Damien

[Archived] S20 Hearthstone Mid Budget Mage Duplicate Control GvG

17 posts in this topic

Hi. The following paragraph in the "card swaps" section should be removed, since in the low-budget deck the only craftable legendary left is Antonidas.. ;-)

"If you do not have access to some of the Legendary cards featured in the deck, you can use Sunwalker, Loatheb, a second Fireball, or Unstable Portal to replace them. The exception to this is Archmage Antonidas which is crucial to the deck."

Is there any explanation why there is a icy barrier as second secret set? Why dont you reccomend any other secrets or this deckbuild?

The deck is all about survival and outlasting the opponent. Ice Barrier provides you with some early security against aggressive decks like Hunter and Mage until you can start to clear their board.

Good deck, although I just can't play Zombie chow properly. So I replaced it with Dragon egg, which you can trigger yourself as well, and works with aoe. And the Mad scientist is too unpredictable I think. And since you're supposed to play it later in the game, chances are that your secrets are already in your hand so it's of no good use then .....

In the end I put 2 Nerubian eggs and (still experimenting) instead.

What do you think?

Edited by Panzuulor

To be perfectly honest, both of those changes sound completely terrible to me. Dragon Egg does nothing to thwart early Aggro, which is the point of Zombie Chow, and Mad Scientist is simply one of the most powerful cards in the game, and is an auto-include in any deck with Secrets.

1 person likes this

Is there any videos of you using this deck? I have created this deck and been using it for a few weeks and can not seem to rank up past 16.

Is there any videos of you using this deck? I have created this deck and been using it for a few weeks and can not seem to rank up past 16.

The same for me. Althrough I blame myself.

This is not a deck i play commonly, as mentioned in the guide, I got it from my friend and former team mate Exploding Cow. He did use the deck to get to the final of the UK's biggest Hearthstone LAN, but I unfortunately cannot find the video of the final on youtube :(

This deck is a joke. Hardly can get past rank 17 with this one.

The guy who made the deck has made finals of big LANs with it, and qualified through big open brackets to reach Gfinity live events with it. You can't get past rank 17.

I wonder what the problem is? :P

Been playing this deck and it's fun to play with. Had some proper nail biters with an ice barrier popping on 1 hp! Managed to slog it out and win in the end.

In response to the other guy, just hit rank 15 with only one loss so far so definately able to get up the ranks with this

Can archmage be replaced with anything until you have the dust to craft it

Loving this deck 8-0 in rank 15 now made some slight changes to the deck but not many

What about changing 1 or 2 ice barrier to ice block? smile.png

Ice Block isn't helpful, just getting one more turn doesn't do anything in this deck. Ice Block is for decks that need that guaranteed extra turn to activate some sort of winning combo, like Freeze Mage.