FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Animux

Quick Question

Which spec is that for? :)

I imagine that there has already been a simulation for rotations with the tier set.

The answer seems to be that Elemental Blast is the best. My source is this:

http://simulationcraft.org/505/Raid_T14N.html

That is sim data for all classes in T14 Normal gear on a Patchwerk style fight.

If you go down to the Elemental Shaman section and open the "talents" section, you will see that they use Elemental Blast.

Yes, I saw this simulation, the question in this case is whether they used elemental blast as default or have tried other talents tier6 (unleashed fury and primal Elementalist).

I think that they show only the "best" results, so they will have simmed the others and determined which is best. Then they will have just shown the "best".

Unless something has changed in their methods recently :)

I've read in a few places (I believe EJ was one of them) that Elemental Blast is simming the highest but by a very small margin. To me it's a matter of preference. If its a high movement fight i'd say Primal Elementalist because you dont need to cast that, where as EB has a cast time. Unleashed Fury is at the bottom of the 3. The only fire spell we use is flame shock. So you'd only benefit if you used it before you apply flame shock. Elemental's rotation is pretty simple so using Elemental Blast adds a little more challenge to it by throwing in another spell instead of spamming Lightning Bolt until Lava Surge procs.

I've read in a few places (I believe EJ was one of them) that Elemental Blast is simming the highest but by a very small margin. To me it's a matter of preference. If its a high movement fight i'd say Primal Elementalist because you dont need to cast that, where as EB has a cast time. Unleashed Fury is at the bottom of the 3. The only fire spell we use is flame shock. So you'd only benefit if you used it before you apply flame shock. Elemental's rotation is pretty simple so using Elemental Blast adds a little more challenge to it by throwing in another spell instead of spamming Lightning Bolt until Lava Surge procs.

Actually w.r.t. Unleashed Fury: it applies a debuff to the target which increases its damage taken from your Lightning Bolt for a few seconds. That makes it significantly better than you give it credit for, even it it's still not that awesome.