Damien

Barbarian: Furious Charge / Physical / Legacy of Raekor

81 posts in this topic

hi i just wanted to say this is by far the most detailed information on the fc barb build. thank you 

I totally agree.  I wanted to take the time to say thank you for your knowledge, time and effort that you took to make this awesome guide.  By far the most informative that I have found.  I really look forward to continued posts.  Keep up the good work

Love the guide, just have a quick question about gems. For the fire variant, how does replacing pain enhancer w/ Bane of the Powerful stack up? I would think 15/35% against the toughest foes would edge out a physical dot on crit with a useless (for this build) secondary, but I'm still pretty new to end game.

Love the guide, just have a quick question about gems. For the fire variant, how does replacing pain enhancer w/ Bane of the Powerful stack up? I would think 15/35% against the toughest foes would edge out a physical dot on crit with a useless (for this build) secondary, but I'm still pretty new to end game.

Hello! While Bane of the Powerful is not a bad choice, it's a universal rule in Diablo that stacking too heavily into one source of damage (in this case elite bonuses) will lessen your benefits from it. In the ideal case scenario, you're already running Furnace (up to 50% Elite damage), Stone of Jordan (up to 30%) and Unity (up to 15%). Since the non-elite damage bonus of BotP doesn't increase with levels, only the length of the buff, you'll find yourself at the mercy of RNG to keep it up in progression environments (sometimes the elites aren't there, or take longer, etc.), and a consistent source of physical damage like the Pain Enhancer is prefered.

Just decided to roll a barb since i had an ancient Furnace drop for me and follow this guide. Only thing i see is if we are running Furnace as a weapon we can be using it in Kanai's Cube because the benefits don't stack. What is a good alternative cube option? 

Just decided to roll a barb since i had an ancient Furnace drop for me and follow this guide. Only thing i see is if we are running Furnace as a weapon we can be using it in Kanai's Cube because the benefits don't stack. What is a good alternative cube option? 

I would likely try a Heart Slaughter polearm in hand and Furnace in the cube. Keep in mind the set is bound for a rework in an upcoming patch, and some of the recommendations might be misplaced a few months down the line! :)

The furnace weapon and the furnace cube don't stack right? So what would I run in the cube if I'm equipping an ancient furnace?

The furnace weapon and the furnace cube don't stack right? So what would I run in the cube if I'm equipping an ancient furnace?

Probably cubing the Furnace and wearing a Heart Slaughter would be your best option at the moment. I would encourage you to look into other builds however (HotA, Rend, Whirlwind...) as the Furious Charge build is currently underpowered and is set for a rework in Patch 2.4 (coming out in a few weeks!)

Out of curiosity if I have a furnace in hand and a rimeheart in cube will the rimeheart trigger off of furious charge's freeze effect?

I'm still gearing up for this build and keeping it physical based but looking for an extra boost until I find the right pieces.

Out of curiosity if I have a furnace in hand and a rimeheart in cube will the rimeheart trigger off of furious charge's freeze effect?

I'm still gearing up for this build and keeping it physical based but looking for an extra boost until I find the right pieces.

It should.  I can't think of any reason it wouldn't.

So i dont understad the thing with "best in slot" and "alternetive" when choosing between immortal or reakor set. I mean dosent some set bonus change even though the text says i can choose what to use.

So i dont understad the thing with "best in slot" and "alternetive" when choosing between immortal or reakor set. I mean dosent some set bonus change even though the text says i can choose what to use.

The set bonuses come only from having enough pieces; which pieces you have doesn't matter.  So any 5 pieces of the IK set plus any 3 pieces of the Raekor set will work.  The catch is, only the IK set has a belt and only the Raekor set has shoulders, so those two pieces are mandatory.  For the other spots, you can mix and match your best pieces from either set to come up with the right numbers.

Another noob question, with 4 pieces of Raekor set, you'll get "Furious Charge gains the effect of every rune"...

But some runes turns damage into Cold, Lightning or Fire... What the output will be ??

Another noob question, with 4 pieces of Raekor set, you'll get "Furious Charge gains the effect of every rune"...

But some runes turns damage into Cold, Lightning or Fire... What the output will be ??

It will be of the selected rune type, so make sure to select a Physical one (I recommend unruned or Stamina).

Well I got 6 ancient set items for raekor barb exclud. Weapon and hands and other need normal gear with kinda good stats and my problem is low damage in gr rifts 60+ I can barely finish gr60 where is the problem is it in my low paragon (547) or something else ? Thank you.

I was wondering how should we heal ourselves with this build, I had to change a passive to take bloodthirst because I die to often without any healing oriented stat or passive, there is no life per fury spent on the stats priority so I didn't roll any on my gear did I miss something ?

Why use bloodthirst?

My weapon already give life per fury.

Isn't Brawler a better choice? Or defensive like superstition?

Why use bloodthirst?

My weapon already give life per fury.

Isn't brawler a better choice? Or defensive like superstition?

Hello.

My question is: how do you keep on furious charging the Rift Guardian after he breaks the CC from FC? Whenever me and my ancients are close to the guardian he nearly always seems to attack me instead any of the ancients. Any tips on surviving the fight when the boss breaks CC? I can easily dodge their special abilities but whenever I get close to them I get one shotted to death.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Cheers!

Hello.

My question is: how do you keep on furious charging the Rift Guardian after he breaks the CC from FC? Whenever me and my ancients are close to the guardian he nearly always seems to attack me instead any of the ancients. Any tips on surviving the fight when the boss breaks CC? I can easily dodge their special abilities but whenever I get close to them I get one shotted to death.

Cheers!

What level of GRift?

Hello.

Cheers!

What level of GRift?

High 60s. I've done GRift 69 recently, but I barely managed to do it as, like I mentioned earlier, the Rift Guardian kept on one-shotting me and so I finished it with under a minute time left. I will try to do GRift 70 in the nearest future, however, I don't think it will be an easy one when I still don't know how to survive(keep on dodging?) Rift Guardian's melee attacks.

My hero profile:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Tobek-2877/hero/71712443

Thanks for the replies.

Cheers!

High 60s. I've done GRift 69 recently, but I barely managed to do it as, like I mentioned earlier, the Rift Guardian kept on one-shotting me and so I finished it with under a minute time left. I will try to do GRift 70 in the nearest future, however, I don't think it will be an easy one when I still don't know how to survive(keep on dodging?) Rift Guardian's melee attacks.

My hero profile:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Tobek-2877/hero/71712443

Thanks for the replies.

Cheers!

Ah, ok.  That's higher than what I have experience in, so I can't be much help.

You could try diamonds in your chest and pants.

It would also help if you get some more of your gear in ancient quality.

Glass cannon is putting it lightly. You're so tender. However there is one huge flaw with this build, beside being very vulnerable, if there are two mobs for whatever reason, that really screws everything up. You get only a couple of seconds off your charge, so that means you probably have 5-6 seconds where you can't do anything - beside moving away, or you risk dying. These situations do not arise often but when they do, it'll hurt. 

As for greater rifts, it's all about getting the *right* rift and an easy boss for your build. It's typical blizzard game, all boils down to RNG. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead