demonardvark

Demonardvark's Unholy DK Necroblight Guide

133 posts in this topic

With the upcoming boost to necrotic plague in 6.1 more and more people are flocking to the necroblight play style for unholy death knights. This guide is to aid in understanding how necroblight works and how to maximize your DPS. I will try to follow the format in the guides on this site.

Index:

1: What Is Necroblight?

2. But my sims say defile is better?

3. Talent Choice and Glyph choice:

4a: Single Target DPS

4b. Aoe DPS

4c. Aoe DPS with unholy blight on CD

4d. Further clarifications if needed

5. When to extend necrotic and when to let if fall off

6. Stat priority

7. Final thoughts, questions, and thanks.

8. JK more stuff

9. Tier 17 implications

10. Tier 18 implications

1: What Is Necroblight?

Necro blight is a playstyle that focuses around the tier 7 talent necrotic plague. At 15 stacks it does incredible amounts of damage and with unholy dks we can extend its duration almost without end. It requires the tier 1 talent Unholy Blight. By using unholy blight on your target Necrotic plague will insta-jump to 15 stacks instead of gradually building up. This is a mandatory need as it leaves no build up time to dps and also allows you some wiggle room to mess up. So necroblight focuses on a very powerful disease and how to manage it.

2. But my sims say defile is better?

Defile is largely considered the superior tier 7 talent over necrotic. This assumes absolutely perfect execution and defile has 2 weaknesses. The first is that its initial size is smaller than DnD. If you don't have perfect aim defile won't spread or if the tank moves the enemy slightly your defile cannot spread. In addition if the enemies move out of defile it is a huge dps loss. If they move out at the beginning its bad because there is no dps buildup, if they are moved at the end of defile, you miss the largest part of the damage. Necrotic plague sticks on the target regardless of where they are moving.

3. Talent Choice and Glyph choice:

Tier 1: Unholy Blight - Mandatory

Unholy blight is how we build up our 15 stacks of necrotic quickly. Without it the build up time to 15 stacks is very long and is a dps loss. As the fight progresses there are times where you have higher priorities over extending necrotic plague and Unholy Blight Allows you to reapply you disease. This is because festering strike does not refresh our necrotic plague, it adds 8-9 seconds to the current duration. So, once necrotic drops below 15 stacks it is no longer in your interest to use runes to refresh it. Instead you will reapply with unholy blight

Tier 2: Purgatory - Your choice doesn't matter

Tier 2 is about survival, largely your choice. Purgatory is passive so you don't have to think. As unholy necroblight we have enough stuff to pay attention to.

Tier 3: Asphyxiate- Your choice doesn't matter

Again no dps gains here. I like asphyxiate for the stun. Your choice. Advice from chainsplit deaths advance has some utility in raiding whereas asphixiate does not. Let's you move your butt out of the way quickly if you need. So, death's advance has some more utility. 

Tier 4: Runic Corruption - Mandatory

Runic corruption can proc when you spend rune power and increases your rune regen rate. This is critical as we are moving constantly between two rune phases; phase 1 with 2 blood 2 frost and 2 unholy runes, phase 2 with 4 death and 2 unholy. We want to cycle these quickly in order to keep up necrotic and quickly cast scourge strike or soul reaper.

Tier 5: Death Pact- sort of mandatory

Death pact has no real cost aside from hurting your ghoul companion timmy. It is a good self heal for free, why not take it?

Tier 6: Gorefiends Grasp - suggested

In your rotation there may comes times when you have a lot of adds or trash and unholy blight is on CD. Building up necrotic is hard. Using gorefiends to pull all the trash together to help spread the disease and build stacks is exceedingly effective. Useful for dps gain in a few instances but you'll be glad you have it.

Tier 7: Necrotic Plague - seriously? MANDATORY

if you need explanation stop reading. This is our big attack and the focus of this guide. If you don't want it, why are you still reading?

Suggested Glyphs:

Major Glyphs:

1) Glyph of Regenerative Magic. The side effects of this glyph are noticable, they will shorten the CD of AMS (Anti Magic Shell) and generates therefore more Runicpower over time resulting in a DPS increase.
Source: http://www.wowdb.com...enerative-magic

2) Glyph of Empowerement. It basically morphes into our second big heal CD, next to Death Pact (which should be taken 100% of the time).
Source: http://www.wowdb.com...-of-empowerment

3) Glyph of Outbreak. Only ever usefull, if you're faced against a great number of adds or against trash, before the boss. As of now, there's no use for it, other than Tectus and Imperator. And even then not necessary. You are free to happily ignore it and take the other 3 mentioned Glyphs.
Source: http://www.wowdb.com...yph-of-outbreak

Minor Glyphs:

1) Glyph of Tranquil Grip. This removes the taunt effect from your death grip and allows you to freely move any adds across the room to eases the process of spreading Necrotic Plague. Must have.
Source: http://www.wowdb.com...f-tranquil-grip

2) Glyph of Army of the Dead. This does aswell remove the taunt effect from one of your spells. Army of the Dead, to be exactly. If you're going to use this minor CD, then it's a must have.

Your single target DPS is going to be broken into 3 phases; Pull, Boss health >45% and boss health < 45%.

Pre Pull: Pre pot and buff up with your best strength enhancers.

Pull:

1: Cast unholy blight

2. Cast summon gargoyle

3. Cast 2 festering strike and 2 scourge strike

4. Repeat step 3 as runes are available.

5. Cast empowered runic weapon

6. Repeat steps 3

7: Burn rune power on death coil when capped or during proc

The goal here is to build up as long a duration on necrotic plague as possible. This allows you to remain focused on the rest of your rotation while necrotic whittles away at the enemy. Your goal is to have your duration of necrotic plague greater than the CD of unholy blight.

Update:

Someone in this thread (I'll find your name later, sorry, doing a quick update , I love you). Found the optimal post disease application number of festering strikes. You need 3 to get diseases to the point where your normal rotation will keep them up. So festering with blood and frost of course, and first set of death runes and that should build sufficient up time until unholy blight comes off CD. When Necrotic is about 2 secs away from falling off, pop UB to ensure 100% uptime.

Boss Health >45%

1. Cast festering strike

2. Cast scourge strike

3. Cast death coil at full rune power or proc

4. transform timmy when possible

Here is where you are damaging the boss pre soul reaper phase. Your number one priority is keeping up your necrotic plague. However, you should have more room to get in scourge strikes and can get away with not casting festering when you enter phase 2 with your death runes. You burn your rune power to proc runic corruption and increase runic regeneration.

Boss Health<45%

Here is where the good and great dks will be determined. You have a number of priorities to manage.

1. Cast soul reaper

2. Cast festering strike

3. Possibly cast unholy blight (explained below)

4. cast empowered runic weapon again

5. Cast death coil at full rune power or proc

6. transform timmy.

Soul reaper will be your highest priority to maximize your kill phase dps. You may be asking about necrotic? As previously mentioned festering strike increases the current duration of necrotic by 8-9 seconds. When you fall below 15 seconds there is no reason to refresh it because you will almost immediately need to again. The question here is the cooldown on unholy blight. If unholy blight is going to come off cd soon let necrotic fall off and reapply at a longer duration with unholy blight.

When empowered comes of CD you have your critical move. Refresh necrotic and re do your pull opener again. This builds up a long necrotic again and allows you to focus on spamming soul reaper. 

4b. Aoe DPS

See single target rotation......

wait.... 

really? you bet

The focus on aoe damage is almost not to AoE. Your priority is to keep up your 15 stacks on ONE. ONE. ONE. ONLY ONE add. If it falls off the other adds a full 15 stack necrotic will jump to them. With a full 15 stack necrotic ravaging multiple adds your dps will become insane. If you need a little bit bigger push DnD is an okay choice.

To help the 15 stacks spread if adds are spreading use gorefiends or death grip to make them catch the sickness.

Update:

1. Cast Unholy Blight to spread diseases

2. Cast two festering strikes two burn frost runes

3. Cast Death and Decay with 1 unholy rune.

4. Scourge strike one add until you get death runes

5. Blood boil to your hearts content

6. Watch runes carefully to make sure you are able to extend duration of necrotic plague

7. Murlock

4c. Aoe DPS with unholy blight on CD

Things get ugly for us when we have to aoe without unholy blight on CD. The general things to do is.

1. Cast outbreak on main add target

2. Spam Plague strike to build up necrotic stacks

3. Cast outbreak on different adds when you have enough rune power.

4. When main add hits 6-7 stacks, gorefiend to bring all adds close. This should hopefully meld all the stacks as well as we can.

If this seems like too much work then spam blood boil and DnD like a scrub. Unholy blight will be off CD soon enough biggrin.png

Update:

1. out break one add

2. Plague strike two more

3. Gorefiends for snuggle time and disease spreading

4. See previous aoe rotation. Blood boil on death runes, DnD with unholy, extend necrotic when necessary

4d. Further clarifications if needed

Necroblight is all about prioritizing your attacks to maximize dps and your necrotic plague. Early on you want to simply focus on building as big a duration as possible on necrotic and then maintaining it until the boss is in soul reaper range.

Within soul reaper range you must make quick decisions about what moves to do. You want as many soul reaper casts as possible but you want necrotic to stay high. Spending runes on festering can render you unable to cast soul reaper. You have to pay attention to the cooldown of unholy blight and the duration of necrotic. Think quickly about what is best at the moment. 

Remember, if you derp, you always have unholy blight to return your stacks of necrotic biggrin.png

5. When to extend necrotic and when to let if fall off

This is probably the biggest question when it comes to priorities. In general you want to refresh when your current duration is >15 seconds. At 15 seconds and below your festering strike is wasted as the duration of necrotic will only jump up to around 20 seconds max. If runes are still regenerating you can risk necrotic falling off. If unholy blight is off CD then you don't have to worry.

so 

refresh: duration is greater than 15 seconds

fall off: if duration is less than 15 seconds and unholy blight is on CD

fall off: during soul reaper phase and both unholy blight and empowered runic weapon are off CD

for option 3 you can make you kill phase much easier. By taking 2 rune phases work you can set yourself up where you no longer have to worry about refreshing necrotic and can focus on gargoyle summoning, soul reaping, and scourge striking. 

6. Stat priority

Multistrike > Mastery > Haste > Crit > everything else

Multistrike is our best stat. It allows necrotic to have a x% chance to tick again. So, necrotic ticks 30 times a minute, with 50% multistrike in a perfect world we would get 45 ticks of necrotic. this is bueno. the truth however, is you can potentially tick 2x. So you can go from 100 to potential 160% per tick. Either way you choose to look at it, its good.

Mastery and Haste are really REALLY close together. Haste increases our rune regen rate which is great for cycling quickly. Mastery increases our damage of scourge strike and soul reaper. This pulls slightly ahead in importance.

Crit and everything else - not important enough to discuss. Offers little to empower our rotation. 

7. Final thoughts, questions, and thanks.

Necroblight is a very strong playstyle available to unholy DKs that does a huge amount of damage and is fun. It is however a gambling rotation choice. If you risk it and do well you do huge damage, if you mess up you can do abysmal damage. I like the appeal of this.

The next question is, can frost play too? The answer is maybe. I have seen very interesting rotations out of frost dks playing with necrotic plague. The problem for them is 2 fold however. They have no way to extend the duration. You could take unholy blight as your tier 1 talent but you miss out on plague leech robbing you of potential killing machine obliterates. I've seen some stupid dps out of frost dks playing with necrotic sooo maybe a rebel frost dk will work up a necrobliterate play style for us biggrin.png

Special thanks to gazooten and reisen for helping me research this stuff and figure things out. Also to all the people who pm or emailed me asking about the spec. Thanks guys you rock.

Added thanks to chainsplit for glyph section and tier 3 talent choice.

this is just edit 1 of this guide. Please leave any questions comments or ways you think i could improve it below. Also let me know if anything is redundant and not needed. Tried to address many pm questions i've seen pre writing this.

8. JK adding more stuff here

deal with it awwwwwwwwwww yeah

9. Tier 17 implications

So, whilst gearing up now you may stumble upon set pieces and wonder what the implications of it are and the impacts if any on your rotation. For tier 17 there is a slight priority shift but not much.

Your 2 piece bonus makes super saiyan timmy mode do 40% more damage. This equates to roughly a 4% dps boost. This isn't huge. However, you will want timmy to be transformed as much as possible. So, once diseases are up spamming death coil (while he is not transformed) becomes a slightly higher priority. You can get away with pooling to 100 RP and then just burning it down. But, in initial pull after pooping ERW as soon as you get enough to transform Timmy prioritize that so he can benefit from your pot in ss timmy mode.

Your 4 piece..... well has no implication. You have another death rune when Timmy digivolves. Make sure you have a spent rune before transforming him... yeah no impact.

10. Tier 18 implications and trinket

So, Tier 18 is subject to change but currently after many updates it remains the same. Your two piece gives double the stacks of shadow infusion per death coil. This is jawesome. This gets timmy transformed very quickly. But he is only a 4% dps gain right?...... Right?

Not if you have 4 piece. 4 piece now transforms timmy into super saiyan 2 Timmy, a hulking monstrosity, which increases both your and timmys damage and attack speed (currently set at 15%).

This is a huge increase for unholy and I love it. Plus im tired of looking at timmy so having a new timmy form makes me happy. 

The 4 piece bonus with necroblight makes transforming timmy a very high priority. This increases our damage by a lot while he is transformed. So while our diseases wreck face finally our other attacks will do great damage (soul reaper will be stupid).

However, there is something else new too. Archimonde drops a trinket that has special abilities depending on spec. For unholy we get wandering plague. Each disease tick has a 30% chance to tick again and deal the damage aoe to everything around it. This is crazyyyyyyy. On AoE fights our dps will have crazy dps. 

So currently hellfire citadel is leaving us with

15% damage double super timmy bonus.

Increased disease damage

More super timmy uptime

What changes does this yield to rotation?

If you possess both the trinket and 4 piece bonus nothing. Rotation is more of less the same with transforming timmy having a high priority. If you possess one or the other, then of course that will become priority (trinket only keep dem diseases up, timmy only, warp digivolve him now).

Edited by demonardvark
4 people like this

Hey, nice Guide.

Is that right, that you dont use DnD on single and multi-target fights , if u use NP ?

First of all: Thx for the guide. I guess I will switch to unholy from frost to try out the rotations and if I am able to play a proper unholy biggrin.png

What makes me a bit curious:

Your single target DPS is going to be broken into 3 phases; Pull, Boss health >45% and boss health < 45%.

Pull:

1: Cast unholy blight

2. Cast summon gargoyle

3. Cast 2 festering strike and 2 scourge strike

4. Repeat step 2 as runes are available.

5. Cast empowered runic weapon

6. Repeat steps 2 and 3

7: Burn rune power on death coil when capped or during proc

Step 4 -> Repeat step 2 which means to summon gargoyle which has a 3 min. CD. I guess you meant repeat step 3?

Edited by Malkavianic

First of all: Thx for the guide. I guess I will switch to unholy from frost to try out the rotations and if I am able to play a proper unholy biggrin.png

What makes me a bit curious:

Step 4 -> Repeat step 2 which means to summon gargoyle which has a 3 min. CD. I guess you meant repeat step 3?

yeah a couple people caught this, fixed. 

Edited by demonardvark

Very well written guide, actually cleared a few things up for me here. I will be experimenting with some ideas/theories this week with the spec and will report back with my findings. Obviously when we are able to get our diseased hands on tier gear I think the play style will change a bit, but mostly in the execute phase( instant transform of timmy = death coil spam for crazy rune regen for festering/scourge/ and most important soul reaper spams), dat 2 piece!!!. As for my DK I have way too much mastery if that's even possible lol...NEED MOAR MULTISTRIKE PLEASE!!!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/korialstrasz/Kaknsac/simple

Very well written guide, actually cleared a few things up for me here. I will be experimenting with some ideas/theories this week with the spec and will report back with my findings. Obviously when we are able to get our diseased hands on tier gear I think the play style will change a bit, but mostly in the execute phase( instant transform of timmy = death coil spam for crazy rune regen for festering/scourge/ and most important soul reaper spams), dat 2 piece!!!. As for my DK I have way too much mastery if that's even possible lol...NEED MOAR MULTISTRIKE PLEASE!!!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/korialstrasz/Kaknsac/simple

Great point I was going to add later. The tier 17 set for unholy is stupid. When soul reaper does damage we get 3 stacks of shadow infusion and when timmy transforms we get 3 FREE DEATH RUNES?!?! Dear god in our execute phase that is beautiful, free soul reapers or even a free festering. Combine that with empowered potentially coming off CD, in our execute tier phase we will have more runes then we can spend.

With tier 17 set im going to say haste will be our 2nd highest stat so we can lower our GCDs and try to spend all the runes we are getting.

And yeah Gaz, there isn't much multistrike gear out there for us sad.png  I miss having gems slots EVERYWHERE. hopefully blackrock will be better to us then highmaul

also i just hate highmaul in general

Edited by demonardvark

I do too, but I don't know if you noticed or not but our tier is LOADED with multistrike!! :D According to wowhead our 2 piece is 5 stacks of shadow infusion not 3 (even better) however our 4 piece we only get 1 rune refreshed and not 3 :(

I do too, but I don't know if you noticed or not but our tier is LOADED with multistrike!! biggrin.png According to wowhead our 2 piece is 5 stacks of shadow infusion not 3 (even better) however our 4 piece we only get 1 rune refreshed and not 3 sad.png

oh snapples when did that change? oh well at least we get a free bonus rune and YES hopefully great news about blackrock.

Well, based on Skullflowers Blog, the gear in BrF is extremly good for UH and DW DK's.

We're basically top tier in this expansion =).

EDIT:

I'd rather recommened Death's Advance for Tier 3, since it passively increases our speed and actively once activated. Asphyxiate is only helpful for trash, there's not a single boss on which you could cast it.

More so, shouldn't we cast Outbreak as the very first thing? Or does UB apply the disease aswell?

Edited by ChaiNspliT

Well, based on Skullflowers Blog, the gear in BrF is extremly good for UH and DW DK's.

We're basically top tier in this expansion =).

EDIT:

I'd rather recommened Death's Advance for Tier 3, since it passively increases our speed and actively once activated. Asphyxiate is only helpful for trash, there's not a single boss on which you could cast it.

More so, shouldn't we cast Outbreak as the very first thing? Or does UB apply the disease aswell?

Tier 3 is preference, I personally never found the speed boost from deaths advance that noticeable or beneficial.

Unholy blight is the key beyond necroblight working. It causes necrotic to quickly jump to 15 stacks vs having to wait 15+ seconds for the stacks to build or otherwise be built up. This difference is a huge amount of dps. So 1 unholy blight use = 15 stacks of necrotic, 1 outbreak use = 1 stack of necrotic.

Hey, nice Guide.

Is that right, that you dont use DnD on single and multi-target fights , if u use NP ?

omg so sorry, somehow i missed your post >_<

Correct, 99% of the time if you use NP you will forgo usage of DnD. The few times you may want to is when you have an AOE fight and unholy blight is on cooldown and you need to try to keep your diseases up.

The reason is that at 15 stacks of necrotic your damage is sooo high you need nothing else to contribute your dps. Your focus needs to be on one add to keep your diseases up. on 4+ adds its impossible to keep festering strike all of them. So you just really do your single target rotation on one add. If the disease falls off the others it will auto jump from the add you have uptime on. In the off chance the other adds are getting too far away you use tranquil death grip or gorefiends to bring em all together and let the disease spread.

Tier 3 is preference, I personally never found the speed boost from deaths advance that noticeable or beneficial.

Kind of preference, but if we're in a raid environment Death's Advance is the only Tier 3 spell, that has actual use and benefits:

There are instances in which you definitly want some temporary speed buff, such as against the Tidal Wave from Brackenspore, or to quickly change to the mages against Imperator or even against Koragh, when the frostbolt slowed you down and you need to get out of it.

Or, in my opinion the most important instance, against Twins on Mythic. Once Phemos casts whirlwind he sucks you into his generel direction, so you have to bring some kind of Speed buff to the table.

And there's yet to come more, once we hit Blackrock Foundry.

As mentioned, Asphyxiate doesn't bring any utility (other than for trash) and is rendered useless. At the very least, Death's Advance is passive.

Of course, this is your guide and you can feel free to write whatever you want to, indepentendly of any other sources. But please consider adding that as default choice and explain your preference.

Edited by ChaiNspliT

I'd like to suggest some changes to your Glyph section aswell, let me explain:

Major Glyphs:

1) Glyph of Regenerative Magic. The side effects of this glyph are noticable, they will shorten the CD of AMS (Anti Magic Shell) and generates therefore more Runicpower over time resulting in a DPS increase.

Source: http://www.wowdb.com/spells/146648-glyph-of-regenerative-magic

2) Glyph of Raise Ally. This removes the Runic Power cost of our BR, which is a DPS increase in some cases.

Source: http://www.wowdb.com/spells/159427-glyph-of-raise-ally

3) Glyph of Empowerement. It basically morphes into our second big heal CD, next to Death Pact (which should be taken 100% of the time).

Source: http://www.wowdb.com/spells/159421-glyph-of-empowerment

4) Glyph of Outbreak. Only ever usefull, if you're faced against a great number of adds or against trash, before the boss. As of now, there's no use for it, other than Tectus and Imperator. And even then not necessary. You are free to happily ignore it and take the other 3 mentioned Glyphs.

Source: http://www.wowdb.com/spells/59332-glyph-of-outbreak

Minor Glyphs:

1) Glyph of Tranquil Grip. This removes the taunt effect from your death grip and allows you to freely move any adds across the room to eases the process of spreading Necrotic Plague. Must have.

Source: http://www.wowdb.com/spells/63335-glyph-of-tranquil-grip

2) Glyph of Army of the Dead. This does aswell remove the taunt effect from one of your spells. Army of the Dead, to be exactly. If you're going to use this minor CD, then it's a must have.

Source: http://www.wowdb.com/spells/58669-glyph-of-army-of-the-dead

Edited by ChaiNspliT

I wouldn't suggest taking Glyph of Empowerment in most cases, because of the way we use ERW. You want to use it when all of your runes are on CD, which doesn't always align with damage spikes, making the 30% heal useless. 

I wouldn't suggest taking Glyph of Empowerment in most cases, because of the way we use ERW. You want to use it when all of your runes are on CD, which doesn't always align with damage spikes, making the 30% heal useless. 

It's possible to use ERW twice per encounter. The first one, obviously, is unlikely to heal you or by just a margin.

The benefit of it comes into play later on in the fight, as you're now very likely to be noticable damaged. And as there're no better choices for the 3rd slot (correct me if I'm wrong), and therefore there's no downside of using it.

Edited by ChaiNspliT

It's possible to use ERW twice per encounter. The first one, obviously, is unlikely to heal you or by just a margin.

The benefit of it comes into play later on in the fight, as you're now very likely to be noticable damaged. And as there're no better choices for the 3rd slot (correct me if I'm wrong), and therefore there's no downside of using it.

Yeah, you might be right, I didn't consider the second cast of ERW, the chances of it healing you are high. But because most of the fights in Highmaul have adds, I think that Glyph of Blood Boil is better. That said, BB is useless on Twin Ogron and Brackenspore (and Kargath if you are not going up in the stands), so you could use Glyph of Empowerment there. I just like the Glyph of BB for convenience sake, because it is useful on the trash, so I don't need to switch glyphs often.

Yeah, you might be right, I didn't consider the second cast of ERW, the chances of it healing you are high. But because most of the fights in Highmaul have adds, I think that Glyph of Blood Boil is better. That said, BB is useless on Twin Ogron and Brackenspore (and Kargath if you are not going up in the stands), so you could use Glyph of Empowerment there. I just like the Glyph of BB for convenience sake, because it is useful on the trash, so I don't need to switch glyphs often.

I usually will not use blood boil at all when going with necrotic,  Blood runes are far more valuable with festering strike and extending necrotic plague duration.  As mentioned above, it is better staying single target and letting the plague work for you, and thus not using blood boil, making that glyph a poor choice when going Necroblight.

Update:

Updated glyph section with chainsplits suggestions.

Updated Talents with chainsplits suggestions

Empowered is already listed in the rotation as part of the opener. The usage is to build up as much of a duration on necrotic as you can (50 seconds is apparently the max i have been able to get). The goal too is to be able to use it again on CD during the soul reaper phase to either reapply a full necrotic or to be able to have more reaping.

Also, I do not recommend blood boil usage ever as zilthy said the blood runes have better uses.

50 second max?  On target dummies I have gotten it much higher, over 2 minutes.   I need to stop working on my WeakAuras though and get in and test them out in an LFR before raid tonight.   I have been modifying them to take in to account for the necroblight rotation.

I am not sure how high it can go realistically in a real fight though.

Edited by Zilthy

50 second max?  On target dummies I have gotten it much higher, over 2 minutes.   I need to stop working on my WeakAuras though and get in and test them out in an LFR before raid tonight.   I have been modifying them to take in to account for the necroblight rotation.

Sounds interesting.

You might want to PM Storm to add your version specifically for Necroblight into his Unholy WA Thread, once you're finished.

Edited by ChaiNspliT

Nice!!! that's good to know. 50 seconds was the most I got visually notice during some fights but I use the basic UI that comes with the game and only 1 addon XD so its good to know we can buil up a 2 min duration specifically for our kill phase. Further supports my guides rotation :D

1 person likes this

Nice!!! that's good to know. 50 seconds was the most I got visually notice during some fights but I use the basic UI that comes with the game and only 1 addon XD so its good to know we can buil up a 2 min duration specifically for our kill phase. Further supports my guides rotation biggrin.png

Yup.... my WA set has DoT timers on, and for necrotic it lists stacks and time remaining.   It would seem, in theory, one could get the time so high on certain fights, would not need to re-apply Necrotic at all during sub 45% phase, although, I am not sure how well that would play on overall DPS.

Yup.... my WA set has DoT timers on, and for necrotic it lists stacks and time remaining.   It would seem, in theory, one could get the time so high on certain fights, would not need to re-apply Necrotic at all during sub 45% phase, although, I am not sure how well that would play on overall DPS.

I dont understand why people want to do this... Getting it to last costs alot of GCD's and death runes but that's a huge dps loss when you can cast UB (1 cast) for free 30 sec uptime and use them death runes on SS. To max dps you should cast just enough FeS to keep it up then insta UB to get it back up to 15 and full duration

This rotation has pretty much made me fall in love with my DPS DK again. Last time I was this pumped was when I got the Frost Strike Glyph from XT-002 Deconstructor back in Ulduar :D

So I guess I'm just saying thanks!

2 people like this

This rotation has pretty much made me fall in love with my DPS DK again. Last time I was this pumped was when I got the Frost Strike Glyph from XT-002 Deconstructor back in Ulduar biggrin.png

So I guess I'm just saying thanks!

glad you like it :D