Holy needs help!

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I am an ilvl 671 Holy Priest who raids 2-3x per week with a progression raiding guild. I switched from disc to holy at the beginning of WoD (seems like a mistake now, right?), so I'm fairly new to holy.
(my armory saved to my Shadow set this time, unfortunately- if you want to know what is incorrect, feel free to ask)

While I feel like I've really improved over the past weeks, I'm still finding I'm not parsing as high as I think I should. Yes, I know it's more about keeping everyone alive than staring at the meters! I'm just annoyed because I feel as if I'm missing something in my healing.

We had another holy priest in the guild, who decided to switch chars and be our off-tank, but while he was healing, he was constantly keeping up with my healing, or doing better, even with a lower ilvl than me. 

Here's a Ko'ragh fight from last week I did pretty well on:

But then from last night:

*If you want to see more, look up League of Friends-Sargeras on warcraft logs*

(There are a lot of Flash Heals b/c I chose the SoL talent- I was actually having an excess of mana after a while so MB and PW:S seemed less helpful)

My question is:

What can I do better?

In my research I've been wondering:
Should I re-glyph from CoH to BH?

Do I need to start using BH as a main heal?

Should I be trying to switch in between chakras every fight? (I'm almost always in Sanctuary)

ANY advice would be awesome. I'm open to all suggestions. Thanks guys!

You wanna switch out your talent Body and soul to Angelic feather (you don't wanna use a weak shield, and its much more movement speed boost) and Surge of light to Power Word: Solace for keeping up the mana ( You can spam it every 10 second and it restore 2% mana every time you use it)

For the rotation renew is your main spell and. should always be like 3x more healing done than CoH. Spam it as much as possible on injured party members. It also reset the cd on CoH whenever you spam renew.

Spells you wanna use when its avaible

- Prayer of mending every 10 seconds (Heals alot for short amount of mana

- Cascade (Op HoT spell)

- Power Word: Solace (Renew and CoH spam is alot of mana cost, use this everytime its up to maintain mana)

- Sanctuary on stacked group.

- Lightwells

For single target you wanna Use Flash heal then -> Normal Heal (Because of Serendipity, reducing the cast time and mana cost) Also change your stance to Chakra:Serenity for the op instant cast spell.

You gotta spam way more Renew on koragh. Im a 673 holy priest and i can pull around 45k hps from it.

For Glyphs, you wanna switch out Prayer of mending with lightwells. (1 more charge is more heal)

Keep Renew and CoH

There are also macro for Power Word: Solace where you can instant target the enemy and cast it, rather than target the enemy then cast it.

Divine hymn should also be cast on explosion magic absorb shield debuff.

Edited by kiz9yup

In the second fight, you were 5 healing compared to the first fight 4 healing. 15 people in fight fight and 17 in second fight, so keep that in mind.

Additionally, damage taken in 2nd logs was much lower and consistent (161k/15=10k : 163k/17=9k)

Make sure that your lightwell is out on the pull to help with any out of control fire dot as you renew everyone for that.

A talent to take is going to be Spectral Guise. Use it when Overflowing Energy hits and you can avoid up to 3 hits. 

I typically glyph Lightwell, Circle of Healing, and Renew for this fight. CoH helps with shadow, and stronger renew gives a bit better coverage as I'm spamming it usually. 

You also should use your Shadowfiend / Mindbender when he runs into the center for more damage / manaback as my group always does lust at that part which gives SF/BM more attacks which is more dps/manaback. I typically run solace as I like to add more damage and get more manaback, but I think in 6.1 Mindbender is getting a manaback buff.

Also, in the first log, 7 people (~<50%) didn't healthstone, which could be something to look for on future encounters. Healing Tonics are better than healthstones, so that's also an option.

I would get used to using PoM more, as when 6.1 hits it will have 10 charges, T17 14 charges with 2pc bonus. And if you use pvp set you and whomever it heals gain 130(stacking *5) versatility, which is nice but not that big of a game changer as you'll be facing 660 ilvl vs 665/680s.