Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paracel

[Shadow] CoP Weaving execute phase

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

I'm a Warlock player and some kind of a part of Icy-Veins community.
Recently, I've decided to give my Shadow Priest some love and play it on my days off.

Holly. Freaking. Molly.
It. Is. AWESOME!

CoP weaving is so fast paced, rotation is so goddamn clean, no RNG shenanigans or dancing with those procs. Awesome!
And DPS was rewarding aswell. I literally could not believe myself when I pulled 18k on butcher being 635 ilvl!

I feel like I'm having a grasp on this spec and it's paying me back with good DPS(maybe I'll even switch one day)biggrin.png 

One issue, however, hits me.
I have absolutely zero clue how should I handle execute phase using CoP DoTweaving.
It's getting too fast and too chaotic for me.

I spam MB and SWD, use DP when I can and keep dots up, but I have literally no time for Insanity ticks in there!
Wouldn't somebody mind to explain me the exact execute rotation/gameplan so I don't panic when SWD button starts to shine?unsure.png

Edit: P.S. @Admin guys around, it would probably be a good idea to make a central "Help my shadow DPS" thread or "Help my Healing" Thread, you know, to avoid cluttering. There is a bunch of threads at page one which are essentially this material. Just my 2 cents stolen from warlock forum.

Edited by Paracel

>There is a bunch of threads at page one which are essentially this material.

Sounds more like a reason to read them, instead of creating another post, no?

Anyway, execution phase should be handled something like this:

1) (5 orbs) DP

2) Death

3) MB

4) Insanity

5) DP

6) (should almost never happen) some sort of filler.  halo, self-shield with reflection.  If all else fails, 1 GCD of mind flay.

The idea is to generate as many shadow orbs as possible, and thus keep the uptime of DP as high as possible. 

1 person likes this

>There is a bunch of threads at page one which are essentially this material.

Sounds more like a reason to read them, instead of creating another post, no?

Opening up one thread and reading through it instead of lurking around in 10 different pages sounds more convenient for me. 

You're the boss, though.

1) (5 orbs) DP

2) Death

3) MB

4) Insanity

5) DP

6) (should almost never happen) some sort of filler.  halo, self-shield with reflection.  If all else fails, 1 GCD of mind flay.

The idea is to generate as many shadow orbs as possible, and thus keep the uptime of DP as high as possible. 

Got it. Probably.

Should I apply VT/SWP or just eschew them and don't bother?

Sub 20% execute phase when you're working with SW:D you don't ever want to apply your dots (VT & SW:P) because then your SW:D won't benefit from CoP's 40% damage buff.  All you want to do is be spamming SW:D on cd, MB on cd, keeping as close to 100% uptime on DP as possible, and filling with insanity

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Narii625
      VISIT OUR WEBSITE!
      ABOUT US
      We are a very social guild LFM for progression/semi-casual raiding and leveling. 
      When we say "semi-casual," we mean that we raid two days for three hours, can laugh about a wipe but are still serious about progression. We plan to do Normal raids (not for long) before going on to Heroic and Mythic.
      New players and all levels welcomed. We are VERY new player and new role friendly and have a few new players in the raid group already. We will work with you and get you trained up. So don't worry! 
      We do have some PvPers and an experienced RBG leader so PvP isn't out of the question.
      We're almost always on Discord and we joke around a lot. Some jokes aren't appropriate so keep that in mind. (Recommended 18+)
      LOOT STYLE
      Currently we are using the EPGP system (http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/EPGP).
      The addon EPGP (DKP Reloaded), EPGP Lootmaster, DBM, and GTFO are required to be downloaded and kept up-to-date on raid nights.
      RAIDING SCHEDULE
      Fridays & Sundays 8pm - 11pm PST. (10pm - 1am Server Time.) NOTE: Flasks, foods, potions, and enchants will be provided for raiders on a first-come first-serve basis. People who contribute to the guild bank will also have preference. Guild repairs provided on raid nights. Trials will be provided with the aforementioned items if we can spare them after the main raiders. CURRENT PROGRESSION
      Emerald Nightmare, [7/7N] [6/7H] Trial of Valor, [2/3N] OTHER EVENTS
      Saturday is for Mythics/other events. Though we do stuff throughout the week. Most of us have work or school so it depends. The Karazhan mega-dungeon is done on a weekly basis on Saturdays! We will help with attunement! WHAT WE HAVE ROOM FOR**
      Shadow Priest Balance Druid Mage Elemental Shaman **In order of what we need the most!!

If you are interested please fill out the application on our website!
      In-Game Name: Sylarii, Battle.net ID: Narii#1891
      www.bootypirates.guildlaunch.com

• By Voizu
      Hello fellas and Shadow Priest friends!

I got a semi-big problem and I hope that some of you guys could help me. I think my DPS is too low for my GS and I am clueless what I could do different to have more damage done! I mean I don't think myself a total noob and I am better than the most Shadows I see when I go dungeons or raid but I know I could do more ...

Here is my gear (which btw is trangsmogged pretty stilishly :p)
      http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/die-aldor/voizu/simple

Here are the logs of yesterday - Monday, 11.14.2016
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/NvBxJrLdGzqaXTby/#fight=13

Don't look at Ursoc or the Nightmare Dragons ... I died too early and I was derp :s
      I think a good damage boss for Shadow Priests is Elerethe, as you can use your S2M as soon as you land on the second platform yet I only have 315k. An other example is Odyn with 280k. I mean okay, we tried him the first time and wiped once but he is not really complicated and I got a good hang on him and still I wonder how some Shadow Priests have over 400k DPS fighting Odyn. I know I only have one Legendary and it's not very good but luck's not on my side I guess. 

Any hints what I do better to be THE DPS monster :D, or atleast have more DPS?

Have a nice everyone and I want to thank you in advance for all your helpful tips!
      Voizu
    • By Sibelius
      Critical Strike: 27%
      Haste: 33%
      Mastery: 29%
      I'm using "Legacy of the Void."
      Any stats I should bring up or lower in relation to each other?
    • By Sibelius
      Say I walk into the Eye of Azshara and 6 NPCs are pulled, as a Shadow Priest, what exactly do I do? Do I tab through them all and DoT them all up, then Mind Sear them? Do I just dot 2 or 3 of them, followed by a Mind Sear. Do I even dot any of them and just Mind Sear?
      I hope someone can give me a clear and concise explanation of how such AOE would be executed.
      Would be helpful!
    • By Collybuds
      <Garden> is 1/7M, and is looking for a skilled resto shaman, resto druid, and shadow priest for mythic progression. We are always accepting applications from skilled players of any class. We are a relatively laid back raiding guild, raiding twice a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays 830est-1130est. We request our raiders to be online 15 minutes before raid, and some nights we will raid past raid time to secure a kill. Visit "gardenguild.pizza" for more information.
      If you have any questions feel free to message me in-game at; Collybuds#1702 or just submit an application on the guild website which will be reviewed.