FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Shammm

T17 set bonus

Hey, does anyone know what its gonna be ? I saw 2 versions :

1) 2p When you activate Shadow Dance, you gain 60 Energy. 4p When Shadow Dance expires, your next finishing move refunds 5 combo points.

2) 2p While Shadow Dance is active, your abilities cost no Energy. 4p 5 sec after Shadow Dance ends, your finishing moves will refund 5 combo points.

I understand that second is just opieop, but first one is just a joke.

Edited by Shammm
  • Like 1

I'm pretty sure it's the first one. Combat's are even better, but the set bonuses are VERY strong

It's the first one.  It might've been the second one in an early iteration of the set bonus, but it's probably since been changed--the first one is what it is currently.  And no, it's really not a joke.  It pretty much removes the need to pool Energy before a Shadow Dance, and the free finisher it gives is guaranteed to be during Find Weakness which means you get a free, hard-hitting Eviscerate.

All of the Rogue set bonuses are pretty damn good.  In terms of DPS increase, Combat's are best, and I believe Subtlety and Assassination are around equal, but both are ~8%+ DPS increase from 0 piece to 4 piece.

I guess i dont understand smth, but to me once ur used to spec there is no problem pooling that energy before dancing, yea ofc there is 60 energy - like what 1.5 free ambush ? So basically its 60 energy + 1 evis per minute. Yea its better than nothing obv, dunno mb im missing smth or just expected too much out of setb.

The larger benefit is that it allows you to continue casting spells rather than waiting for 4-6s for your energy bar to refill. Effectively, it should give us another finishing move

Assuming you use 5 Shadow Dances over the course of a fight (most will use more, but let's assume a fairly short fight length of ~5 minutes), it's passively giving you 300 Energy and 5 free finishers.  That's essentially 7 free Ambushes and 5 guaranteed Find Weakness Eviscerates, and that's not even accounting for the fact that, since you don't need to pool Energy as often, you'll be getting more Backstabs off outside of Shadow Dance which will be advancing your Rupture, dealing damage, and generating Combo Points for even more finishers.

It makes you more powerful leading up to, during, and after a Shadow Dance--and considering Shadow Dance periods are the most important periods of Subtlety DPS, the Sub set bonuses really do a lot more than you might think.  You might say it's "a free 1.5 Ambushes and finisher," sure, but add those for every Shadow Dance over the course of a fight compounded on not needing to pool Energy as much and you see how it helps quite a bit.

• Like 1

What i meant was its more like aniticipation talent (rogues are the only class w/o dps talent in t6 ?) that just simplifies ur rotation, the only difference is that it gives u slightly more dps (which is the point of setb). Once again this is just my opinion, probably i just expected more out of it.