FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Redfella

Redfella's Unholy Necroticblight WeakAuras

Either the imported string didn't completelty get imported (unlikely, as you did get the string imported, and even slight mispastes etc. will just make it not work at all) or you are missing the two requried talents to play the spec correctly.

"For importing you are required to be in Unholy Spec and you need to have both Unholy Blight and Necrotic Plague talents active."

Once you have those talents, go hit the target dummy and follow the helper's instructions to the letter.

I see so it only works while having are nasty flies flying around as in active? do you have anything while it is on CD?

I see so it only works while having are nasty flies flying around as in active? do you have anything while it is on CD?

No, you don't need to use the talent while importing, just have it active, as in don't have Plague Leech or Plaguebearer as your talent choices. The rotation itself starts with casting Outbreak, then Unholy Blight. Once both are on CD other abilities will be suggested.

Edited by Redfella

Hi Redfella. I decided to create an account solely to thank you for this useful and well designed compact weakauras script for necroblight DKs. It's well thought out, not obstructable and easy to the eye. I thank you for this.

But there's another reason I created this account. Since your weakauras is well designed, I had an idea of estabilishing a template based on your weakauras, but I don't really know where to start. For starters, if I would like to try to add the option of Plague Leech + Breath of Sindragosa. Later maybe do a similar weakauras for mages.

Edited by Iffinator

Hi Redfella. I decided to create an account solely to thank you for this useful and well designed compact weakauras script for necroblight DKs. It's well thought out, not obstructable and easy to the eye. I thank you for this.

But there's another reason I created this account. Since your weakauras is well designed, I had an idea of estabilishing a template based on your weakauras, but I don't really know where to start. For starters, if I would like to try to add the option of Plague Leech + Breath of Sindragosa. Later maybe do a similar weakauras for mages.

Glad you like it. Sadly, WeakAuras as an addon is horrendously unfitting for creating rotation helpers like this, I've been working on a new helper (for Blood) and it's basicly 99% custom Lua functions that control which of the ability icons is shown. It's still tedious work and not that easy for others to customize.

At some point I'll probably switch to customizing something like Hekili in order to create my helpers.

• Like 1

Redfella: Simply put, this WeakAura is a triumph. For me, as someone who likes following instructions, it makes playing Necroblight a breeze and has given me a lot of added insight into DK's resource use. I can't thank you enough. Well worth the ~20 minutes it took me to actually paste in the massive string. Graphically, it is on point as well. It looks great.

I'm curious—is something like this possible for single-target BoS? From what I understand, BoS is harder to use effectively than Necroblight, but I suspect that given a set of WA prompts such as your NB rotation, that difficulty could be mitigated, allowing us Unholy DKs the flexibility to swap between optimal ST and AoE spec as needed. 

Correct me if I am wrong, but with BoS I believe people aren't always using it on CD, but banking it to a certain point in the fight where it will work the best?

I'm hesitant to add BoS itself to the equation due this reason, but it wouldn't be too difficult to create a version of the helper that just suggests you other abilities and then you'll have to bank the RP and runes yourself for when you want to go ham with BoS.

That said, I'm not actively playing my DK currently as unholy (alt raiding with it as Blood), so my motivation isn't that high to start looking for the information. If someone laid down the basic priorities when playing with BoS, I reckon I could make the changes at some point when I find myself bored. :)

I was considering trying to add some BoS stuff to this for myself, but the issue is that using BoS changes based on what fight you're in, cuz you need to time it so that you can AMS through some magic dmg in order to increase it's duration. And that is at different times for each fight.

But as far as the rest of the rotation this wouldn't work that well, really you just want to festering strike for blood/frost, scourge strike for death/unholy, SR as often as possible. and the normal rules on applying your diseases and using aoe and what have you. 

I was considering trying to add some BoS stuff to this for myself, but the issue is that using BoS changes based on what fight you're in, cuz you need to time it so that you can AMS through some magic dmg in order to increase it's duration. And that is at different times for each fight.

But as far as the rest of the rotation this wouldn't work that well, really you just want to festering strike for blood/frost, scourge strike for death/unholy, SR as often as possible. and the normal rules on applying your diseases and using aoe and what have you. 

Yup, I'd think the regular rotation is something everyone can pull of without a helper, since you don't ever need to spend death runes for Festering Strikes in any situation. Maybe a helper would be convenient at best when you really don't want to spend any thought effort on regular rotation - but looking at any helper will reduce your awareness still.

Edited by Redfella

Hey mate, is it normal that my wow is getting a crash when I use 1.01rc?

I used a bit 0.99 before but there is a little problem, everything works amazing when I go for necroblight but when I have to go for my single target spec (sindy+ leech)

the cooldown manager doesnt work anymore then.

great job anyway but would be great to fix the crash at 1.01 and that I can use the manager always :-)

Hi mate, 

I am a beginner here and same in game. 

I need help find here up-to-date data for WeakAuras for unholy Necroticblight spec.

Thank you for your help.

Mardzin

The version that is posted here should work fine still for 6.2.3 from what I have heard. The rotation priority didnt change with 6.2 according to what someone posted in the DW frost thread.

Quite simply:

You use X amount of Festering Strikes to extend your Necrotic Plague duration to match your Unholy Blight cooldown, so that your NP falls off at the same moment as Unholy Blight is usable again.

This way you use the least amount of runes on FES while mainting 100% NP uptime.

The WeakAura calculates how many FES are needed to match, and shows that number.

Edited by Redfella

Hi Red,

I'm getting a LOT of LUA errors with your WA at the moment. Would u mind fixing it or something.

I'd be great if you have time. 

Thanks

Perhaps the new WA update broke something, I'm sadly too busy to fix my helpers for the time being. I'll still check the strings soon and if it's something that I can fix quickly, I'll update them.

No ETA.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this