Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Elegua

Affliction PVP

2 posts in this topic

First of all I'd like to say Icy Veins, several regular posters, and Zagam in particular have some outstanding advice and have helped me out a lot in fine-tuning my PVE skills.

I'm starting to finally get my feet wet in PVP and am having a hard time discovering what is going to work best.

Any PVP afflocks out there care to sound off on PVP tips? I'm wondering what rotations and macros work best for you.

Hi Elegua,

Glad to hear that we've been able to help you from a PvE perspective! While I am nowhere close to being as versed in PvP as I am in PvE, I have explored each spec in PvP and can tell you with a great deal of confidence that Affliction is pretty crappy at the moment.

Right now, Affliction's strength comes from channeling MG or DS with DoTs on a target. It's really hard to take down melee because as soon as they see your purpley beam of doom, aka Malefic Grasp, they charge/interrupt/stun and from there, it's hard to get any consistent damage. In arena, being focused will spell your doom. You can spread instant cast DoTs and use Fear to get Unstable Affliction up on all of your targets, but your DoTs don't hit for much until MG is applied. This may change in 5.1 when you can freely cast with no penalty except a minor speed reduction (30%), but as of now, Affliction is pretty tame compared to Destruction and Demonology.

If you insist on playing Affliction, what I've found works best is to abuse the crap out of your Teleport. Use it after a Warrior's charge, after a rogue Shadowsteps (if he's bad and didn't stun you), or my favorite...after a DK has gripped you. Use Fear to DoT up your target. Affliction has Nightmare built in meaning when they come out of a Fear effect, they will be running much slower back to you. Use Fel Flame to refresh UA rather than casting it again, and once you get some separation, then you can start using Malefic Grasp. In arena, you just want to put as much pressure on the healer as you can. You can do this by putting DoTs up on everyone. The healer, his teammates, pets, everything. DoT things like it's going out of fashion. Use your survival CDs when pressured such as Dark Regeneration with a glyphed Healthstone. Unending Resolve prevents interrupts and Silences.

...and soon, Patch 5.1 gives you 70% mobility with no casting penalty while using Kil'jaeden's Cunning. This is...incredible. They're also fixing that wonderful bug where you can't fear a Warrior who popped Recklessness off of you. Those damn Warriors will have their day...DAMN THEM!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By JamesGoblin
      Crowfall is like RTS meets EVE Online meets Minecraft...if that made any sense? Before massive battles (hundreds of players), building structures and economy make it into the game, it currently looks rather like MOBA than MMO; Also, you can build your own kingdom by placing valleys, mountains...at will:

Another strange thing is, frequent changes of sex/class/race are likely - account and progression are tied to crow-spirit, not the body/avatar. Now, alpha access is expensive but open beta (free tests) is scheduled for "summer 2017", requiring only registration on the site. Here are some early player made videos, starting with TheLazyPeon's recent preview:

PS If my incomprehensible intro didn't make any sense, IGN Wiki maybe will.
    • By liverbiird
      now ive tried diffrent ways of doing my rotation but i still cant seem to "hold it up" i am high up at start...til like 30-60sec into the fight then i start falling behind:(

So iam willing to give out 1 token to whom ever can give me a reasonable, understandable solution that works for me
      (i know i didnt optimize my trueshot, prepots etc etc) But the problem is after trueshot and my troll racial is "over" i start falling:(
      this is what i wanna figure out, ive tried to do Aimed and then barrage/windburst etc but i seem to starve on focus, ive tried the 2aimed then some cd's but seems i fall behind on Aimedshot dmg then:(

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/xZf9NW1KV6nyLgXQ#fight=30&type=damage-done&source=153          <----Log of the actuall kill
      here i got run over, but still my numbers are abysmal  (7% pref(

here is the same rotation but a wipe  (29% pref)
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/xZf9NW1KV6nyLgXQ#fight=28&type=damage-done&source=153 

another wipe, same rotation but only 9% pref
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/xZf9NW1KV6nyLgXQ#fight=27&type=damage-done&source=153 

So even with the same rotation (atleast i think and feel like i do the same) i can go from 7% pref to 29% pref, i know alot of dmg is RNG but i cant be THAT Unlucky
      id say my avg preformance is about 10% so iam not unlucky iam sucky:(
      but i need to understand what i need to work on:( rotation i know...but is it as simple as to get the azortian down to the perfection?
      cause ive seen other hunters do my "get as many aimedshot as possible into vuln phase" do like 98% pref...but when i do it i fall down to 9.8:)

tnx for any input and help

and ill be more then willing to hand out a token for a guide/suggestion that actually works for me
    • By st4rrk
      Hey guys , i need your help to get the max out of my pala.
      Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/kbvVNYRqQKBMLdpA/#type=damage-done&source=3&fight=1
      (i know i should use the other prepot)
      http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/aegwynn/Glatzenbernd/simple

thanks for your help :)
    • By Archimage
      Macros for mage talents in 7.1 just putting it out there:   Frost: /use [talent:1/1] Ray of Frost; [talent:1/2] Lonely Winter; [talent:1/3] Bone Chilling
      /use [talent:2/1] Shimmer; [talent:2/2] Cauterize; [talent:2/3] Cold Snap
      /use [talent:3/1] Mirror Image; [talent:3/2] Rune of Power; [talent:3/3] Incanter's Flow
      /use [talent:4/1] Ice Nova; [talent:4/2] Frozen Touch; [talent:4/3] Splitting Ice
      /use [talent:5/1] Ice Floes; [talent:5/2] Ring of Frost; [talent:5/3] Ice Ward
      /use [talent:6/1] Frost Bomb; [talent:6/2] Unstable Magic; [talent:6/3] Artic Gale
      /use [talent:7/1] Thermal Void; [talent:7/2] Glacial Spike; [talent:7/3] Comet Storm   Fire: /use [talent:1/1] Pyromaniac; [talent:1/2] Conflagration; [talent:1/3] Firestarter
      /use [talent:3/1] Mirror Image; [talent:3/2] Rune of Power; [talent:3/3] Incanter's Flow
      /use [talent:4/1] Blast Wave; [talent:4/2] Flame ON; [talent:4/3] Controlled Burn
      /use [talent:6/1] Living Bomb; [talent:6/2] Unstable Magic; [talent:6/3] Flame Patch
      /use [talent:7/1] Kindling; [talent:7/2] Cinderstorm; [talent:7/3] Meteor   Arcane: /use [talent:1/1] Arcane Familiar; [talent:1/2] Presence of Mind; [talent:1/3] Words of Power
      /use [talent:4/1] Supernova; [talent:4/2] Charged Up; [talent:4/3] Resonance
      /use [talent:6/1] Nether Tempest; [talent:6/2] Unstable Magic; [talent:6/3] Erosion
      /use [talent:7/1] Overpowered; [talent:7/2] Quickening; [talent:7/3] Arcane Orb     General Focus Macros: /cast [@focus, exists, nodead][] Polymorph
      /cast [@focus, exists, nodead][] Counterspell
    • By Rhythrael
      We Were Prepared is a Horde guild (Mug'thol) recruiting for Heroic farm and Mythic raiding progression, as well as aiming to build a core RBG team.

Currently we raid Tuesday-Thursday nights at 10pm PST until 12 Midnight. 

We're seeking active and engaging members for our core team to begin mythic progression.

If you have any questions or would like an invite or have questions about the guild please PM me or message Rhythrael, Rhyker or Xchaos in game