FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Adasiek

Sub + Shadow Reflection

Someone asked this question a while ago, and I (mistakenly) told them you should always strive to get a bleed up (whether it be Hemo or Rupture) during SR so that your SR benefits from Sanguinary Vein.  As I found out afterward, however, your SR doesn't benefit from Sanguinary Vein, so making sure Rupture/Hemo is up before your other abilities isn't necessary.

Your Rupture and Hemo do, however, keep ticking after your SR is over.  Since you should be lining up SR with Shadow Dance, however, you shouldn't be using Hemo because it's a DPS loss during Find Weakness (Backstab/Ambush are both better even if the DoT falls off).  You should definitely try to get off a Rupture during your SR.  Since it keeps ticking after your SR is over, it doesn't matter if it's the first or last spell your SR casts--just make sure you get a Rupture in there somewhere.

TL;DR: Rupture during SR (at any point), Hemo isn't necessary.

Edited by Blaquenwhyte

It saves you a gcd since it applies both SV and FW. You don't use it any other time since you'll always have a bleed up on the target, and its damage is miserable

Sorry.

Gcd is global cooldown, or effectively the time it takes to use a skill

Yes, SV is Sanguinary Veins for the damage increase

FW is Find Weakness, which is what Sub revolves around for its damage output

Carrn, basically I ignore Hemo nowadays? I can forgo it completely and still not have a high DPS loss?

If so, I believe this would justify me to stop using the glyph, since it works just as a cushion.

It's still a marginal dps gain to use when Find Weakness is down, but it's not significant. 

I still use it and the glyph when target swapping, since Rupture is a waste on small adds, but I replace it with CoS glyph for Butcher (for example)