FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Karanir

6.1 PTR Shaman Changes

Latest PTR patchnotes are out. 

Link to the rest of the changes

http://www.wowhead.com/news=245900/patch-6-1-ptr-patch-notes

Edit: I'm pretty sure these are actual buffs instead of tooltip changes. 

Edited by Karanir

Looking at the enhanced chain lightning change , this seems like a buff to earthquake with 3-4 targets, but it will take our 2 target cleave damage down due to 2 targets not generating any buff to earthquake.  

Is this analysis correct or am I missing something?

I wonder how Echo will work with SLT.

From what I understand, it means that with EotE talent we have a 12 sec. SLT instead of 6 sec every 3 minutes.

But the question is whether the second charge triggers SLT 3 min. CD or we can use the second charge any time in this 3 min.gap.

For SLT, you don't get to use 12s of it every 3 min . The two charges don't have independent cool downs. The second charge's cool down is queued. The second charge starts it's cool down only after the first charge has finished it's cool down.

So it translates to an extra SLT for the whole fight

Im still very confused lol but Im sure I'll figure it out if it goes live! Anyone else notice how Resto hasn't been touched much... do you guys think that Blizz think's we're in a good spot? :D

presumably it'll work like every other ability with charges

rather than an ability with a 3min CD, you'll have an ability with two charges max, that gains a charge every three minutes.

Yes, the cooldowns for the charges will be mutually exclusive and queued. They cannot start their cooldowns at the same time. The cooldown for the second charge can only start after the first charge has finished it's cooldown. 

It basically means you get an additional cast of riptide, unleash life and spirit link totem for the entire fight. Another advantage of this talent is that you get to pool the charges to be used together. For dps, this means that you can use fire nova twice in a row when you have important adds to kill. 

This is pretty good, in my opinion. But this may also mean that BRF will also be pretty intense if the CDs are being managed to have extra charges, especially a major CD like SLT. So it will be well balanced.

So pretty much, this means that EotE will be a 100% talent of choice...

----------*-------------*--------------*----------------

Shaman T17 Restoration 2P Bonus: When Earth Shield heals a target, you have 100% chance gain a charge of Tidal Waves.
Shaman T17 Restoration 4P Bonus: When you gain Tidal Waves, you have a 10% chance to reduce the mana cost of Chain Heal by 75 for 10 sec.

These armor bonuses, Im not too thrilled. 2p only if tidal waves got a buff?... Maybe the 4p is ok bc of the mana reduction..

this will def be interesting.

Edited by Amygdalla

Apparently there's a lot of movement and spread fights in BRF so using those two charges of SLT might be a bit difficult.

I was under the impression that our 2-set bonus provides an extra Chain Heal? Something along those lines. And the 10% was dropped to 8% on the 4-set? I'm not sure!

• Like 1

Im going to have to go check out the PTR this week on non-raid days/times. unsure.png  At this point, too many questions to just sit and read. Gotta try it out. 

Wait a second.

Questions with EotE changes-

Will these abilities share stacking? Meaning, if we use riptides, will we lose a charge from SLT & UL?

Yeah Ive been wanting to go on the PTR too but it wont let me copy my character over!

I'd assume that they do share the charge but I'm not entirely sure. I haven't heard anything from the PTR either except the usual.. "Resto buffs plz" or "Our Mastery is awful - change it now!" etc etc haha.

Oh! Have you guys seen the FinalBossTV interview with Vixsin and Keehn? Some very nice chit chat about Resto! Its on youtube, nearly 2 hours long but so worth watching :D

Edited by Starrfyre

Yeah Ive been wanting to go on the PTR too but it wont let me copy my character over!

I'd assume that they do share the charge but I'm not entirely sure. I haven't heard anything from the PTR either except the usual.. "Resto buffs plz" or "Our Mastery is awful - change it now!" etc etc haha.

Oh! Have you guys seen the FinalBossTV interview with Vixsin and Keehn? Some very nice chit chat about Resto! Its on youtube, nearly 2 hours long but so worth watching biggrin.png

I saw the interview. I <3 Vixsin happy.png

Found it really useful...but when they got into the theorycrafting subject...I was just like derrrrr...lol

Edited by Amygdalla

Wait a second.

Questions with EotE changes-

Will these abilities share stacking? Meaning, if we use riptides, will we lose a charge from SLT & UL?

I prefer to think that it will be like Paladin's Clemency talent. 

In other way it'd be a bit of stupidity. Double Riptide vs double SLT - yeah, the winner is so unpredictable....

I saw the interview. I <3 Vixsin happy.png

Found it really useful...but when they got into the theorycrafting subject...I was just like derrrrr...lol

She's great!

The theorycrafting is really interesting but sometimes Im a bit... erm aswell haha.

I prefer to think that it will be like Paladin's Clemency talent. 

In other way it'd be a bit of stupidity. Double Riptide vs double SLT - yeah, the winner is so unpredictable....

For Resto Shaman, the only reason to take Echo will probably be that extra SLT.

It does seem like the change to Echo is more aimed at Elemental and Enhancement.

I tried logging on PTR last night but it seemed to be down.

Yes, EotE will be much more beneficial for SLT. Its nice to have the Riptide and Unleash Life options as well, but using those too much will probably make you go oom and it is not  very good in terms of managing mana efficiently, even though it will have a cd...Currently I have to be careful with Riptide and UL bc if I use too much I will go oom quickly. I try to use it on CD but also watch my mana in the process. Not sure how this new design will work until we try it. Hopefully I get to log on ptr soon...

When I first saw the patch notes, there was a lot of screaming and crying about the MW nerf, with people (probably just being sarcastic and not serious, but who knows?) telling Bliz to "Just delete the shaman class and be done with it."

Having been enhancement primary, elemental secondary my shaman's whole life (since the first day of BC), I'm not convinced it's the end of the world. My mana has always been near full since MoP and maybe even partway into Cata. I haven't had mana issues in a long time; the last time I can remember regularly running low on mana was while raiding Naxx.

Now granted, I haven't done any kind of raiding since one or two runs through LFR level MSV and HoF, and the first wing of ToT. My guild isn't big enough and I can't tolerate the toxic environment of intolerance. So I'm going by a largely questing/rare mob hunting perspective. Have any enhancement shamans found any "low mana" issues prior to this PTR change? I notice the overwhelming majority of discussion on this thread is by and about restoration spec, which I've never tried and have no interest in. So far, for what I do In WoW, an instant-cast (5 stacks MW) Healing Rain and Healing Stream Totem do a pretty good job in keeping me alive and swinging. 

Can any raiding enhancement shaman say whether they have reason to be concerned about running OoM after this change?

Hello, welcome hollyc! The change has been been reverted. Anyways, it had no significant impact on pve even if the nerf had gone thru. It was intended as a pvp nerf, not pve nerf. Pve players use MW for damage, pvp players use it for heals. So pvp players would run oom.

The new EotE seems like such a lazy revamp if i am honest. Will be interested to see some theorycrafting for enhancement though.

I used to raid quite seriously, but life has dictated that I only play casually now. Random BGs are pretty much what I spend my time doing, and I'll be honest, the MW change had me a little worried before I saw that it was reverted. Anyone know the reasoning behind the change and how it affected enhance pvp on ptr?

5/5 MW heals are incredibly important to my survivability. I feel I'd be pure cannon fodder if I found myself oom after a few self heals. I'm also assuming that's what happened on ptr and why it was reverted.

My main concern is, does blizzard think we currently have too much survivability? Should we be expecting a nerf of sorts in the coming patch?

I may just be tripping here, but with EotE and two charges of SLT change, doesn't it essentially makes halves SLT's cooldown?

Example:

You use the first charge in the beginning of the fight, 1.5 mins later you use the second charge. 1.5 mins later you use the first charge that just came off cooldown, 1.5 mins later the second charge is ready again, so on and so forth.