Damien

Wizard: Firebird

117 posts in this topic

How far can unique_wand_101_x1_demonhunter_male.pngWand of Woh + Firebird + e.pngChain Reaction build go compared to this Blizzard build?

Hello and thank you for the interest in the guide! A unique_wand_101_x1_demonhunter_male.pngWand of Woh would fare better in the new patch (less damage incoming, greater mob density), clearing up to the mid 40s. It would still do worse than a ranged spec, however; with the safety of a Blizzard spec, Wizards are now pushing the 45-50 GR range.

Hello.Im new to your forum but i followed your guides in Hearthstone and i can say that you are doing an excellent job so far.However i don't follow completly your own ideas because i use some of mine as well.

Anyway as for Diablo 3 i have a question to ask.On weapons what do you mean without Ramaladni's Gift.

I don't get it because i get it from drop i need to add a socket on that weapon plus i need to go to npc to change any ability that isn't very usefull to me.

Hello! The implication of the Stat Priority table there is that without a Ramaladni's Gift., adding a socket is a priority when rerolling the weapon. If you have one, that recommendation is no longer a concern (since the socket is added for free), and you can continue down the list of stat priority.

Hello!  Have you considered using Tal'Rasha's Amulet, with Tal'Rashas's belt with a Ring of Royal Grandeur to unlock the 3 piece.  While using Firebird: Helm, Shoulders, Chest, Pants, Boots for the 6 piece with the Ring?   I'd love to see some math or thoughts around that build.  Still running a Unity, Magefist and then 2H or 1+off build.  I'm personally running Meteor instead of Blizzard right now, because I like seeing things blow up.

Very nice description of the build, thank you! Is not my favorite, but I will definitely try, after I got a nice amount of Firebirds.

Thanks for this nice guide!

I haven't collected 6 pieces of Firebird yet and tested for myself. So I wonder about mana-regen using this build with no signature spell or Plan: Reaper's Wraps. How does one fare mana-wise running this build?

Br, Porphyria

Thanks for this nice guide!

I haven't collected 6 pieces of Firebird yet and tested for myself. So I wonder about mana-regen using this build with no signature spell or Plan: Reaper's Wraps. How does one fare mana-wise running this build?

Br, Porphyria

Thank you for the kind words! The build generally fares well with natural regeneration alone. Being a DoT based build, and a self-sufficient one at that, you're mostly concerned about the initial triggering of the Firebird DoT. Additional damage, even if a bit sporadic due to Arcane Power running out, is added benefit on top.

Hey!!! if i do have a 1 hand weapon as of now looking for "the furnace" what source should I use with Firebird build. 

Hey!!! if i do have a 1 hand weapon as of now looking for "the furnace" what source should I use with Firebird build. 

Heya! The unique_orb_set_06_x1_demonhunter_male.pnFirebird's Eye is the best choice for a 1h Firebird build.

Heya! The unique_orb_set_06_x1_demonhunter_male.pnFirebird's Eye is the best choice for a 1h Firebird build.

Why aren't stats for the Firebird Eye listed above? You said it was BIS but don't offer the actual details.

Why aren't stats for the Firebird Eye listed above? You said it was BIS but don't offer the actual details.

Point taken, I will add those. As a quick reference, those would be High damage range / Crit Chance / Intelligence / Damage vs. Elites.

really the absolutely best overview i have seen. there is only to mention that i think that (at least with grandeur ring) some other equipment combinations can be useful too (especially until you have the other gear). (e.g. Tal Rashas Set Bonus, Blackthornes or Vyrs)

the boni of 500 Int or Dmg boos and reduced Dmg vs. Elite are really nice. The Meteor is great too, more fire Dmg and get boni of Firebird.

(iam sorry because of my really bad englisch :(   )

Instead of cubing CoE which only boosts fire damage 1/4 of the time, why not equip a fire SoJ (more fire damage) and cube your RoRG? That would then allow you to equip a Cindercoat (more fire damage & cheaper casts) and a Magefist (more fire damage) as long as you use a 1-hand & FB source. Your 1-hand could then be a Sankis (MOAR FIRES! BURN BABY BURN! also survivability) with a cubed Serpent Sparker (allows 2 active Hydras). Then slot Hydra: Blazing Hydra and cube Tasker & Theo (increase pet rate of attack) to turn your 2 Hydras into gatling guns. That shoot fireballs. I've found Blazing Hydra is better than Mammoth Hydra on the FB build as the fast-moving fireballs track fast movers well and the damage is not reliant on enemies standing in one spot, something they don't do in a build that mostly lacks crowd control.

Hello! This build is somthin I've been looking for, but I don't solo much I travel with about 3 others and I never really get a chance to full use this build is there any suggestions toward a group friendly version or should I try somthin else?

Hello! This build is somthin I've been looking for, but I don't solo much I travel with about 3 others and I never really get a chance to full use this build is there any suggestions toward a group friendly version or should I try somthin else?

Hey! Firebird is a little slower in groups, because it needs ramp up time on the damage (and frankly, should be reworked by Blizzard to address that). Right now, I would definitely suggest looking into Vyr set (Archon) based builds.

Hi, very nice write up - one thing though: what will trigger the Gem of Efficacious Toxin? It will not be triggered by Hydra and with the low proc of Blizzard, is it really that usefull in this build?

Hi, very nice write up - one thing though: what will trigger the Gem of Efficacious Toxin? It will not be triggered by Hydra and with the low proc of Blizzard, is it really that usefull in this build?

Toxin is thankfully not proc dependent! So no worries about that. As a side note, Firebird is one of the weaker options for Wizards at the moment, I would recommend you look into some other options and wait for the (promised) 2.4 rework+buff of the set :)

I'm a newb, and I'm confused...

The Furnace is 

"the strongest generic two-handed weapon in the game"

But (and again, Ima newb) I feel like there are weapons that deal more damage available.

So clearly, I am confused.

Is it the elite bonus that makes it better?

If so, then wouldn't a 300 dps weapon make up for that?

Not arguing, I am sure that you're correct, just trying to understand.

So clearly, I am confused.

Is it the elite bonus that makes it better?

Yes, the elite damage bonus is what makes The Furnace so good smile.png That is, of course, when comparing two similarly rolled weapons - i.e. a sub-level 70 Furnace would not be recommended over any level 70 weapon. If you are confused about item comparisons, try dedicated item and build comparison websites like d3planner.com . This page (highly recommended) allows you to import your character, input item stats and see a detailed breakdown of which results in better DPS.

any thoughts on using a ranslors folly bracer. thus using energy twister(gale force) over black hole?

Stoopid question but. Which is better: To have the 1 hander and an off hander and + Kanai: The Furnace. Or Have:  The Furnace and a different Kanai power ? The power from The Furnace doesnt stack ... And what would the different power be ? smile.png

Thank you very much for updating your guide with this new patch! I'm happy to switch from Blizzard back to Disintegrate because  Ifind the latter so much more fun to use, but I'm kind of sad to not be using hydra anymore. Is there anyway to work in both hydra and Disintegrate into the Firebird build? I really love all the work and detail put into your guide so thank you again!

I have a question, did the new patch nerf Unity? Because I do a lot of soloing in the game, and unity combo did help my survivability, but the new guide no longer mentions unity.  I look forward to the follower guide being updated with the new patch info.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor