FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Redfella

Redfella's Unholy Necroticblight WeakAuras

That's definately a mistake, thanks for bringing this to my attention, it worked when I tested them myself with Drums (obviously, since the self checkbox was ticked biggrin.png). Will fix in the next version! 

Will also add Netherwinds for the offchance it's needed, should be pretty rare.

You'd want to stop prioritizing SS when heroism has almost ended? Why?

Looks like you have been busy the past few days. If I want to fix this myself, do I just uncheck "own only" from all of the festering and scourge strikes options that contain hero?

Thanks mate, great set of auras :) 

I had the "metric [bleep]ton of compare to nil errors" problem too - had it narrowed down to the Festering Count aura in the status wa group before I realised that dumbass me still had plaguebearer on. Switched to UB and the errors stopped.

So yeah. If the auras fail double check for a PEBKAC problem.

Weak Auras 2 was updated earlier today v2.1.0.2 and I, for the life of me, can't get the "Redfellas Necroblight Rotation Helper (1.0 rc1): http://pastebin.com/11SPW2DV" to work. I had the previous version installed, but now the computer "locks" while loading, but after 3 minutes or so the WoW client disconnects me and none of the Auras are loaded, much less saved.  I've deleted the savedvarieables, uninstalled and reinstalled Weak Auras 2 and even disabled ALL other add-on except for WA2 with zero luck. Is there something wrong with string or is the updated WA2 conflicting, causing the WoW client to disconnect? I know it can't be the computer, as I was able to load the previous version of the Rotation Helper, and the computer is the Razer Blade 14 2014 edition, meaning less than a year old.

Any help getting this to work would be great!

Edit: Okay after messing around some more. I got it to work/import, by changing from wireless to a wired/ethernet connection. I guess something with long string/imports in Weak Aura 2 causes the client to think I lost connection over wireless and disconnect from WoW altogether.

Edited by Necrostitutte

Hi, I'll test importing the string with the latest WA2 version tomorrow and get back to you.

Have you tested pasting the string in parts as described in the opening post (this has helped others with a similar issue)? 

Update: Import works for me.

Edited by Redfella

Hi, I have a question about the WAs. 

When I attack mobs and let's say UB is on CD and I trigger NP with Plague Bringer, as stacks build, it doesn't trigger icons for Festering Strike/Scourge strike. It only triggers those icons in the rotation when I use UB on an enemy first.  Has anyone else had this issue?  I check and I have death runes to burn, but it isn't triggering those displays. Same when an enemy drops below 45% no trigger for Soul Reaper.  

Thanks,

Plague Bringer? Do you mean with Plague Strike or are you using Plaguebearer? Don't, if that's the case.

As to your issue, it sounds pretty weird. Judging from the amount of people using the helper and what you describe, it's not functioning properly for you, for some reason, and as to what that might be, I can only guess. Perhaps try to import the helper again?

• Like 1

Plague Bringer? Do you mean with Plague Strike or are you using Plaguebearer? Don't, if that's the case.

As to your issue, it sounds pretty weird. Judging from the amount of people using the helper and what you describe, it's not functioning properly for you, for some reason, and as to what that might be, I can only guess. Perhaps try to import the helper again?

Thanks, i'll try it. Am I suppose to import all 4 strings (f#1 Redfellas Necroblight Rotation Helper (1.0 rc1): #2 Redfellas Necroblight Status Helper (0.99): #3 Unholy Cooldowns (0.99): #4 GCD Bar(0.99)smile.png or do you only import one of the strings?  I assume all 4. 

EDIT: Correct I tried Outbreak and Plague strike.  I'm curious if smaller mobs like regular mobs running around Nagrand cause issues with the WA.  I haven't tried it on raid content  yet.  Hopefully, I don't have any issues :) 

Edited by Gondole

Thanks, i'll try it. Am I suppose to import all 4 strings (f#1 Redfellas Necroblight Rotation Helper (1.0 rc1): #2 Redfellas Necroblight Status Helper (0.99): #3 Unholy Cooldowns (0.99): #4 GCD Bar(0.99)smile.png or do you only import one of the strings?  I assume all 4. 

EDIT: Correct I tried Outbreak and Plague strike.  I'm curious if smaller mobs like regular mobs running around Nagrand cause issues with the WA.  I haven't tried it on raid content  yet.  Hopefully, I don't have any issues smile.png 

Yeah, all 4. Under 1mill hp. mobs don't trigger SR icon, since the mob would be dead before the debuff would deal damage. It's designed for raid setting, yes.

Edited by Redfella

Yeah, all 4. Under 1mill hp. mobs don't trigger SR icon, since the mob would be dead before the debuff would deal damage. It's designed for raid setting, yes.

Thanks! I think I figured what was going on.  In the open world I don't use UB and I think with the algorithm, since I'm not using UB in open world, it's letting my NP fall off and wanting it to refresh with UB. In terms of Soul Reaper, I'm assuming it's due to the mobs having less than 1 mill HP. 

Thanks! I think I figured what was going on.  In the open world I don't use UB and I think with the algorithm, since I'm not using UB in open world, it's letting my NP fall off and wanting it to refresh with UB. In terms of Soul Reaper, I'm assuming it's due to the mobs having less than 1 mill HP. 

Indeed, the rotation helper pretty much doesn't tell you anything if you won't use UB, since that's where the whole logic chain starts and the assumption is that we'll be using it pretty much on CD, whenever NP is not found on the target.

• Like 2

So I noticed in a lot of the bosses with multiple adds: (I.E. Blast Furnace) I see some DKs doing about 4-5k more in DPS with using DnD and Blood Boil significantly more in the rotation.  It would be really cool if there was a similar WA for an AoE version.  

Otherwise, the imports are so awesome and have really helped my DPS :) 

Hi Red,

Thanks for your work on this! It looks amazing and I'm dying to try it!

But I can't. I've imported it 4-5 times both as a whole (doesn't freeze) and in parts with no luck. It DOES import, but doesn't function and spits out errors to the tune of maybe 100/sec. I am not computer savvy and am hoping there's something stupid I'm doing. Any help is appreciated. Below, I've linked the error messages:

Message: [string "return function(...)..."]:3: attempt to compare number with nil
Time: Fri Apr 10 18:40:58 2015
Count: 1536
Stack: [string "return function(...)..."]:3: in function `trigger'
Interface\AddOns\WeakAuras\WeakAuras.lua:1919: in function `ScanEvents'
Interface\AddOns\WeakAuras\WeakAuras.lua:4856: in function <Interface\AddOns\WeakAuras\WeakAuras.lua:4854>

Locals: ubStart = nil
ubDuration = nil
ubEnabled = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = "attempt to compare number with nil"

Message: [string "return function(...)..."]:6: attempt to compare number with nil
Time: Fri Apr 10 18:30:25 2015
Count: 1020
Stack: [string "return function(...)..."]:6: in function `trigger'
Interface\AddOns\WeakAuras\WeakAuras.lua:1919: in function `ScanEvents'
Interface\AddOns\WeakAuras\WeakAuras.lua:4856: in function <Interface\AddOns\WeakAuras\WeakAuras.lua:4854>

Locals: UB = "Unholy Blight"
NP = "Necrotic Plague"
ubStart = nil
ubDuration = nil
ubEnabled = nil
(*temporary) = "Interface\Icons\spell_deathknight_necroticplague"
(*temporary) = 0
(*temporary) = 0
(*temporary) = 100
(*temporary) = 155159
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = "attempt to compare number with nil"

Now that I have my 2 piece at less than 45% I want to use Death Coil basically whenever I have a free CD and have runic power for it, since I'm using SR to get my stacks for my geist. What kind of changes would you suggest to this for that?

I don't feel comfortable making blind changes to the WA since I don't have the set bonus (not raiding on my DK at the moment due time constraints), so I can't really help in that aspect.

That said, you could add triggers to the death coil rules that state that target HP is above 45% and then add a new Death coil icon that has two triggers: Target hp less than 45% and 2nd that you are able to cast Death coil.

Hello,

Sorry to disturb you but, ive got the Necrotic and Unholyblight talent in my shortcut

And when i import the WA, and when i use my first Skill i ve got an LUA error too :s maybe its dont work with the recent version of weak aura2?

Thx a lot for your answer

Regards,

Joanols

Hello,

Sorry to disturb you but, ive got the Necrotic and Unholyblight talent in my shortcut

And when i import the WA, and when i use my first Skill i ve got an LUA error too :s maybe its dont work with the recent version of weak aura2?

Thx a lot for your answer

Regards,

Joanols

I've got the latest and it works. Did you try the language fixed versio (judging from your English, maybe you don't use the English client?). https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/10380-redfellas-unholy-necroticblight-weakauras/?p=102205

Felipe: That's normal. You won't see that long line unless you open /wa. Just go try it out in combat. :)

I paste, takes about 2-3 min for the text to appear, but nothing happens. 

Thoughts?

I have used a different rotation helper for DK that was ok, I have disabled this to never load for now.

Edit: I had to paste 2 lines at a time.

However, the prompts seem lacking it only with long gaps tells me to UD or Deathcoil.. nothing else O.o 

Edited by LordMuck

I paste, takes about 2-3 min for the text to appear, but nothing happens. 

Thoughts?

I have used a different rotation helper for DK that was ok, I have disabled this to never load for now.

Edit: I had to paste 2 lines at a time.

However, the prompts seem lacking it only with long gaps tells me to UD or Deathcoil.. nothing else O.o 

Either the imported string didn't completelty get imported (unlikely, as you did get the string imported, and even slight mispastes etc. will just make it not work at all) or you are missing the two requried talents to play the spec correctly.

"For importing you are required to be in Unholy Spec and you need to have both Unholy Blight and Necrotic Plague talents active."

Once you have those talents, go hit the target dummy and follow the helper's instructions to the letter.

Edited by Redfella

I have 2 kind of weird bugs, 1 is Empower Rune Weapon will sometimes show even if I have full runes. (It will have a glowing gold ring on it, it will sometimes show both that and then also correctly show it without the glow) and then sometimes when I have my abom up and am at like 35-75 Runic it will show that I should death coil. This might be intentional I'm not sure.

also for the 2 piece thing what death coil would you suggest duplicating in order to create the 2 set bonus version? (to get spacing and shit right)

Edited by palles

I have 2 kind of weird bugs, 1 is Empower Rune Weapon will sometimes show even if I have full runes. (It will have a glowing gold ring on it, it will sometimes show both that and then also correctly show it without the glow) and then sometimes when I have my abom up and am at like 35-75 Runic it will show that I should death coil. This might be intentional I'm not sure.

also for the 2 piece thing what death coil would you suggest duplicating in order to create the 2 set bonus version? (to get spacing and shit right)

After you've used DT, Deathcoil is shown during the buff if the buff duration is long. When it's not long, we start banking RP so that we'd be near 100 once DT falls of and we want to build stacks ASAP.

I'd probably duplicate "Death Coil  if RP < 90 & DT duration > 10s" so it has the Green Icon and RP amount text, since it's pretty much just another spell with no real benefit to anything else after you start SR:ing. Duplicate that, remove Triggers 2 to 6 and add a new Trigger for target Health under 45%.

ERW triggers are set up as follows

- ERW when out of resources: Trigger when 0 of every rune && less than 30 RP && ERW not on CD

- ERW when target health is under 10 million: Trigger when less than 30 RP && ERW not on CD -- this has, for some reason, lost it's third trigger that should have been: when less 3 runes available. It's intention is to remind you to pop ERW when the fight is almost over, so you don't lose out on it. Adding this to known issues.

I'm gonna take my DK out for a spin to HC this weekend, if I manage to score some tier, expect an update next week for the 2 PC and fix for ERW.

Edited by Redfella

Cool, I made the 2 pc changes you suggested and I think I fixed ERW for myself. (Haven't tested it yet) thanks for the help. Your shit really helped me a lot. I don't rely as heavily on it as I did a few weeks ago, but only because it's taught me to play the class better.

Yeah, the gist of it is to help you learn the basics. It will never know as well what the fight plan is or what's gonna happen next, but that's for the player to know once basics have been learned. :)