FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
ragebarr

Blackrock Foundry Protection Warrior Tips and Tricks

What class is your cotank? So you have hunters?

If you're tanking with a DK or monk, have them grab adds with Death and Decay or the Ox Statue. That way, they shouldn't need to run all the way out there to grab adds.

If you have hunters, have them misdirect.

If you have none of the above, have your cotank go grab adds and run back quickly.

Yes,my co -tank is a pala so we use hunters to misdirect .

We are very close to take him down (7%) .

If things go well ,darmac will fall tomorrow night.

I must add something :

i tried to use ravager on the adds i placed it just before they spawn but it was not really useful they took one hit and went directly on the lealers /dps.

I may have placed it badly but i choose not to use ravager at the end and i stayed with gladiator stance.

Ravager's usefulness isn't entirely about add pickup. It'll help immensely with your damage taken, especially with Faultline. Try to place it such that it is near the boss and the adds will run into it once they've been misdirected.

Ravager will be about a 10% reduction in damage taken across the length of the fight and has almost identical smoothness to Gladiator's Resolve. You'll see much more benefit from Ravager.

IIRC, prot paladins have a glyph that allows them to place Consecration down within 30yds or something like that. Your prot paladin may want to look into that. Alternately, you can use your mocking banner during that phase.

• Like 1

Against black hand in phase one when taking the smash use protective wall for the first one.

If you have a priest ,have him grab you before you end in the lava around the room.

If you have to handle a second smash,use demo shout and last stand ;

On every smash try to use a full sbar and enraged regeneration  (should you have chose this talent)

Humans have a slight advantage:when smashed,use all for one (the racial that frees you from stun) and use heroic leap to prevent from ending in the lava.

Hope that can help;)

I have huge problems with my dps. Depending on the encounter I can just make ~20k with itemlevel 690 and so I'm never listed in my bracket and it's difficult not to be overstyled by the other tank. But I don't know what to change. In mythic I need my rage for Shieldblock and Barrier, even if I'm just the Offtank. I mostly spend only Sudden Death and Ultimatum Proccs on HS and Execute. Bosses without adds are even worse, because I can't make AoE Damage count. 

Any suggestions?

I can't give you any particularly useful advice without being able to see what you're doing. The best way I can do that is via logs. If you make a thread in the warrior forums and post your armory and some logs, I'll get to those as soon as I can and I'll be able to diagnose what is going on accurately and base my recommendations off of that. Please be sure to select specific fights where you think you could use the most improvement.