FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Brawler's Guild

Guest SucellusAP

Would it be possible to open up the comment threads for each of the mobs even without having the actual guides in place? That way it should be easy to make the guide for various different classes etc from the comments that already exist.

Would it be possible to open up the comment threads for each of the mobs even without having the actual guides in place? That way it should be easy to make the guide for various different classes etc from the comments that already exist.

Thank you for this suggestion, as it is actually very good :)

I'll start populating the threads now.

Guest Psilocin

For Dippy and some of the other fights for Rogues... Shuriken Toss, Crippling, and Deadly Throw... Dippy just sits there and gets knocked back constantly from Shuriken Toss... use Deadly Throw as a finisher, not the best DPS, but it's get the job done. I went combat and used adrenaline/shadow blades combo and he went down quick.

Guest Morbidia

I reached rank 7, i'm usually mistweaver, but went windwalker for this.

First boss is simple for a monk, when Bruce casts "Chomp Chomp Chomp" simply roll through the boss/walk through the boss, if you position yourself fairly close to Bruce this will give you sufficient time to move through him, and continue the normal rotation. No special talents were needed, this is a simple fight if you can move out of Chomp.

Second Boss as monk is not so simple. I feel this isn't simple for any melee, You need to keep him moving to avoid the fireballs, as-well as moving to avoid them yourself. An extra roll from Celerity or the bonus movement speed from Momentum is handy. This fight is pure burst and nuke, having Xeun and popping cool-downs initially make this fight allot simpler, and purely moving from fire-line is all that's needed. I didn't interrupt anything and just focused on moving from fire, and nuking.

Third boss Goredome is again pretty much move out of the bad stuff. Keep Celerity or Momentum from killing the last boss, this will enable you to move efficiently and effectively from his Lumbering charge (A big red circle on the floor).

Fourth boss is a nasty fight for a melee, and as a monk, movement is crucial, keep the normal rotation up, except when he casts Heated Pokers, this can be stunned, interrupted or quite simple moved away from as a monk the crucial piece of information i'll give you is pressing S to move backwards, press roll at the same time, this will enable you to roll backwards, VERY helpful for several of the bosses here. If you move away from heated pokers, then this fight again is fairly simple, move and kill.

RANK 2

First boss here is Dippy, a lovely little penguin, and i'll be the first to admit as a monk, my abilities and haste kept knocking the mob backwards and successfully avoiding being pecked, however this meant he was positioned against a wall, and thus couldn't be knocked back and so was able to peck me. (aka 1 shot).

FOR MELEE CLASSES, THIS PART IS VERY IMPORTANT

Once he's against a wall, run away as fast as you can, he will chase you, and once you have him far enough away from the wall continue your attacks. You MUST NOT stop hitting him at any point, as his peck is deadly!

*BACKWARDS ROLL USEFUL*

Second boss is Kirrawk,

Uses:

Lightning bolt : deals ~14-15k damage.

Buffs himself with 5 stacks of Posted Image Storm Cloud witch deals ~13-14k additional damage to his attacks. This buff is classified as magic so it probably can be purged/spellstollen etc.

Summons : Twister, a cyclone which follows you for about 4-5 seconds and then despawns.

If you get hit by it, you will be knocked up in the air and slowly fall down, taking no falling damage.

This is the most dangerous attack, not only because you are not able to do anything except instant casts for about 4-5 seconds, but he also casting Posted ImageLightning Flurry during this, dealing ~58k dmg every 0.5 to 1 sec and more or less killing you, if you don't use def. cds or some healing.

It seems that he can also be hit by twister. So the best tactic would be standing in melee and waiting for twister to spawn and then to position yourself so, that it will go through Kirrawk and knock him up. ( Muhnophonic gets credit for this)

As a monk this is a tank and spank fight, however once you see the tornado spawn, position yourself between Kirrawk and the tornado and thus getting the boss knocked up into the air, and keep moving until the tornado disappears. This will give you plenty of time to heal, or re position the boss, even throw up a few ranged attacks if you can. It is helpful for a monk to interrupt lightening bolt however, not necessary.

Third boss is Fran and Riddoh. After watching a few people take this fight on you notice Riddoh (the big ugly dude) is carrying Fran on his back. Now Riddoh will cast a net to keep you in place, whilst Fran creates a dynamite bomb ring around you leaving a small entrance to escape from *Think mimiron in ulduar*.

There are two ways of sucessfully killing these two, and it will depend on how you feel necessary. Take on Riddoh to prevent being rooted, then watch for dynamite and kill fran. Or Take on fran, removing the dynamite ring and only deal with being rooted.

As a monk i found that Tiger's lust was useful here (aswell as a pvp trinket) to get myself out of the nets, and Just move to avoid the bombs. I killed Fran which meant i only had to deal with the nets from Riddoh, which weren't all that dangerous, and mean i had no accidents of being rooted ontop of the bombs. The only thing with killing Fran first is it makes Riddoh enrage, makes him hit harder, but since you're not watching for bombs now, you can counter the damage with the usual rotation and stuns.

The fourth boss of rank 2 is King Kulaka, he's a big ass T-rex and thus can't really do anything fancy, except hurt you, and alot! Stun him, paralysis, racial (if your a pandaren) etc and kill him fast. Nothing major to report except the damage is hard and you need to survive.

I have a question, Who do you have recording these videos? is it just you and Damien on various alts? or what?

Another off-comment, I was able to reach Rank 7 with my druid in Healing gear reforged for Boomkin with no gem or enchant changes (478 ilvl). I am currently stuck on GG, though I have gotten them down to 15%~ and is probably due to bad play on my part..

I was also able to get to Rank 7 yet again as a Windwalker Monk (fully gemmed and enchanted for it) with a 469 ilvl.

So all the bosses aren't strictly a huge DPS check, they just require focus and good play. Rank 7 is where you will start to be tested to your max and Rank 8 is an insane gear check.

Edited by krazyito65

Another off-comment, I was able to reach Rank 7 with my druid in Healing gear reforged for Boomkin with no gem or enchant changes (478 ilvl). I am currently stuck on GG, though I have gotten them down to 15%~ and is probably due to bad play on my part..

I was also able to get to Rank 7 yet again as a Windwalker Monk (fully gemmed and enchanted for it) with a 469 ilvl.

So all the bosses aren't strictly a huge DPS check, they just require focus and good play. Rank 7 is where you will start to be tested to your max and Rank 8 is an insane gear check.

All the videos are recorded by Damien, on his various characters, since my computer isn't up for recording stuff (yet!). All of them are narrated by me! Yes me! Damien, I'm sure, will want to tell you more.

I'm also at Rank 7, on my Frost DK (491 item level), "stuck" on GG Engineering, but only attempted them twice. It certainly feels like a step up. Up to now, I only died a handful of times, and each time it was just a matter of figuring out the one deadly thing and how to avoid it. I can't comment much on the DPS check since I generally blow stuff up with Army of the Dead :P

Morbidia, thank you for this detailed comment!

I have a question, Who do you have recording these videos? is it just you and Damien on various alts? or what?

It was me on my Mage, Rogue, and Warlock premades on the PTR. I have footage until Rank 5, but right now I decided to re-record footage for Fran and Riddoh on live servers because I'm not happy with any of the videos I made on the PTR (I need to show I really own the fight :P).

I'm also at Rank 7, on my Frost DK (491 item level), "stuck" on GG Engineering, but only attempted them twice. It certainly feels like a step up. Up to now, I only died a handful of times, and each time it was just a matter of figuring out the one deadly thing and how to avoid it. I can't comment much on the DPS check since I generally blow stuff up with Army of the Dead Posted Image

Haha. I was able to get GG with my monk in all those blues as well =P But dark summoner seems to be more about mechanics... damn those ghosts.

Mazhareen topic missing,

I noticed a buff on the boss that as he takes more damage he "gets more dangerous" it seems that as the health goes down the DPS goes up. So far as an arms warrior I have gotten him down but it was a mutual kill so I did not get credit. Best option will to be to use a storm bolt near the end to stun and mitigate some damage. May also use the Die by the Sword ability and keep the damage down at the end.

Another note

I have seen that all the guides imply that you can use two potions during the fight and some reccomend "pre poting" I have very seldom seen a fight go beyond 1 minute and it almost seems that you are more likely to die through pre poting especially as a mele class due to the damage taken and inability to heal. Pre poting would be fine if you had a healer behind you most of the time you are trying to get some health back about 40 seconds into the fight and with a prepot it's not available. Having a warlock and a "buff group" is a much larger benefit. A radi group can be created and allow players to share buffs, food and healthstones and use them during a fight. So if you see a bunch of people in the brawlers area get a group going, raid or otherwise and help each other out.

Edited by NightShade

Mazhareen topic missing,

I noticed a buff on the boss that as he takes more damage he "gets more dangerous" it seems that as the health goes down the DPS goes up. So far as an arms warrior I have gotten him down but it was a mutual kill so I did not get credit. Best option will to be to use a storm bolt near the end to stun and mitigate some damage. May also use the Die by the Sword ability and keep the damage down at the end.

Another note

I have seen that all the guides imply that you can use two potions during the fight and some reccomend "pre poting" I have very seldom seen a fight go beyond 1 minute and it almost seems that you are more likely to die through pre poting especially as a mele class due to the damage taken and inability to heal. Pre poting would be fine if you had a healer behind you most of the time you are trying to get some health back about 40 seconds into the fight and with a prepot it's not available. Having a warlock and a "buff group" is a much larger benefit. A radi group can be created and allow players to share buffs, food and healthstones and use them during a fight. So if you see a bunch of people in the brawlers area get a group going, raid or otherwise and help each other out.

Thank you for the comment! Pre-potting was pretty useful on the PTR, with the default gear they give to premade accounts. I have to agree that it is less useful on live servers.

For Mazhareen, there is a thread: https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/1100-brawlers-guild-mazhareen/ ;)

Thank you for sharing these tips for Warriors. The fight is a bit annoying as a melee player because Mazhareen's damage keeps increasing as her health goes down. On my Rogue, I had to save all my cooldowns (Evasion, Combat Readiness, and glyphed Cloak of Shadows) to survive the damage towards the end.

Haha. I was able to get GG with my monk in all those blues as well =P But dark summoner seems to be more about mechanics... damn those ghosts.

I was going to take some nice screenshots of GG Engineering and do a quick write-up here before we get the video guide out, to show people how to beat the boss. I queued for the fight, got ported into the arena while someone else was already fighting another boss; I attacked one of the Engineering guys for about 2 seconds, then I got ported out and and it said I was victorious. So, that was easy...

I tried Dark Summoner like twice and got pretty much raped both times, though I confess

Mazhareen topic missing,

Another note

For defeating Mazhareen as an Arms Warrior, there are a few tweaks you can make in your talents to get through.

I'd advise taking ability_warrior_warbringer.jpgWarbringer, ability_warrior_focusedrage.jpgEnraged Regeneration, ability_warrior_shockwave.jpgShockwave, and warrior_talent_icon_stormbolt.jpgStorm Bolt. You can also go with warrior_talent_icon_avatar.jpgAvatar instead of Storm Bolt.

I wouldn't use cooldowns at the start, nor would I pre-pot. Just DPS Mazhareen down to about 40% health or so (he has 2M health to begin with, so you'd be left with less than 1M to burst down). Pop cooldowns, use Enraged Regeneration (assuming it won't overheal, which it shouldn't by then), and basically as soon as he melees you again, Shockwave him. This is going to be a 4-second stun, during which you can whack him some more. Now, you can follow it up with a leap away + charge back in for an additional stun (3 seconds thanks to Warbringer but you'll be hitting diminishing returns so it will be less). Die by the Sword, use a healing potion and if he's not dead by now, I guess you just need to try harder Posted Image

Also you can put down Demoralizing Banner, and don't forget Rallying Cry!

It was me on my Mage, Rogue, and Warlock premades on the PTR. I have footage until Rank 5, but right now I decided to re-record footage for Fran and Riddoh on live servers because I'm not happy with any of the videos I made on the PTR (I need to show I really own the fight Posted Image).

Since I saw you guys missing some videos I couldn't resist fraps'ing some from my druid's PoV. :) I'm missing 4 of the fights, but I'm planning on doing them all on my under-geared(no more ignoring mechanics) Horde druid to fill in the blanks, haha!

• Like 1

Was really late for me and did not notice the other topic but wanted to get the info posted while it was fresh in my mind. Haven't done anything yet but will soon, should be able to get him down this time though.

On milhouse manastorm only you benefit from the stacks on it so your pet isn't that helpful. You can however command your pet to intercept a crystal going to milhouse rather than killing it. You just need to make a macro. /petmoveto and keybind it and you can position your pet to get stacks during the encounter. I'd still suggest to go SV since you will have more stacks than your pet. Not sure which would be better though.

Edited by Tehstool

Guest Doofy

I think the guild should also make mention of the 2 minute Time limit to kill the mob.

While on a Prot Pally - I kept encountering a Rain of Fire effect that did about 70k a tick until I died.

Also if you get your invite from the BMAH - Remember you will NOT be able to share/send that to another if you already have one. :( (Tried to buy it for a friend as I already had one, fail.)

Finally reached rank 8 today (Your guides helped a lot, thank you) and I noticed a few mistakes on the main guide.

You say "Rank 8 opponents seem to be special and we are unsure whether you can specifically queue for them. These opponents are called Rare Challengers, which may seem to suggest that, once you reach rank 8, you can queue for the opponent of your choice and Rank 8 opponents will sometimes appear.". Actually, when you reach rank 8 and you queue, you simply get 1 of the 4 rank 8 bosses at random. There doesnt seem to be any fixed pattern, I only got Epicus/Disruptron today, but I saw a hunter get MIllhouse 4 times in a row.

Also, the BoA heirloom fists actually require rank 8, not 7.

Also, a few thing you might want to add is (as Doffy said) the 2 minutes hard enrage, the fact that it requires at least 20 ppl queuing for a fight to get Willard*Zippi to spawn their portals, and also the fact that you get the "Brawler" title once you defeat any one of the rank 8 challengers!

Still, awesome guide, as always. Keep 'em coming!

-Rage

So is Brawler's Guild for dps classes only or is it possible for tanks and healers to compete? I have dps classes but was just wondering?

So is Brawler's Guild for dps classes only or is it possible for tanks and healers to compete? I have dps classes but was just wondering?

Pretty much just DPS. Tanks can do a few of the encounters, but most of the time if they cant do enough damage they will hit enrage.

I cannot see any topics for the rank 8/9 bosses so I thought I'd add my comments for Ahoo'ru as a Ret Paladin here (as this was the only one other than Hexos that gave me problems - but Hexos is somewhat class irrelevant)

Non class specific advice:

Turn of chat bubbles and, if you have addons that allow it, reduce the size/opacity of enemy name plates. This will give you much better visibility of the sparks in phase 1.

Ret Pally advice:

Depending on your gear the fight is tight on DPS. I did it after 20 or so attempts with 520 iLevel and died just after the boss did during the enrage. I'd also had a couple of attempts reaching 2 and 3%. The two difficult parts were getting the Guardians down in reasonable time and handling the Divine Circles in phase 2 - the other mechanic being the heal is somewhat trivial with Rebuke.

Guardians:

For the Guardians there is not much advice to give. Depending on your gear and how comfortable you end up on DPS up it's largely dependent on your luck and where they spawn. Get your holy power up to 5 when the boss spawns, wait for him to activate the first spark then pop Inquisition while running to it. You can use Execution Sentence on the first one with time for it to come off CD when you nuke the boss. If you can activate the next Guardian while you are running to position for the Charge then all the better but on my kill I didn't have that opportunity.

With my DPS my timing for the Guardians was very bad with the sparks converging on the boss at the same time as I'd go to position myself for the charge only to find there was no room.

Divine Circles

You should only be getting 2 sets of Divine Circles during the fight and from my experience it was impossible to hit less than 2 orbs each time (although I saw videos of people only hitting one of them).

For the first one I would simply use my bubble macro:

#showtooltip/cancelaura Divine Shield/cast Divine Shield

Using it once casts the shield, allowing you to run through the orbs, and using it the second time removes the shield (after hitting the orbs) to take your DPS back up to 100% again.

For the second Divine Circle I used a Devotion Aura, Divine Protection, Hand of Purity macro just as I hit the orbs:

#showtooltip/cast Hand of Purity/cast Devotion Aura/cast Divine Protection

I also needed a couple of WOGs after to take me to about 50% health - that was just enough to survive the boss's remaining damage but if you manage to only hit one orb you should be ok without.

Edited by elgustav

Guest Wyr3d

I don't see a strategy guide for Nibbleh - it just says "coming soon." But this boss is relatively easy. Simply kite it around in the area in ever decreasing squares until you've hammered it to death.

This keeps it out of (most) of the venom so it won't buff up too much.