS in my Mythic Progression. Heck, I went into LFR for some practice and was almost getting beat in DPS there. I pull about 40-60k burst with Garrote > Ambush > Shadow Reflect > Rupture opener with prepot (Don't know why my burst numbers are different a lot of the times, I always do the same opener) and hold 32k DPS at BEST. I usually end up dropping off to about 24-26k. This isn't my main question though because I can't supply some good logs on what I am doing until later on tonight, but if anyone can come in and stick around until I can post some tonight it would be a great help.

My huge question is, what the hell do I do in multi-target situations? I see a lot of different answers, and I am just not getting anywhere. Some say dont use CT, some say use it as main combo point spender. Some say use dance and put find weakness on multi-targets, some say just single target once you have your dance going. I just have no clue what to do. I am specifically talking about Mythic Bracken and Mythic Tectus (Which we will be doing after Bracken.) For Bracken, whenever the add came out, I kept rupture up on both bracken and the add, while using FoK and CT as my main combo point spender, until the add died. Whenever my Shadow Dance or shadow reflection came up, I just didnt know what to do with them, and ended up waiting until the add was dead. I didnt know how to use them in multi-target. I didnt even know if FoK/CT spam with rupture on both targets was even the right thing to do. I would really want to know how I should handle these AoE situations before we get to tectus if anyone is willing to help ! :(

FoK as CP builder, but I only keep the DoT up on CT unless it's 4+ targets

Some people do rotate exlusively with it for 2 targets, but I don't think it's any real benefit

Alright well I took CT out of my rotation for Brackenspore tonight, and I think I did a lot better not having to worry about that extra DoT. Don't know if having it in my rotation is beneficial, but it helped me to take it out of my rotation, too much to worry about learning sub especially when worrying about all mechanics and being part of the interrupters list. I am trying to paste my logs for tonight but it isn't letting me paste or use the link button. Im using IE right now, how would I post my logs link?

There's a little hyperlink button at the top when you post a message

Okay IE just wasn't letting me use that button, but here are some of my Mythic Brackenspore attempts as of last night.

Sometimes I dropped off to 25k, and others I held myself at 27-28k. I think at this time I should be holding myself at around 30k+ though I am not sure. Like I said I took CT out of my rotation and it helped me focus on other things, but when it came to multi-target I still didn't know what to do with Shadow Dance and Shadow Reflection. Do I use Ambush just to apply FW, and then use FoK/Eviscerate spam while FW is up? Or do I try to get in all the ambushes/Eviscerates I can?

Even though I am posting a multi-target fight, both multi-target and single-target help would be very appreciated. Like I said I am fairly new, so I still know I also have single-target problems, we just happened to be doing a multi-target fight last night. Here is my Armory link also:

Can't view your logs to give you any help, they're set to Private

I use my cooldowns as normal, on whatever target needs to die the most. If there isn't one, I save them for when there is one (for example, if I got upstairs on Kargath)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Primarch
      First all, glad to be here.  Secondly, I have some friends playing and they need me to play a single target DPS machine.  Right now, I'm thinking Rogue, or Arms Warrior.  Possibly Mage or Shaman as a backup selection.
      Warrior can also tank if need be.  I had considered Paladin, but I have heard they can't do well in Mythic stuff? 
    • By Dyldoe
      So right now I play Sub as my main spec. I mained outlaw for the first week or so of Legion and honestly I hated sub (not sure why) but after I tried it, it is now my preferred spec among the 3. I know that sub scales the best with gear and is the most superior spec around 870ilv too. I never see sub in pve and usually outlaw/sin mainly (for mythic+ and raids) so I was wondering if I am doing anything wrong?
      For my talents, I use weaponmaster as it is very good for aoe pulls (I can pull about 400k dps on 3-4 targets) then followed by the traditional talents for pve sub (I go master of subtlety for raids) 
      I know my stats are not the best for sub as I need to get more mastery/vers rather than haste (crit is still pretty good if i'm correct)
      I couldn't spec into Akaari's Soul as it breaks cc in pvp with means I loose a hefty amount of dps which is very annoying and I am debating to repsec into it and put up with it in pvp for the extra dps increase.
      My weapon pathing looks like this:
      I seem to be doing everything correctly for dps but I do about 250-300k dps on single target and stays about 200k the whole time. Sometimes can go up to 350-400k depending on how smooth the fight goes but if it's anything to do with my weapon/talents/ilv/stats and even playstyle then please let me know, thanks!
      Edit: I have respecced my weapon to now look like this: 
      I should be doing better now ^^ Appreciate the help 
    • By Triggie
      <Ruin> Alliance on Ravencrest is recruiting DPS

We are a guild created by a large group of friends who have been playing games together for years we have decided with the upcoming release of legion we would like to create our own guild, We are a friendly bunch and we like to have fun while we play and we spend alot of time online talking on teamspeak while playing wow and other games.

The shared vision of the guild is to clear all Mythic content in legion in a relaxed and sensible raid enviroment - we have extensive raid experience in old content and current Mythic content as many of us have been playing since vanilla.

Raid times listed below are servertime:

- Wednesday - 20:00-00:00
      - Thursday - 20:00-00:00.

What we expect from you.

- 90% Raid attendance.

- Commitment to raids which includes:

- Bringing consumables(Flasks, Food, Potions & Runes).

- Knowing the fights and any mechanics relevant to the encounter.

- Knowing your class, rotations, using any macros and addons that will help improve your performance.

If the above interests you please apply on our forums:

Or contact an officer directly

Nymme - Gromtor#2887
      Shadowzade - Reaper#2889
      Triggie - Sniiq#2331
      Bizket - Bizket#2741

Thank you for reading.
    • By sneakytool
      Hi guys need a bit of help with improving my dps,
      crit 29.45%
      haste 15.04%
      mastery 110.65%
      vers 4.51%
      I know i need less haste and more crit/mast but other than this is there anything else i can do?
      armory link
      Link to my logs on a  dummy
    • By Narii625
      ABOUT US
      We are a very social guild LFM for progression/semi-casual raiding and leveling. 
      When we say "semi-casual," we mean that we raid two days for three hours, can laugh about a wipe but are still serious about progression. We plan to do Normal raids (not for long) before going on to Heroic and Mythic.
      New players and all levels welcomed. We are VERY new player and new role friendly and have a few new players in the raid group already. We will work with you and get you trained up. So don't worry! 
      We do have some PvPers and an experienced RBG leader so PvP isn't out of the question.
      We're almost always on Discord and we joke around a lot. Some jokes aren't appropriate so keep that in mind. (Recommended 18+)
      Currently we are using the EPGP system ( The addon EPGP (DKP Reloaded), DBM, and GTFO are required to be downloaded and kept up-to-date on raid nights.
      Fridays & Sundays 8pm - 11pm PST. (10pm - 1am Server Time.) NOTE: Flasks, foods, potions, and enchants will be provided for raiders on a first-come first-serve basis. People who contribute to the guild bank will also have preference. Guild repairs provided on raid nights. Trials will be provided with the aforementioned items if we can spare them after the main raiders. CURRENT PROGRESSION
      Emerald Nightmare, [7/7N] [1/7H] OTHER EVENTS
      Saturday is for Mythics/other events. Though we do stuff throughout the week. Most of us have work or school so it depends. We have an event coming up on 10/25 (Saturday) for the release of patch 7.1 Return to Karazhan! WHAT WE HAVE ROOM FOR**
      Shadow Priest Balance Druid Mage Elemental Shaman **In order of what we need the most!!
      If you are interested please fill out this application after leaving a comment!
      In-Game Name: Sylarii, ID: Narii#1891