FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] S20 Hearthstone Legendary Midrange/Aggro Hunter GvG

Guest Nikita

What (non-legendary) substitute would you suggest for Mr.Boom if I don't it?

In terms of a direct replacement, Piloted Sky Golem is probably your best bet, but you can also try out 1 Tracking or 1 Glaivezooka, both work really well in the deck.

Guest jack

Now that the undertaker take only +1 in attack, there will be some changes?

I'm changing Snake Trap to Baron Riverdare for the Deathrattle stuff. As I don't have it. Seems legit? And I personally think Undertaker will still be good regardless the health drop.

I don't like Rivendare too much, the body itself is pretty weak and the Deathrattle effects aren't so huge in this deck apart from a couple of exceptions.

Guest Protoss248

ok, coz Undertaker have been nerfed

will any deck replace him?

thx

also other class with Undertaker too
will any deck replace him?

like priest

thx

My initial reaction is that Hunter should still play Undertaker and just deal with the nerf. You still have the opportunity for Undertaker to deal a ton of damage if your opponent doesn't have the answer. In other decks like Priest though, there is basically no reason for Undertaker, since it was basically used as a trading tool instead of for face damage.

Guest yiannis

ok so so far with this deck iv lost 3 games and havent won yet , are you sure , it can get you to rank 10 let alone legendary rank ?

ok so so far with this deck iv lost 3 games and havent won yet , are you sure , it can get you to rank 10 let alone legendary rank ?

Every deck has been tested by multiple times-legendary rank player, so yes, I strongly believe in his skills. :)

That being said, one key card in this deck, Undertaker has recently been nerfed, which can easily affect your win ratio.

Guest Kevin Garnett

The only problem I have with this deck is that it seems to rely a lot on RNG to win games! If I draw a crappy hand & don't get a decent muligan, i feel like I'm kinda screwed because there is ZERO card draw in this deck the way you've listed it. I often find myself at card disadvantage.

I don't have 'Snake Trap' or 'Dr. Boom' so I substituted them with a 'Dire Wolf Alpha' and 'Stormwind Champion'. I figured the Champ would work well with Unleash the Hounds but I've had mixed results overall cuz the deck relies on having a decent hand in my opinion.

I decided to drop a knife juggler and added a Tracking instead. I've gone 1-0 so far. I would appreciate your thoughts/suggestions.

Tracking is totally fine, I'm sure you can find a better replacement for a big card than Stormwind though, even Boulderfist Ogre would probably do a better job.

Guest Kevin Garnett

I thought Stormwind would work well as a buff for "unleash the hounds" and even with the Savanah highmane dethrattle. Could you tell me why Boulderfist Ogre would be a good replacement? Is it because it's a stronger card in terms of attack, etc?

Basically Boulderfist comes down a turn earlier and is harder to remove. Since this deck is limited on card draw, you spend a lot of time just topdecking. You're not going to draw into powerful combinations of cards in the late game too often, since you'll be low on resources, so having a strong stand alone card like Boulderfist with better basic stats is better than Stormwind.

That's not to say Boulderfist is a great choice or anything, just illustrating the point that Stormwind is pretty weak in this deck. 

Honestly, if you don't have any appropriate big finisher cards, i'd just play a Houndmaster instead and not worry about trying to directly replace Boom.

Guest Kevin Garnett

Sottle, any suggestions on how to counter Control/Shadow Preists? I'm 3-7 against them with this deck. Actually I find it tough to defeat most control decks (1-3 vs Warriors also). This deck seems to run out of steam against them and obviosly the lack of card draw doesn't help during longer games.

Priests and Warriors are two of the worst matchups for this deck. You basically need to draw into most of your decent mid-range or late-game minions to be successful. You can try to Mulligan for a slightly higher curve that has Animal Companions and Shredder in it, to make sure you have some timely plays that are actually threatening. Those two classes in particular are just too well equipped at dealing with numerous small minions.

Guest Yungbo

Greetings,

Just wondering if there might be a spot for Gahz'rilla in this deck?? Just opened up a pack with him in it and would like to utilize him without going completely for a control oriented deck.

Thank you in advance!

Unfortunately not, Gahz is just too slow, and without a deck specifically built to activate his ability, he doesn't work out too well.

• Like 1

Guest Lukasz

Hello,

thanks for nice deck and i have some questions for you. Which cards will be the best replacement for Dr Boom and Snake Trap ( i still dont have it ). I have some legendary cards like Caine Bloodhood and all from Naxx. Epics like Big Game Hunter, Faceless Manipulator. I want to ask about other thing aswell, what if i want to use 2 x Lepper Gnomes instead of 2 x Clockwork Gnomes is not much efficient?

PS. Sorry for my English :)

Clockwork Gnome vs Leper Gnome is a close call, usually the Spare Part is worth more than the 2 damage, but replacing them will be fine.

You can just sub one Explosive Trap for the Snakes. As for Boom, any other big finisher card will do ok in the same spot, but if you don't have access to any of the big impactful Legendaries, then just subbing in a Houndmaster or Sludge Belcher will be ok.

Thanks for this very nice deck, which I'm enjoying playing (for the most part, except when I run out of steam or have a bad draw and get overwhelmed in the late game, which seems to happen more often that I would like wink.png . I'm experimenting with a couple of tweaks, namely: 1. I replaced one Freezing Trap with an Explosive Trap to help deal with opponents who play a lot of low-value minions (so far, so good with that one); 2. I replaced one Mad Scientist with a Kezan Mystic for two reasons: a. I was finding that often I would draw both Scientists *and* all my secrets fairly early, thereby lessening the value of the Scientists; b. the Mystic is highly specialized but invaluable when playing Mages who use lots of secrets (even stealing one Duplicate can be a huge help--I mulligan it otherwise if it comes up in the initial draw). But the deck is a lot of fun to play, so thanks!

Guest Kevin Garnett

Thanks for all the advice Sottle! I have enough dust to craft a Snake Trap now but i've had decent sucess without it (Rank 14 currently). Do you think adding a snake trap in place of a Dire Wolf Alpha would strengthen this deck?

Current Deck:
Tracking
Clockwork knome x2
Undertaker x2
Webspinner x2
Freezing Trap x2
Dire Wolf Alpha
Haunted Creeper x2
Ironbeak Owl
Knife Juggler x2
Mad Scientist
Eaglehorn Bow x2
Animal Companion x2
Kill Command x2
Unleash the Hounds x2
Houndmaster
Piloted Shredder x2

Loatheb
Savannah Highmane x2

To both of you, definitely play 2 Mad Scientists, that card is absurd and should be an auto-include 2-of.

Kevin, yes I would play three traps.

• Like 1

Guest Kevin Garnett

Thanks for this very nice deck, which I'm enjoying playing (for the most part, except when I run out of steam or have a bad draw and get overwhelmed in the late game, which seems to happen more often that I would like wink.png . I'm experimenting with a couple of tweaks, namely: 1. I replaced one Freezing Trap with an Explosive Trap to help deal with opponents who play a lot of low-value minions (so far, so good with that one); 2. I replaced one Mad Scientist with a Kezan Mystic for two reasons: a. I was finding that often I would draw both Scientists *and* all my secrets fairly early, thereby lessening the value of the Scientists; b. the Mystic is highly specialized but invaluable when playing Mages who use lots of secrets (even stealing one Duplicate can be a huge help--I mulligan it otherwise if it comes up in the initial draw). But the deck is a lot of fun to play, so thanks!

Why don't you use only 1 Mad Scientist instead of 2? That way you'll have a decent enough chance of actually activating the Deathrattle and getting a secret. I like the Kezan Mystic idea...it's probably only a meta-specific addition though imo. i personally would only do it in a Mage/Pally/Hunter dominated meta, otherwise I'd take my chances without it. Let's see what Sottle has to say about it though.

Sign in to follow this