4 replies to this topic Started by dacheng, Nov 20 2012 06:33 PM hit
- - - - -
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:33 PM

dacheng
  • dacheng
  • Vagrant
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
Hi, I was recently fighting Feng the Accursed in Mogu'shan Vaults normal, and I noticed some strange problems with missed spells.

As you can see from my character sheet, I'm currently at 13.4% spell hit. As the cap is 15%, I'd expect to miss 1.6% of the time. In fact, I was seeing my arcane blasts missing 6% of the time, my arcane missiles missing 7% of the time, and my nether tempests missing half of the time!

What mechanism could account for this? Sadly, I don't have a combat log to help, but I was fully buffed, ate +250 int food and drank flask of the warm sun, and the encounters lasted over 2 hours, so it's unlikely it was just a bad run of luck with the RNG.

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:03 PM

MadMonk
  • MadMonk
  • The Mad Monk
  • LocationBelgium
Hi dacheng

While Feng the accursed is channeling Epicenter your chance to hit is reduced by 75%. You can see more information on it here.

There is not much you can do about this, you would need 60% hit to never miss on this fight, which is silly.

I hope this helps

MadMonk
Healer for Life!

Monk healer MadMonk - Warcry - EU Auchindoun

My opinion does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the owners or writers of the icy-veins website/guides.

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:04 PM

Zagam
  • Zagam
  • Sha of Fel Magic
  • LocationMorgantown, WV
Or the game is trying to tell you to not play Arcane =)

Raid Leader of <Semi Respectable> - US-Mal'Ganis, 14/14H

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/icyveinszagam

Gear, Parses, and Achievements - WoW-Heroes Profile & Rankings

Log Analysis Sign-ups here!  Bring your whole guild's logs - I'll fix all of you!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:12 AM

dacheng
  • dacheng
  • Vagrant
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
Thanks!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:28 AM

Vlad
  • Vlad
  • Administrator
  • LocationRennes, France

Hi, I was recently fighting Feng the Accursed in Mogu'shan Vaults normal, and I noticed some strange problems with missed spells.

As you can see from my character sheet, I'm currently at 13.4% spell hit. As the cap is 15%, I'd expect to miss 1.6% of the time. In fact, I was seeing my arcane blasts missing 6% of the time, my arcane missiles missing 7% of the time, and my nether tempests missing half of the time!

What mechanism could account for this? Sadly, I don't have a combat log to help, but I was fully buffed, ate +250 int food and drank flask of the warm sun, and the encounters lasted over 2 hours, so it's unlikely it was just a bad run of luck with the RNG.

As was pointed out, it's due to the Epicenter mechanic. If your raid is putting up a Nullification Barrier anywhere, go stand in it. If not, hope the tanks are able to stun Feng. If not... you just need to deal with the hit chance reduction - just try to minimise the impact on your DPS by not using any cooldowns at the time or so.

Active Users

0 user(s) are browsing this forum 0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users