FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Diaak

A matter of Dps

Hi! I'm new to post here but i started reading this section since i wanted to play AffLock as competitives players!

Now, i read all the top thread and found them very useful, those help me to increase my dps and learn how the procs are relevant in a competitive field. Following the reforging and gemming guide, this is my actual warlock:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/it/character/nemesis/Diaak/simple

But i'm not sure if i am permoring it to its full potential. Unfortunately i m very unlucky with gear drops because of the guild progress is very slow, doesn't matter if LFR or normal, so that's the point why i don't still have Light of Cosmos nor the T14 496 pieces or whatever can help me to upgrade my gear.

I'm asking you what should be the dps for this lock, assuming that some pieces are sub-optimale and i try the refresh with Empowered DoTs and following the tips and quirks guide, in Mogu Shan and HoF (just tried the first boss, by the way); i can't post logs because i simply don't have them but i can tell you i'm doing 55k at Stone Guard, 55/60k to Feng and 60k to Gar'Jal (assuming that i m assigned to go into Shadow Realm each time that is possible), and 45k/50k to Zor'lok (an afternoon of tries as pug, but i didn't realize how useful could be KJ cunning, my bad) but i feel i can do better, maybe should i catch the 7k Haste threshold? But i should sacrifice the Mastery i guess, that not seems so good reading the guides at the top.

Any advices? Some tips? Should i change some enchants/gems/reforges? I'm glad to here you, because i found this place very very useful to upgrading my playstyle.

Sorry for my english, i hope you can understand this post without too many difficoults!

Without actual logs, I can't really figure out what you can do to increase your DPS. I've written two guides I think you may be interested in.

5.0.5 Affliction Guide:

World of Logs Guide:

Use the Affliction Guide to sure up any mechanical changes you might not be performing optimally. Use the World of Logs guide to super-analyze your assumptions.

• Like 2

I read the whole first guide of course and i find it very very useful, congratulations!

The second one is new to me, i'll register and post the results of my tonight's raid if i m going to get some try, but i guess i'll do!

Well, but i think that dot uptime is not truly shown by the log, because there were pauses between a wipe and another, i'm not practice with those logs, but does they take the whole duration of the record or just a the fights themselves?

but does they take the whole duration of the record or just a the fights themselves?

If you don't tell it to look at a specific fight, then it will show you the whole night.

To see a specific fight kill, goto

Full Report > Kills > Boss name

Then change Dashboard > Damage done.

That will give you one boss kill's fight worth of damage for the whole raid. You can also select Wipes if you want to see those instead of Kills.

As for your performance, it looks like you have nearly everything in line.

Here is a breakdown of your 26-11-12 fight.

http://www.worldoflo...s/7/?s=57&e=527

Posted Image

Here we see your spells cast over the course of the fight.

The yellow wavy lines are raid DPS and damage done to the boss.

You'll see a very bright green line. that's every time you used soulburn.

the very thick green lines are every time you case Dark Soul (which is nice looking...you're using it on cooldown)

At the bottom you see those three full lines with occasional breaks in them. You'll want those to always be full. you can see there was a moment at the execution phase where you let corruption drop off for a bit.

In the middle i added the Haunt and Shadow trance. Those look as they should.. seems that you are throwing out a fresh haunt every time you get a proc, which is good.

You used malefic grasp during execution phase. that would be a slight dps loss.

I think if you managed to get your haste up to the breakpoint of 4717 you'd be better off. You're at 14.43% hit now, but in that fight you only missed 5 casts (sadly, one was a haunt).

Also might want to look into changing your glyphs. Maybe switch out siphon life for Dark Soul.

also, (and maybe someone more knowledgeable than me can answer this), but should you maybe change the gem in your shoulders so you get the 60 intel bonus?

Edited by Gravyspasm
  • Like 1

Wow, that's great!

Thanks for the advices! The malefic grasp was a mistake, you'r right! I was looking for the haste breakpoint but when i put the cap on wowreforge, it says there are no solution viable for my gear, maybe i should throw out a light of the cosmos and get the threshold!

This help soo much, i'll try to correct the mistakes that you've said!

wowreforge,

personally, i think wowreforge is still a little broken for mists. And i don't always follow the advice that Ask Mr. Robot gives, but that is a slightly better page to use.

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/eu/nemesis/diaak

But Mr. Robot will tell you to drop Hit, so you can only use its advice for a little guidance and keep what you are comfortable with.

Hello again! I tried to emprove my dps, and apparently i did it, but i'm not satisfied, i think i can do much more, i see warlocks with similar gear doing better than me, so, here's the log of last raid

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/7cogo1b7msm87cyt/sum/damageDone/?s=866&e=1213

This is the kill, then i made some tries to Feng, but i had to go away so i leave the group before the end.

What can i do to improve my performances, especially during Feng's fight?

here's is armory, upgraded some pieces (Loshan full upgrade + 1/2 Gloves)

http://eu.battle.net/wow/it/character/nemesis/Diaak/simple

Hello again! I tried to emprove my dps, and apparently i did it, but i'm not satisfied, i think i can do much more, i see warlocks with similar gear doing better than me,

The following is nickpicking. you're doing great numbers, in my opinion. but now, at this point, you're trying to squeeze out every last bit you can. so this is all i can see that can be done.

1: pre pot and pot during the fight. on the guardians you didnt use any potions

2: get rid of that crit trinket. i see you're doing the new dallies in the wilds, so you'll soon be in line for the trinket they offer

3: stop using fel flame

4: i see you used soul swap 4 times. I'm going to assume you did so to pull your dots off of the newly alone guardian and apply them to the undotted one. But you're not glyphed in soul swap so you didn't leave behind a copy. I realize that they would then be doing 90% less damage, but that's still something extra, and the only cost to you is to glyph out of soulstone. (you're running with a tree and a DK. you'll be fine with a 60% return if the tree dies.)

Edited by Gravyspasm