FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Kintatzu

Need help to improve my DPS

I need help to improve my DPS

Character Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Kintatzu/simple

Combat log - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/mkbwjrgGCvTVNPx2#fight=25&type=damage-done&pins=0%24Separate%24%23244F4B%24damage%240%240.0.0.Any%24136760952.0.0.Hunter%24true%240.0.0.Any%24false%240

My rotation

Macro:

/castsequence reset=9 !Chimaera Shot,Aimed shot,Steady Shot,Aimed Shot,Steady shot,
/castsequence reset=1 Glaive Toss
/use [combat]Rapid Fire
/cast A Murder of Crows

Killshot macro

#showtooltip Kill Shot
/stopcasting
/stopcasting
/cast Kill Shot

if I use manual I follow:

still my DPS is around 13-18k no buffs

First of all, DON'T use that macro ever again. Since Hunter (together with almost all other damage specs) doesnt use a fixed rotation rather than a priority list, a castsequence macro will fuck that priority up most of the times.

Your logs show that you've been focuscapped quite some time and you also wasted 161 focus on your Kargath fight through casting steady shot while at max/almost max focus probably because of your castsequence macro.

There is absolutely no reason to pool that much focus as MM hunter. The only things you might consider having enough focus for is 

1. to be able to cast every Cimaera Shot right when it comes off cd.

2. to have enough focus when your Rapid Fire comes off cd to be able to get the maximum amount of Aimed Shots throughout the full duration.

General rule, don't waste any focus or you'll lose quite some dps.

Secondly, enchant your gear, if you dont have the money for the big enchants (which you probably would only want on 670+ gear) get the small ones for like 100g (at least on my server). Especially since you have really low Crit rating.

Also I happend to find one of my logs that's also 3:15 minutes long like your Butcher fight to compare our Spell usage.

While i'm still far from perfect in playing marksman you can see some of the mistakes you make in your rotation

-Chimaera Shot you use 13 compared to my 21

-Aimed Shot you use 23 compared to my 31

-Kill Shot you use 8 compared to my 12

Especially the Cimaera Shot one is a big issue since it is not affected by any other factor like haste for Aimed Shot but simply the cd itself which you didnt use properly. Perhaps again because of your castsequence macro.

Concluding some of the improvements you can make

1. get rid of you castsequence macro and learn to play manually with the proper priority list.

2. try to make the best use of Rapid Fire by casting as many Aimed Shots during its uptime as you can.

3. Enchant your stuff.

Last thing to say is that Marksman is also very reliant on your weapon damage which your 630 weapon doesnt provide too much of. Once you get your hands on a better weapon your dps will go up by quite a bit aswell.

• Like 2