FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
ragebarr

Blackrock Foundry DPS Warrior Tips and Tricks

This thread is for tips and tricks for each of the fights in Blackrock Foundry. Advice will be added to the main post as it is available. Please feel free to leave any advice you've gleaned from doing the fights. 

Gruul:
  • All specs:
    • ​Leap if you get targetet by Shatter, Charge back in after you explode.
  • Fury:
  • Arms:
  • Gladiator:

Oregorger:
  • All specs:
    • Use the crates in the charge phase as a toll to get to safe spots faster.
    • Glyph Rude Interruption.
  • Fury:
  • Arms:
  • Gladiator:

Blast Furnace:
  • All specs:
  • Fury:
  • Arms:
  • Gladiator:

Hans'gar and Franzok:
  • All specs:
    • Use Leap, Charge and Intervene to help with movement on the belts.
  • Fury:
  • Arms:
  • Gladiator:

Flamebender Ka'graz:
  • All specs:
  • Fury:
  • Arms:
  • Gladiator:

Kromog:
  • All specs:
  • Fury:
  • Arms:
  • Gladiator:

Beastlord Darmac:
  • All specs:
  • Fury:
  • Arms:
  • Gladiator:

Operator Thogar:
  • All specs:
  • Fury:
  • Arms:
  • Gladiator:

Iron Maidens:
  • All specs:
  • Fury:
  • Arms:
  • Gladiator:

Blackhand:
  • All specs:
  • Fury:
  • Arms:
  • Gladiator:

Just a few tips I think would help

Gruul -

Spec Fury, purely single target fight, you can use Defensive Stance or DbtS before each inferno strike to help out your healers.

I liked taking Glyph of Death From Above for the shorter cooldown to take Shatter out of the raid.

Oregorger - 

I prefer Fury for this. Glyph of Rude Interruption if you're on interrupt duty, if not then convince your raid leader to put you on ^^

Try to save leap for emergencies only during the rolling phase. Keep an eye on Explosive Shards. Try to stay at max melee range to avoid taking an Acid Torrent hit.

Blast Furnace -

Arms works really well for the cleave. You can use leap to take bombs to Regulators. Be sure to go into D-stance when you do. Glyph of Rude Interruption could work well to stop cauterize casts and others.

Hans'gar and Franzok -

Arms for the cleave, try to re-apply rend before the boss starts jumping around. Use Intervene/Charge/Leap to avoid presses.

Flamebender Ka'graz -

Fury for single target, or Arms to help get wolves down faster. Use leap to get over Lava Lash lines. Save DbtS for Firestorm.

Kromog -

Fury, mostly a single target fight. Stand at max melee range so it's easier to see Reverberations (careful, the actual radius seems a bit bigger than it looks). Bladestorm can be used to help break allies out of hands. Use defensive stance or DbtS for Stone Breath.

Beastlord Darmac -

Either spec, I prefer Arms to dot spears and cleave down adds ASAP. Be wary of Rend and Tear, keep an eye on where the tanks are standing.

Operator Thogar -

I used Fury with bladestorm seeing as it's mostly single target but there are important adds to get down fast. Be wary of bombs or grenades in melee.

Iron Maidens -

Arms, target the priority and cleave off him. Be wary of Blood Ritual, try to stand at max melee range so tank can be first hit. Use leap for Rapid Fire. Try and maintain Rend on all 3 targets.

Hey all

Just did the Operator last night. Went in as Arms and I just have to share this. Take Dragon Roar, Bladestorm and Anger Management. This basically ensures that every time those adds are up that you will be a wrecking machine. Glyph Sweeping Strike and activate that just before smashing things...you'll never be without ample amounts of rage.

Don't even try to multi dot everything as that will just be wasting time, but do make sure it's always on the boss before engaging the adds. By the end of the above mentioned combo, hit sweeping strikes and finish off the remaining adds. This way, not only will you be contributing immensely towards successful completion of the fight by disposing of adds real quickly, you'll also be top DPS for damn sure! Great Arms fight (and this from a fury fan) Enjoy smile.png

I am using Bladestorm and Ravager and I have both up for every add pack anyway

Ravager is an awesome AOE talent. Not going to disagree on that. But the movement on that fight is all over the show. Trains coming in from all sides and tanks need to keep moving for perfect positioning. Haven't tried Ravager and I'll definitely give it a shot sometime, but the other reason is that Sweeping Strikes (glyphed) aint going to be giving you any additional rage for the Ravager hits. 

I can guarantee a full rage bar when you come out of BS. Hit your Thunder Clap/SS macro and melt adds down. It's very efficient. Give it a try. GL and HF

My first post here and my first post about Fury.  I'm brand new to both Fury and Warriors so I welcome feedback.

Gruul:

Glyphs:

-Unending Rage

-Death From Above

-Bull Rush

Talents:

-Double Time

-Enraged Regeneration or Impending Victory.  An argument could be made for either, I think.

-Furious Strikes / Sudden Death:  Either can work since, from what I've read, the DPS is about the same.  I prefer Furious Strikes for a rage-cheap way of keeping down the rage cap when not Enraged and Berserker Rage is on CD.  I also like spamming it when I am enraged for cheap. :)

-Storm Bolt

-Vigilance

-Bloodbath

-Anger Management.  To me, on single-target fights when using Storm Bolt, Bloodbath and Heroic Leap... this makes sense because of the reduced cooldowns.  But... Gruul is stationary enough where Ravager ticks can keep doing damage during knockback/shatter if timed right but would require attention to timers.

A late additional tip for DPS warriors on Oregorger: If you are about to get flattened by a roll during the crate phase, face toward the boss and Die by the Sword to parry the roll and take no damage. Also, switch to Defensive Stance for this phase to reduce the AoE ticks from the boss.