FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Dinozo88

Balance druid- low dps issues

Hello guys,

I am writing this post  in hope you will somehow help me to increase my dmg output.

Here is log of yesterday raid

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/naWJPb9wyMY6xh8N#

I am kinda new to balance thing however i think that i understand it but somewhere i make mistake cause my dps is not high enough ( for my item level)

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/thunderhorn/Dinozo/simple

Regards to rotation:

Pre cast starfire

Pull

Celestial+ pot+ incarnation

Moonfire (both dots are applied)

Starsurge and starfire spam with starsurge empowered buff

And then i try always to reset  moonfire/sunfire at peaks, and using these starsurges while i am leaving eclipse phase to get buff when i come back to that phase. In some cases i use more starsurges in lunar phase cause i think starfall make more dmg.

Any ideas if you analyse logs where i am doing mistakes ?

Sorry fo my bad english

Dinozo

Hi Dinozo,

first of all your Opener is incorrect.
You should use Inc before casting the first Starfire.
So the proper rotation is:
Inc -> Pot -> Starfire -> <BOSSPULL> CA+Trinket -> MF/SF -> SS -> StarFire
If you pop Inc and CA together you'll lose valualbe CAuptime because of globalCD of Inc

2nd:
You should enchant your gear: Neck, cloak, rings are not entchanted (use greater entchants)

logs:

- use the 2nd int pot. you only did at pull on every fight

- at Tectus you used Inc/CA only at beginn of fight. Use it again at the end of the fight when all adds are available

- it seems you're not using every SS procc you get. e.g. on Twins you had 20 Shooting Stars procs but only used 22 times Lunar/Solar Empowerment. If my math is correct you had 3 (begin of fight) + 20 (procs) + 9 (every 30 sec u get 1 charge) = 32 charges available but as said only used 22 of them

- e.g Imperator: Use Starfall when Warmage and Reaver spawn / optimize INC/CA usage: 10:30 mins fight length but only 3 usages of them. Use them when Warmage/Reaver spawn and again when they spawn again including Bloodlust

Minor extra:
I have changed my opener to the following, because I have seen this on high ranked moonkins:
3 Seconds till pull: INC
2 Seconds till pull: Pot

1 Seconds till pull: SS
PULL: CA+racial

Pull + 1sec: MF/SF

Pull + 2secs: StarfireF

etcetc

Additional: At Twins I switched to fully usage of Starfall and only use SS for Empowerment buff when I am about to get 3 charges. Reason here is the same as above.

PS:
If you Reapply MF-Dot on Lunar Peak you wont need to reapply it the next time it reaches Lunarpeak. So you're good to continue casting StarFire or SS if no Lunar Empowerment is up.
Only reapply it every 2 cycles...This does not apply to Sunfire

Edited by Bonita

Im having cind of the same issue. I have ilvl 660 and im doing around 12-13k on imp N. I tried swaping around with Euforia/ inc and inc/ Balance of Power sence I toguht that mabye part of the problem were that I missed to menny casts in the correct eclpse with euforia but im doing more or less the same dmg. Im not ecnhanted on much sence blanace are my os and i dont relly have alot of gold atm. That might be part of the problem aswell, anyway just wondered if anyone could take a look and see if im doing someting else wrong. 

My opener are:

inc

pot

ca

moonfire

ss

starfire

All that is done pritty close to the pull.

Inc/euforia

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/9ZQDY4qpTGWcwxAC#fight=22&type=damage-done&source=13

Inc/BoP

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/hTH4yLpKkDFxnXbN/#type=damage-done&source=6

Armory

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/veknilash/Delaila/simple

Minor extra:

I have changed my opener to the following, because I have seen this on high ranked moonkins:

3 Seconds till pull: INC

2 Seconds till pull: Pot

1 Seconds till pull: SS

PULL: CA+racial

Pull + 1sec: MF/SF

Pull + 2secs: StarfireF

etcetc

If you do this on pull, make sure you're far enough away from the boss that the SS will not activate the encounter early! There is a decent amount of flight-time, but it is an instant cast.

If you do this on pull, make sure you're far enough away from the boss that the SS will not activate the encounter early! There is a decent amount of flight-time, but it is an instant cast.

aye, max range or atleast 30yards

Also, you want to do Berserking + haste trinkets before your starfire, not your moonfire.

This is the opener I've been using

-4s: Inc

-3s: prepot - starfire

0s: (on pull) CA/moonfire

1s: starsurge

2s: Berserking + haste trinket / starfire.

Etc...

I may consider changing where my starsurge is though.

Ok, first of all thank all of you for your advices.

Is  stat prio - Intelect>mastery>cri>haste>multi right ?

Also Should i reset  my dots always in peak? Cause i think i have more dmg on these peaks  durations.

Also am i right that i should use SS every time it procs? Even for example i have none, then suddenly one proc in solar phase. Should i use it  or spare it for lunar ?

So every fight  when you have more targets then 1 use starfall? Does this include Blackenspore ? (i mean big adds and small sharpshooters).

Also is there any good unity frame addon for  multiple boss, for example  tectus  with some  addon i might better track dots. HOwever i like original wow  interface  i would like only  some boss frame extra.

Thank you in advance

Edited by Dinozo88

Stats: generally - if you know how to sim you can get a more personalized one for yourself, otherwise, just go for higher item level. its doesn't make that much of a difference.  Your playstle will.

Dots: No use the 'peak buff' right before it falls off, not when you get it. With Euphoria you can skip 1 lunar, but do every single solar.

SS: No, try to use as many as you can on starfires, but don't cap. If you're at 2, use it. If you're at one, try to save it for lunar, if you know a trinket is coming soon, sit on 2~ and use them with the trinket, regardless of eclipse side.

Starfall: yes, its always good on 2 targets, so even though the spore shooters don't last long, you usually have a flesh eater there to take some dmg too.

Boss frames: I use elvui so my boss frames look like this:

3Z2cs2k.png

I know shadowed unit frames and other similar addons do it. Not sure if there is something specifically for boss frames though.