FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Bamski

Troubled Fury Warrior

Hello people of Icy-Veins :)

First of all - here is my Warrior:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/veknilash/Bamski/advanced

If needed (not sure if I have linked this correctly) here is my WoL link (I chose Elegon):

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-6xipqpp2se972q57/details/14/

The thing is, with the changes within the Fury spec since MoP took over from Cataclysm, I am having great trouble in understanding and executing a "stable" amount of DPS. The bursts are there - upto around 120k, but then they can plummet... steeply to around 35-40k.

As for the rotation I use.. well, I don't particularly stick to a single rotation. I'm not sure if I should or not, but I generate use Bloodthirst (macro'd with Synapse Springs), Raging Blow when Enraged, and it my Bloodthirst/Colossus Smash fail to trigger an Enrage, I will use Berserker Rage to force an Enrage.

I only use Heroic Strike at 60+ Rage, and through a quick Deadly Calm before I do if possible. And of course Execute when the target is below 20% health.

I have read that with a Fury Warrior, they get a precise damage increase from better weapons? At the moment, as you can see I am wielding 2 Heroic Dungeon swords. The next step up from these would be the 2H sword from Elegon LFR.. which my luck in LFR isn't worth typing about. But the bottom line is, can anyone suggest any improvements? I am so lost with my Fury Warrior of 4 years now, that I am finding myself avoiding WoW altogether as it's kinda getting me down, y;know?

Thanks guys :)

Lemme know if I can provide any more information.

The issues you're having I had as well. The one point you've made, which is very important, is that if your CS or BT doesn't proc an enrage you force the enrage with Berserker Rage. That's all well and good but then you have 30 seconds where you can't force the enrage anymore. This all leads down to the point, that at the present moment, Crit is EVERYTHING to a Fury Warrior. Or at least very very close to it. If you can't proc an enrage you lose a huge amount of damage as your main source of damage will predominately be Raging Blow. That being said you're gear is fine for your progress and your enchants are where they should be given the gear in hand (pointless spend huge sums on BiS enchants for gear you'll replace relatively quickly), so the only problem you're likely to run into is getting enough crit to proc your enrage enough.

This is where I got to before I was all but ready to give up on my Warrior and switch to my Paladin or Rogue. Lo-and-behold I decided for the sake of the first boss in MSV to switch to Arm's and just try it out and see if I could do anything with it and my dps rocketed. The reason being mainly down to the fact that it's more fluid and less RNG based. It's a pure priority system that doesn't have a luck factor in it. There is the Overpower proc, but that's just a bonus, it's not a necessity like the enrage proc's are for Fury. You very rarely will sit around waiting for your abilities to come off CD so that you can start DPS'ing again.

The only piece of advice I can give you is try Arm's. If you like it, stick with it till you get better gear (at least MSV/Valor gear) and then switch back to Fury once you have higher crit rating. It isn't a perfect fix and I know it doesn't work for everyone, but it helped me with the same problem and I know it helped another person who asked a while back on here about it too.

If you absolutely have to stay as Fury then all I can say is keep trying to perfect your Berserker Rage usage and get as much crit as you can to proc the enrages as often as you need them.

Edit: If you're wondering. This is my character (http://eu.battle.net...ercept/advanced) and if you check here (http://www.worldoflo...N/Arms_Warrior/) you can see I'm currently 11th on overall rankings for Stone Guards normal 10 man. Not a massive achievement given most of the best geared Warriors don't do Normal anymore, but it shows you can do DPS with the spec quite easily. This was also our most recent MSV normal clear (http://www.worldoflo...urce/?enc=kills).

Edited by Intercept
  • Like 1

Thank you for a dedicated and descriptive response :) Very helpful indeed, and point made very clear. Tomorrow I will switch to my offcpec, been Arms, and give it another whirl(wind) :)

Any recommended rotation guides around here for a Fury Warrior treading on Arms territory?

• Like 1

I would definitely advise you to have a quick read of the rotation for it from the Arm's Guide here. It's very good and gives, like all the guides do, a solid foundation on which to build. It doesn't prescribe the exact dps rotation but rather a guideline on which you can change it when and how you need to. Adjust to all possible possibilities, so they say.

If I had to give you one on the spot though, it would be a priority list rather then a rotation going as such. Colossus Smash on CD (if you proc the CD reset then make sure you aren't stacking the buff over an already active one), Mortal Strike on CD (unless you have a Overpower proc for Taste for Blood), Overpower whenever it's up and the first two abilities aren't active (again unless you have a possible Taste for Blood proc), Smash for when everything above is on cooldown. Finally weave Heroic Strike into your rotation as you can, mostly whenever you have more then 60 rage and the only time you deviate from this is when you get 4 or 5 stacks of Taste for Blood.

That might sound a little complicated, the simplistic version would be. Colossus Smash -> Mortal Strike -> Overpower -> Smash -> Mortal Strike -> Overpower... etc. Repeat until Colossus Smash is off cooldown while using Heroic Strike whenever you get above 60 rage.

• Like 1

After a couple of attempts with the Raiding Dummy, and another Sha of Anger kill - in Arms spec - the DPS seems to have increased. I ran a quick scan with Mr. Robot, and "he" suggests some changes with my gemming (if I have understood the Optimise feature correctly. From what I gather, I should gem more towards Expertise, and reforge more towards HitR. If I've calculated this up correctly - I would have the majority of my Exp cap from gems, which would give me more area to gain more Crit from addition Reforging I no longer need for my Exp. cap. If this made sense?

I use Mr Robot as well and he generally makes alot of sense for what I need. However there is one thing I have noticed it does between spec's. With Fury it'll try to gem and reforge you into as much Crit as it can while making sure to hit the Exp and Hit caps. With Arm's it'll still hit the Hit and Exp cap but will then make you gem towards Strength (less so then crit) while reforge you into Crit (or mastery if Crit is already on the item).

As for your actual question. I don't think it prioritizes one stat over the other so much as the gem slots you have available to you are better suited to Expertise and Strength/Crit gems rather then Hit and Strength/Crit gems and the reforging you can do is better spent working towards your Hit. I don't know the complete in's and out's of Mr. Robot, therefore my advice in that regard isn't perfect. So basically take this with a pinch of salt. Posted Image