Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Resto shaman need help trying to figure out what the bests stats are

2 posts in this topic

Hi I am trying to figure out what the best stats for a resto shaman are in Warlords of Draenor for raiding the places I've looked half of them say critical strike and mastery are better and then the other half is saying haste and mastery rating is better. Does anyone know for sure what the better two stats are?

Mastery and Haste for sure.

Definitely not Crit.

If you are interested in deep explanations and math - welcome to the shamans section of the  forum smile.png

You can look in this topic for example. It's a bit outdated because of recent changes to Haste, but the stat weights were barely affected by this - just made Mastery and Haste even closer to each other.

Edited by Pandacho

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Shirushi
      Good day,
      My name is Shirushi and I am new to the shaman class. I have been healing now since Emerald Nightmare has come out, and I feel that I am missing something with my healing. I know really vague right. I want to be able to maximize my HPS, but according to the logs especially on the Cenarius attempts in Log 2 my healing seems to be lacking. I am attempting to stick to the rotation as much as possible and I know my timing on my totems is a little off. If you require more information please let me know. My artifact weapon has 25 points in it, and my next artifact trait will be Tidal Pools.
      I have tried Cloudburst Totem but was having issues working it into rotation properly, our raid group usually stays as spread out as possible which I know hurts my healing a little. I am looking for any advice that can be given on helping me better understand the Resto Shaman and to master the class. Below are my armory link and two logs that I have gathered.
      Armory Link
      Log 1
      Log 2
    • By Pandacho
      I already leveled a resto shaman on Beta to lvl 110 some time ago and was waiting to be closer to prepatch to write about my leveling experience and give some tips to fellow healers but today found out that Dayani already did it in her great and deep article "Legion Beta: Leveling as a Healer – The Surprising Result I Can’t Explain and You Won’t Believe!" (all credit goes to Dayani).
      I highly recommend to read the article and confirm that my experience in leveling was pretty much the same up to level 110.
      For those who prefer it short:
      1. There's no noticeable difference in efficiency whether you choose to level in resto or ele spec.
      2. There is a difference in leveling approach:
      - ele shaman is much more fragile and has to take healing/drinking breaks but the playstile is more engaging.
      - resto shaman is literally unkillable, time to kill regular mobs is pretty similar to ele but killing fat mobs and elites takes ages due to lack of dps CDs/totems.
      - choose you personal preference: higher dps but more time between pulls vs lower dps with no breaks between pulls. The difference in dps is not that big: I'd say most of time it's about 20-30%.
      3. On level 102 you will get your off-spec Artifacts (quests in the Class Order Hall) so don't worry about being stuck in dps spec until 110 level or not being able to heal leveling dungeons.
      4. The waste majority of Artifact power you will gain, are usable items so just switch to the "right" spec to apply them (you automatically switch to the appropriate Artifact when changing spec).
      There are some quests that apply Artifact power to your currently equipped Artifact right away but it's such a minor amount of power, you shouldn't bother about it.
      5. Artifact Relics: Every time you'll see a Relic choice as a quest reward, you can switch specs to check how it changes (sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't) and make your decision. Then just grab the reward in appropriate spec.
      6. You can upgrade your off-spec (dps) Artifact during leveling: the amount of Power used to activate traits growth exponential in the way that activating first 13 traits on off weapon will take less Power than activating Trait 14 on the main weapon.
      You can check the math in this thread (thanks and credit goes to Zagam).
      7. Better not to spread activated traits between different lines of progression on your main Artifact during leveling: in this case the price of your first Gold Trait would be pretty much unbearable. Choose one line and fill it up to the Gold Trait that will boost your healing in a powerful way.
      8. I'd suggest to use Artifact Calculator before spending Power because to drop and rearrange currently activated traits will cost you the last applied amount of Power (at least in the current Beta build, meaning: if the last activated trait costed you 340 Power - it will be the cost of rearrangement, if the last activated trait costed you 15000 Power - it will be the price).
      TL;DR: level in whatever spec you want, it wouldn't affect in any way your end-game experience. The leveling efficiency (time spent) is roughly the same for both healing and dps specs.
    • By Toolt
      i have a bit of a problem with choice of trinket.  what is better, loosing a mana reg + haste procc or gaining boost to stats ? Mythic Auto-Repairing Autoclave vs Heroic Flickering Felspark.
      Second  trinket slot is heroic Demonic Phylactery.
    • By Unsaveable
      hello and thanks for your time!
      i dont personally play a shaman healer, and we have one in our raid group its kind of hard for me to help him much. but he's kind of underperforming on 70-80% of pulls, we're starting to make plans to move to mythic and it would be super helpful not to need an extra healer to off set our weaker ones (sadly i do mean to say 'ones')
      Anywho enough with that, here's some logs:
      here's an armory:
      and again, thanks for your time, any times or tricks you can give would be super awesome!
      im sorry there's not alot of information to go off of regarding his cast priority
      Unsaveable-LoH's tank
    • By Amygdalla
      Hello all. 
      I would like some assistance if possible in regards to healing. It was brought to my attention by my healing team that I need to improve certain things. I have been following icy veins forums and other resources for a while and was told to come seek help due to my inability to perform well in certain encounters (Twins, Brackenspore). To get different perspectives from more experienced players in terms of statistics, etc. 
      I understand that there is always room for improvement and I welcome positive criticism. I am not very good at understanding the Warcraft Log statistics and this is why I need someone who is good at that and resto shaman healing, to help me out.
      I have been having a hard time during Mythic Twins and yesterday during Mythic Brackenspore progression (our first tries, and the logs havent been uploaded yet), everyone was expecting me to shine due to the nature of the encounter and the fact that resto shamans are supposed to be amazing in this encounter b/c of aoe heals.
      While I understand that gear shouldn't hold me back, I am the lowest geared healer in our group atm- competing with a druid, holy priest, and 2 paladins who outgear me by 10+ ilvls is not easy especially when my SLT and HTT are reserved for specific infesting abilities. I dont expect these things to be a crutch, b/c i need to pull my own weight. I want to get better and fix what I am doing wrong. 
      I went ahead and found some Weak Aura strings from Stoove's blog- and with notification for my HST, Healing Rain, Elemental Blast, Unleash Elements, I am sure it will help immensely (ps: I am having an issue with the Tidal Waves aura bc the CDs don't seem to be working properly, but that shouldn't be a problem bc I always make sure to have Riptide up at all times). Also, I know I am missing some enchants, but I am working on getting my new weapon and neck piece enchant before raid next week.
      With that being said, I would really appreciate all the advise and help I can receive from all of you. So, here's my Armory Link and my guild's Logs of Tuesday.
      Warcraft Logs:
      Thanks in advance.