Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Elegua

Affliction PVP

2 posts in this topic

First of all I'd like to say Icy Veins, several regular posters, and Zagam in particular have some outstanding advice and have helped me out a lot in fine-tuning my PVE skills.

I'm starting to finally get my feet wet in PVP and am having a hard time discovering what is going to work best.

Any PVP afflocks out there care to sound off on PVP tips? I'm wondering what rotations and macros work best for you.

Hi Elegua,

Glad to hear that we've been able to help you from a PvE perspective! While I am nowhere close to being as versed in PvP as I am in PvE, I have explored each spec in PvP and can tell you with a great deal of confidence that Affliction is pretty crappy at the moment.

Right now, Affliction's strength comes from channeling MG or DS with DoTs on a target. It's really hard to take down melee because as soon as they see your purpley beam of doom, aka Malefic Grasp, they charge/interrupt/stun and from there, it's hard to get any consistent damage. In arena, being focused will spell your doom. You can spread instant cast DoTs and use Fear to get Unstable Affliction up on all of your targets, but your DoTs don't hit for much until MG is applied. This may change in 5.1 when you can freely cast with no penalty except a minor speed reduction (30%), but as of now, Affliction is pretty tame compared to Destruction and Demonology.

If you insist on playing Affliction, what I've found works best is to abuse the crap out of your Teleport. Use it after a Warrior's charge, after a rogue Shadowsteps (if he's bad and didn't stun you), or my favorite...after a DK has gripped you. Use Fear to DoT up your target. Affliction has Nightmare built in meaning when they come out of a Fear effect, they will be running much slower back to you. Use Fel Flame to refresh UA rather than casting it again, and once you get some separation, then you can start using Malefic Grasp. In arena, you just want to put as much pressure on the healer as you can. You can do this by putting DoTs up on everyone. The healer, his teammates, pets, everything. DoT things like it's going out of fashion. Use your survival CDs when pressured such as Dark Regeneration with a glyphed Healthstone. Unending Resolve prevents interrupts and Silences.

...and soon, Patch 5.1 gives you 70% mobility with no casting penalty while using Kil'jaeden's Cunning. This is...incredible. They're also fixing that wonderful bug where you can't fear a Warrior who popped Recklessness off of you. Those damn Warriors will have their day...DAMN THEM!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• Dark Hearts Guild Recruitment
      By DerrickHuggins
      I am Angellos#1559. Dark Hearts is a Horde faction guild on the Hyjal. We are seeking all roles. We are involved in Hardcore and Casual raiding as well as PVP. We are gay-friendly and welcome social and casual players alike. Our guild webpage is HTTP://darkhearts.guildlaunch.com and curse client servers is https://curse.com/invite/KFkn8boC8EOIEe6pDmwTYw. We also award monthly game time base on attendence and performance.
    • [Thrall][H]<Ascendency> HFC Heroic 12/13 LF Heals & Melee Dps
      By Esabeth
      Ascendency is a guild comprised of sociable, mature players who strive for teamwork, camaraderie and enjoyment of the game as we prevail over the foes of the land from current and past perils. Our goal is to conquer PVE content as a synergic team and attain various epic deeds. Be a place where members can find a home and not just be a warm body.   Guild Name: Ascendency Faction: Horde Server/timezone: Thrall-PvE, Eastern Time Raid Times: 8:30-10 pm EST/Server Time Raid Schedule: Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays Loot: Personal Member Type: Adult (21+) Working class w/full time jobs Voice Service: Ventrilo   Progression: We have been progressing through Normal raids, however we have added Heroic progression for a little more challenge. Although most members are not heroic experience, we like everyone to progression with a calm and mature atmosphere, but that won't mean that we don't get bosses down. We make sure we learn something from our progression. Please do not expect a Mystic raid from us, as we do not like to go as far to thinking hardcore. We believe it will not bring a pleasant and mature progression, so we'd like to stick with what we do.   Recruiting: We do not pressure our members to play what is needed for our raid team, however there will be certain roles that will not be recruited (Tanks mainly). However we like that our members play the class they enjoy playing, so there is no pressure or trouble to decide a role/class just for our raid team.    We accept all classes and specs as Social member. However, we are having a heal role issue and in need to recruit a 3rd dedicated healer for our raid progression. unfortunately Disc priest and Resto Druid we do not need, as we have them both, so please do not ask a room for one. We are also searching for a melee dps as well, preferably a Rogue, Feral Druid or WW Monk. Unfortunately we are full on Ret pallies and warriors.    We are currently in Heroic Hellfire Citadel Progression, 12/13, hoping to go after Archimonde for everyone to get their moose mount before the Prepatch.    Please know that we do not like anyone with an attitude towards anyone. We like for everyone to be themselves but also respect each other. In short: no drama or trouble. We like to keep our guild laid back and for everyone to enjoy the game in our guild.    We also have an age policy: ages 21+.    -What we have on our Raid Team- Warriors: We have a Tank and a fury Death Knights: We have 1, but are welcoming more Paladins: We have 2 dps and a tank. A Holy Paladin will be needed. Monks: We are welcoming monks as well, either a mistweaver (3rd) Heals or WW dps Priests: We have a Disc Healer as our 2nd dedicate healer and 2 Shadow priests, but are welcoming a holy for 3rd Shamans: We are in need of a Resto and/or Elemental! Druids: We have our resto Druid as our 1st dedicate healer, but we welcome feral or boomkin dps Rogues: We have none as our rogue switched to our 2nd Tank, so we are welcoming rogues as well Mages: We have 1 dedicated mage, and more are welcomed Warlocks: We have 1 dedicated raider, and will accept another Hunters: We have 1 dedicated raider, and will accept another Casual Raiders and Non-Raiders are all welcome to join! We accept Social people and Raiders! We understand that our members have full time jobs and have limited time as we raid for a short hour and we do not pressure non raiders to participate for raid nights. If anyone would like to raid, we make sure to open our raid schedules in the calendar for people to sign up and communicated with our Raid Leaders.
        Monthly Events and other Activities: We like to do monthly events for everyone to have fun, other then raid nights, even for non raiders. Transmog Contests are very common that we do. Open ideas or anything new anyone thinks of trying for a different event will be optional.   We often like to see members group up for dungeons or group quests, timewalking, etc.   Guild Communication: The guild has a paid web site, facebook page and a twitter account enabling members to socialize and stay informed with the latest and greatest. The website is our primary location to keep up with happenings of the guild.   We often use Vent to communicate with other members. We don't like drama and trouble, so we like to keep the guild laid back and sociable for everyone to enjoy the game and have fun.   http://ascendency.guildlaunch.com/ Twitter: Ascendencyguild   Contact Any of our Officers: Esabeth#1634 Feorne#1606
    • New Resto Shaman would highly appreciated if someone could help me
      By Ishkur
      Hello fellow shamans,
      I'm a freshly boosted shaman. Never played one before but I am keen on healing with him. I've been asking new raid to let him in and they allow it.
      I'm there as a resto shaman and I'm pulling very low number/ranking compared to both warcraftlogs and askmrrobot. I know my gears and enchants are not the optimal but I feel like with a solid rotation/priority I should be able to do better before concentrating on gearing.
      I did some research (mainly through google and chainheal) and I did try to maximize Riptide, Healing Stream Totem and Elemental Blast. As well as keeping uptime on Earth Shield and using Chainheal as fillers, but the numbers are way worse than I've imagined it would be. 
      I'd highly appreciated it if someone could help me with some pointers in resto shaman.
      Character name: Dianny
      Here are the logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/qczpPJdwTXZG4ayN#fight=34&type=summary
      My armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kiljaeden/Dianny/simple

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my post. Any feedbacks and criticism are highly appreciated.

• [US-Mal'Ganis][H]<Grimoire Raven> all players
      By GabbaPreston
      Hi! Grimoire Raven is a slightly new guild looking to recruit anyone and everyone who is friendly and looking for a family feel from a guild. We would love to build a strong large guild full of people who want to do events, achievements, raiding, pvp, or even just casual play. We are looking for general guild member and would eventually like to recruit some people who we could trust to keep an eye and lead the guild in the case that the current leaders are busy with any average life things.
      Grimoire Raven is a Horde guild on Mal'Ganis server. All of our events, raiding, etc times are based on Mal'Ganis server time. The 3 current leaders have experience in Draenor raiding. 1 has full cleared normal HFC many times and 2 including myself have cleared normal and heroic. We plan on having a no consequence policy for raiding meaning that if you can't make it on a raid day or honestly aren't feeling up to raiding you can take a break or choose to opt out of raid days with no consequence, however you must consider the progression of the guild and how it can affect the guild, but you won't lose gear or anything if you cannot make it.
      At the moment we plan on being a casual and pvp guild aside from small groups working on dungeons and such. Once Legion arrives we would like a strong group to progression raid for the guild along with one or so of our guild masters. Those who dedicate themselves to raiding are responsible for knowing the fights and bringing in their own experience and help for the raids. In other words do not only take from the guild make sure you equally share and allow for others to have the same privileges as yourself.
      Overall I want my guild to flourish with people who are excited for Legion and have a passion for the game! If you would like to join feel free to contact me on WoW or Battlenet for any questions or inquiries about joining. My battletag is GabbaPreston#1398 and you can send any questions to my mailbox under the character name Oridoril on Mal'Ganis. 
      Thank you for any interests and I hope if my guild isn't for you then you find a great guild for yourself!

• Crowfall ("RTS" MMO) videos + open beta info
      By JamesGoblin
      Crowfall is like RTS meets EVE Online meets Minecraft...if that made any sense? Also, before massive battles (hundreds of players), building structures and economy make it into the game, it currently looks rather like MOBA than MMO...and you can
      there!?

Another strange thing is, frequent changes of sex/class/race are likely - account and progression are tied to crow-spirit, not the body/avatar. Now, alpha access is expensive but open beta (free tests) is scheduled for this winter, requiring only registration on the site. Here are some early player made videos, starting with some voxel destruction: 

PS If my incomprehensible intro didn't make any sense, IGN Wiki maybe will!?