FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
dacheng

Spell Hit problem

Hi, I was recently fighting Feng the Accursed in Mogu'shan Vaults normal, and I noticed some strange problems with missed spells.

As you can see from my character sheet, I'm currently at 13.4% spell hit. As the cap is 15%, I'd expect to miss 1.6% of the time. In fact, I was seeing my arcane blasts missing 6% of the time, my arcane missiles missing 7% of the time, and my nether tempests missing half of the time!

What mechanism could account for this? Sadly, I don't have a combat log to help, but I was fully buffed, ate +250 int food and drank flask of the warm sun, and the encounters lasted over 2 hours, so it's unlikely it was just a bad run of luck with the RNG.

Hi dacheng

While Feng the accursed is channeling spell_nature_earthquake.jpgEpicenter your chance to hit is reduced by 75%. You can see more information on it here.

There is not much you can do about this, you would need 60% hit to never miss on this fight, which is silly.

I hope this helps

MadMonk

• Like 3

Hi, I was recently fighting Feng the Accursed in Mogu'shan Vaults normal, and I noticed some strange problems with missed spells.

As you can see from my character sheet, I'm currently at 13.4% spell hit. As the cap is 15%, I'd expect to miss 1.6% of the time. In fact, I was seeing my arcane blasts missing 6% of the time, my arcane missiles missing 7% of the time, and my nether tempests missing half of the time!

What mechanism could account for this? Sadly, I don't have a combat log to help, but I was fully buffed, ate +250 int food and drank flask of the warm sun, and the encounters lasted over 2 hours, so it's unlikely it was just a bad run of luck with the RNG.

As was pointed out, it's due to the Epicenter mechanic. If your raid is putting up a Nullification Barrier anywhere, go stand in it. If not, hope the tanks are able to stun Feng. If not... you just need to deal with the hit chance reduction - just try to minimise the impact on your DPS by not using any cooldowns at the time or so.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this