FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
nygax

WW monk help

so I just finished gearing my windwalker monk enough to raid, but my dps on him is still a lot lower than it should be (54th percentile on butcher D; )

think someone could take a look at the logs and tell me a couple things I'm doing wrong? thanks

P.S even though I did ok on twin ogron, I need to improve on that fight specifically because I switch to my windwalker for mythic progression on them

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/nrKQmWxCfbgdj1YZ#fight=3

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Br%C3%ABwtal/advanced

(got quite a bit of gear since the logs)

First thing that sticks out is Fists of Fury.  I see 4 casts in an almost 3 minute fight.  Since the change in 6.0, it will be #1 or 2 damage source.  Should be used on cooldown.

Also Tigereye Brew doesn't look like it was used the first time until about halfway thru the fight.  There are a number of different times to use Brew (trinket procs, etc).  An easy one to start with is if you have 10 stacks of the buff when FoF comes off cooldown, pop Brew and then FoF.  Nice damage spike and everything for ~10 secs after also gets a nice buff.

Tiger power uptime.  Didn't go up at the beginning and fell off at the end.  30% armor reduce is nothing to sneeze at.  Your combo breaker procs will honestly handle a lot of this, but just use TP if the buff drops.

Those are the things I noticed, but I am by no means a top player.  Brew uptime and timing are going to be the hardest, but practice makes perfect!

First thing that sticks out is Fists of Fury.  I see 4 casts in an almost 3 minute fight.  Since the change in 6.0, it will be #1 or 2 damage source.  Should be used on cooldown.

Also Tigereye Brew doesn't look like it was used the first time until about halfway thru the fight.  There are a number of different times to use Brew (trinket procs, etc).  An easy one to start with is if you have 10 stacks of the buff when FoF comes off cooldown, pop Brew and then FoF.  Nice damage spike and everything for ~10 secs after also gets a nice buff.

Tiger power uptime.  Didn't go up at the beginning and fell off at the end.  30% armor reduce is nothing to sneeze at.  Your combo breaker procs will honestly handle a lot of this, but just use TP if the buff drops.

Those are the things I noticed, but I am by no means a top player.  Brew uptime and timing are going to be the hardest, but practice makes perfect!

Pretty much all of this for starters.

Make sure you are lining up TeB with serenity as well. Have a look at the opener thread here as well.

http://pastebin.com/28B2GKf8

Weakauras link if you want to see how i track the important stuff.