FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Liquidsteel

The Progression of my UI

So a lot of people have been asking me for my UI recently, and I felt it might be interesting for people to see how it has changed over the years.

The tweaks haven't been massive, however gradually you can see how little things are added or removed to assist me in what I need.

Clicky Clicky!

Enjoy!

Gnosis Import

• Like 4

Thanks for sharing your journey Liquidsteel and your final result looks very clean. The whole UI is definitely a work in progress. Mine is kinda similar to yours but I have a whole bunch of stuff going up both sides of my character as well as not really sure where to put that stuff yet/how to condense it but I will get there. I have some questions if ok.

1. Where do you display your DoTs on your focus target? Where does your focus target's picture go? Or more I'm wondering where are the cast bars for your target and focus?

Ok well that was actually 4 questions in one and perhaps you don't actually track your focus and do its DoTs via a modifier key. Like yours my DoTs are tracked above the cast bar and then for my focus below hence losing that space. Would be far easier if I actually took a screenshot so will sort that out. 

Have a look at my videos. On any fights with a long living target my ElvUI boss frames pick them up and I track DoTs from there. Usually one of these is my focus target anyway.

I do have focus to the right above my target frame and can see the cast bar there.

Thanks for the reply Liquidsteel and good point, I totally forgot about your videos so sorry for the bombardment of questions. Ok, I am inspired and will see about reducing my clutter more. 

Liquid, is that WA that's telling you in one of the pics saying "malice on you!" Debuff?? I was gonna check out elvui, it comes with its own raidframes correct?? Does that have built in tracking??

Edited by Deimosphobos

Yeah it's a weak aura for p4 Garrosh that I had.

ElvUi comes with its own tracking for pretty much everything, and it's very good for what it is, I just preferred to have stuff arranged differently after a while.

Interesting read. I somewhat did the opposite. I had my own custom UI that housed so much information centrally, but have gradually trimmed it down, to the point where everything I need is now contained within Elvui.

I ditched weak auras, and then tellmewhen, and simply just use ELVUI.

I also had the need to have things centrally, but have found myself adapting fine the Elvui setup, and prefer having little to no clutter in the middle of my screen. Actually thinking of turning back on spell alerts via Blizz UI.

Nice UI though, very slick looking :) 

Still support Elvui despite the backdoor they used to have  implemented in their package?

More forgiving than i am.

Not a malicious one said by the creator, btw they remove it a day later this.

Edited by JvChequer

Not a malicious one said by the creator

yes, i would have said the same thing after getting caught.

And it wasn't removed by anything simpler than they got caught.  otherwise, it'd still be there, and everyone that used it would still be compromised. 

I'm not in the mindset that this kind security lapse should need three strikes.

Like i said, if you're still trusting someone who put in a backdoor (that was against blizz's ToS) then you are far more forgiving than me.

This is may be a silly question but how do you get to use the actual Sandman's Pouch Icon to work for WA? I can only seem to get the icon of the proc working for my own WA.

My UI looks a heck of a lot messier. :D

Everything in the middle is covered with WeakAuras. I have no clue how I manage to stay out of bad.

yes, i would have said the same thing after getting caught.

And it wasn't removed by anything simpler than they got caught.  otherwise, it'd still be there, and everyone that used it would still be compromised. 

I'm not in the mindset that this kind security lapse should need three strikes.

Like i said, if you're still trusting someone who put in a backdoor (that was against blizz's ToS) then you are far more forgiving than me.

I really don't get worked up over stuff like this. In an ever increasing age where people lose their shit over data protection and the likes, I'm in that mode of "if someone wants me shit, they can probably work hard enough to get it". 

Really didn't bother me in the slightest. 

• Like 1

I really don't get worked up over stuff like this. In an ever increasing age where people lose their shit over data protection and the likes, I'm in that mode of "if someone wants me shit, they can probably work hard enough to get it". 

Really didn't bother me in the slightest. 

Basking in your own ignorance.  Not something i'd necessarily want to highlight.

Basking in your own ignorance.  Not something i'd necessarily want to highlight.

Ignorance and acceptance isn't the same thing.

Furyio also never said he was ignorant nor did he bask in it, only that he accepted the fact that there is no such thing is an unbreakable firewall. Where there is a will there is a way.

Looking at your UI final version right now, you have some timer between our DF bar and gnosis what is that? Also does bars turning grey mean it safe to reapply the dot with no lost?

Any chance you can export your WA strings please? 

What size (settings) did you do to get the raid frame way you said? Hiding the bars is cool, I tried it but all the empty space left behind when bars are not shown kinda drove me crazy lol.

The timer is Hand of Gul'dan.

Ignore the grey for DoT timers it's not correct but I cba fixing it.

I already exported a bunch of WA's in the WA thread.

I just changed the size on raid frames in raid frames setting.

If you hate the empty space, disable backdrop, if that's what you mean.

The timer is Hand of Gul'dan.

Ignore the grey for DoT timers it's not correct but I cba fixing it.

I already exported a bunch of WA's in the WA thread.

I just changed the size on raid frames in raid frames setting.

If you hate the empty space, disable backdrop, if that's what you mean.

WA one that locky started? If so I check it out, didn't know anyone but locky put WA in that one. 

For raid frames, I mean what size did you put the settings?

For bars, I was talking about empty space from bottom of the screen to the WA you have. I have a similar set up, and with no bars, all that empty space between bottom of my screen to where I set stuff, was what I was talking about. I always been use to setting up my UI to go bottom up and fill in as much space as possible.

For Gnosis part, have not imported it yet, how do know when it safe to reapply a dot, if bars turning grey is not the indicator what do you use? So its HoG in between is that part of Gnosis import as well? If so is that part of the shadowflame code line? If not then i think you might of missed exporting a bar, as Demo says Corruption, Doom, shadowflame then goes to Destro selection.

Edited by Nytemare

Simple question here, I've watched a few of your videos and noticed you use a mouseover option on boss frames when there's multiple targets.

Is that somewhere in Elvui or is it a completely separate addon?

Thanks and keep up the good work.