FORUMS
Trikshotz

Trinket and stat confusion (survival)

So I recently took out Lone Wolf and went with Focusing Shot.

Instantly I saw a dps boost, but it seems that I am a little gimped at times with mobility (tectus when I get the debuff for example).

The big thing I am confused about is stat weights at my gear level.

I am using the crafted helm, chest and shoulders along with Heroic Scales of Doom and Heroic Warforged Captive Micro, but also have the Coin in my bags.

I have rerolled my 3 items to various combinations and I know that multistrike needs to be one of them at all times, but should I go for crit or something else on the other stat?

Also, on the dummies it seems that using the coin over micro is a dps loss of about ~1k over the course of a 5 minute sim and I am just not sure where to go from here.  While buffed, which secondary stats should I go for and which trinket should I use?

Here is my armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Trikshotz/advanced

and here are some logs:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/6LK71kJmMaDcTjNn/#type=damage-done&fight=2

Any help is appreciated.

Also, is there a difference in pet's damage wise outside of the buff?  We have all raid buffs available so I have been using a wind serpent, is there another, more beneficial pet?

Thanks in advance!

Agility                   1.00
AttackPower               0.91
MainHandDps               0.69
Multistrike               0.59
Versatility               0.35
CriticalStrike            0.34
Mastery                   0.27
Haste                     0.20

Those are your current stat weights calculated through the most recent simcraft version.

You see that crit and versatility are very close together so the difference in dps is rather slim. The only thing to look at is that Multi/Crit or Multi/Vers on items are always vavorable as your BiS choices.

I recommend using the simulationcraft tool to further investigate which item choices are the best for you especially considering trinkets.

Also over at Nnx's Hunter Guide you can see a BiS list for the HM trinkets, with Coin being slightly ahead of the Micro Aberration, but since yours is warforged the difference should be only marginal.

I'd say coin is still better since you can stack it with other procs when you need it to have somewhat of a burst which leads to a potentially higher overall dps.

Regarding your target dummy test its only natural that you get different results every time you try it since you will have different proc rng every time. For a more accurate simulation again, use simulationcraft.

Last but not least, your pet choice is entirely for the buff, there is no difference in the damage dealt by your pets, just be sure to spec every pet on ferocity.

Those are your current stat weights calculated through the most recent simcraft version.

You see that crit and versatility are very close together so the difference in dps is rather slim. The only thing to look at is that Multi/Crit or Multi/Vers on items are always vavorable as your BiS choices.

I recommend using the simulationcraft tool to further investigate which item choices are the best for you especially considering trinkets.

Also over at Nnx's Hunter Guide you can see a BiS list for the HM trinkets, with Coin being slightly ahead of the Micro Aberration, but since yours is warforged the difference should be only marginal.

I'd say coin is still better since you can stack it with other procs when you need it to have somewhat of a burst which leads to a potentially higher overall dps.

Regarding your target dummy test its only natural that you get different results every time you try it since you will have different proc rng every time. For a more accurate simulation again, use simulationcraft.

Last but not least, your pet choice is entirely for the buff, there is no difference in the damage dealt by your pets, just be sure to spec every pet on ferocity.

Amazing, kind of what I was thinking.

I seem to do better with passive stats rather than crits/on use stuff, I dont burst as high as some others but it's more sustainable dps it seems.

Thank you so much.

So I recently took out Lone Wolf and went with Focusing Shot.

Instantly I saw a dps boost, but it seems that I am a little gimped at times with mobility (tectus when I get the debuff for example).

The big thing I am confused about is stat weights at my gear level.

I am using the crafted helm, chest and shoulders along with Heroic Scales of Doom and Heroic Warforged Captive Micro, but also have the Coin in my bags.

I have rerolled my 3 items to various combinations and I know that multistrike needs to be one of them at all times, but should I go for crit or something else on the other stat?

Also, on the dummies it seems that using the coin over micro is a dps loss of about ~1k over the course of a 5 minute sim and I am just not sure where to go from here.  While buffed, which secondary stats should I go for and which trinket should I use?

Here is my armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Trikshotz/advanced

and here are some logs:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/6LK71kJmMaDcTjNn/#type=damage-done&fight=2

Any help is appreciated.

Also, is there a difference in pet's damage wise outside of the buff?  We have all raid buffs available so I have been using a wind serpent, is there another, more beneficial pet?

Thanks in advance!

LDSC + Scales > Scales + CMA (any version, even mythic), this is from Azor's guide.

For the log, I posted a self-analysis thread for SV which is pinned at the top.

As far as the pet goes:

• Like 1

Your stat weights are wrong in the sense that they merely consider what you simmed - a standard duration (way off an actual duration), single-target (doesn't really exist) scale factor run.

@OP, go with the weights from the guide in my signature (under 'Stat Priority'). They consider various usecases, and even if they are not done with your gear, trust me, it will never make the difference.

Since the topic is about Trinkets and don't want to make another topic I'd like to ask a question.

I'm a survival hunter and was using 670 Scales of Doom and 665 Lucky Double-Sided Coin. Had some luck and a 665 Beating Heart of the Mountain dropped for me.

Is it best to use Beating Heart of the Mountain with the Scales of Doom? Since both are 665 and one gives multistrike and one agility, would the Coin not be better? (Despite Heart of the mountain having 220 passive agility)

Those stat weights are incorrect.

nQ4uJap.png