FORUMS

It doesn't matter really, because CBT do not collect the healing from our totems but from healing spells only. So dropping any other totems together or not together with CBT does not affect its amount of healing in any way.

I can suggest that it's not bad to drop CBT and HST together because it's 1) easier to manage, 2) HST heals while CBT charges, 3) CBT releases its healing when HST goes on CD. 

But frankly, I don't see any significant difference in dropping CBT and HST simultaneously or apart from each other.

• Like 1

Personally I feel that if you take the CBT talent, you benefit most from having the Totemic Persistence talent too. While not necessary as the HST and CBT cooldowns can sync up nicely and the fact that totem healing doesn't effect CBT you get two benefits which are really nice.

1) You don't have to worry about another timing. Shamans have a lot to keep up already, on top of moving in fights and whatever else. Taking the stress out of having to manage the timings of your totems here is really nice and makes life a little easier.

2) You actually get a better healing duality. While your CBT is 'powering up' your HST is doing its job, then when it drops your CBT releases. Thus you have a better 'uptime' on them, rather than your CBT releasing as your HST comes on line and causing more potential for waste healing. Also you don't need to be as 'exact' and if you need to throw out some direct heals you have time to do it between casting both totems without screwing up your totem rotations and CD's

Finally the other two options at this rank of talent aren't really helpful with the CBT setup. Call of the Elements, seemed very redundant when I tried it. I had two totems which I could cast back to back for heals and could only use one at a time anyway, I've never thought 'oh crap, I really wish I had xx totem off cooldown'. I don't even think the totems have long cooldowns and never really saw this as a problem.

Totemic Projection from my point of view has one real use and thats for placing CC totems in a more viable location. Like the capacitor or earth grab totems, and lets face it you won't be using these in most boss fights and if you do, casting it at your feet is usually good enough. As of yet I haven't noticed any fight where this would be needed to relocate your healing totems.

Edited by Benn

I do use the dual totem with this setup, but the projection talent is also something I use often for fights like ogron, for when the raid stacks for enfeebling, used to even out damage, and butcher to throw my Spirit link totem on the tanks or in the center if everyone is stacked close enough. 

I use HST+HTT combination with Ascendance for extreme healing need moments.(Second to last trash pull before imperator)

HST>Healing Rain>HTT>Ascendance>riptide on two-four targets and finally chain heal spam and you have a burst HPS of 160k or so, Beserking(if you are a troll) and Bloodlust on top if you think you need any more. 

Normally it is just CBT+HST though, which imroves HPS by ~ 2-4k depending on their life percentage and your mastery amount.

Edited by Zaeo

It doesn't matter really, because CBT do not collect the healing from our totems but from healing spells only. So dropping any other totems together or not together with CBT does not affect its amount of healing in any way.

I can suggest that it's not bad to drop CBT and HST together because it's 1) easier to manage, 2) HST heals while CBT charges, 3) CBT releases its healing when HST goes on CD. 

But frankly, I don't see any significant difference in dropping CBT and HST simultaneously or apart from each other.

I can't necessarily say I have any way to confirm this other than I wasn't casting heals and I'm almost positive I didn't have a HR down but I'm pretty sure my HST was racking up a charge on CBT. However, with your post in mind, OTHER THAN HST + HTT, is there a use for Totemic Persistence?

I can't necessarily say I have any way to confirm this other than I wasn't casting heals and I'm almost positive I didn't have a HR down but I'm pretty sure my HST was racking up a charge on CBT. However, with your post in mind, OTHER THAN HST + HTT, is there a use for Totemic Persistence?

From the Cloudburst Totem tooltip: "collects power from all healing spells and their multistrikes" - no totems.

There is an easy way to confirm that CBT does not collect heals from totems. Go to your training dummies in Garrison, open combat log and cast CBT together with HST. I even did it right now thinking that maybe there were some resto changes that I'm not aware to.

I think that in the situation that you described, your CBT collected Riptide healing that was running on somebody even if you didn't cast other direct heals.

I personally use Totemic persistance for dropping CBT and HST together - have enough other stuff to pay attention except of one more totem timings.

Personally I still use persistence any time I'm using cloudburst; you can theoretically alternate it with HST without losing uptime, but that makes it difficult to use cloudburst effectively.

Edited by Cheze

OTHER THAN HST + HTT, is there a use for Totemic Persistence?

I liked to use Windwalk and SLT at the same time on Ko'ragh when the Unleash Magic: Frost came up. Mitigated some damage, kept people alive while running around, and made it all happen faster. There are small things like this which crop up all the time, it's just hard to notice them in the middle of a fight sometimes.