FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Shiggs

Low uptime on blood shield

Blood shield won't have very high uptime right now because our mastery is 1/6th of what it was at the end of MoP. We do far more direct self healing right now than we do blood shielding. I would worry more about timing your death strikes to get your 35% overhealing from deathstrike as low as possible rather than worrying about blood shields.

My timing is bad on frost strike I gotta work on that. I see a lot of logs with uptimes 28%ish which makes me think I am doing something wrong.

Well we're also looking at butcher. That fight hits so hard and constantly that there's no way to build a bloodshield long enough or large enough to have any real uptime on it. On a fight like Kargath you can definitely have a high uptime on bloodshield because half the time you aren't tanking anything and your blood shield is just sitting there building. but on butcher you'll almost always get hit within 1-2 seconds of any and every death strike. That's why I say not to worry about your blood shield on that fight. worry about your overall damage taken vs. healing from both death strike, and from the blood shield more than the bloodshield uptime.

Also you should be using rune tap on CD whenever you have 2 stacks. You're barely taking more damage than the warrior right now, and you're self healing for way more. if you work in 8-10 well placed rune taps during the fight you'll be the easier to heal tank by a landslide.

edit again: Also you should pre-pot and 2nd pot armor not strength. Str = 1000 +25% for fallen crusader proc = 1250AP. Bonus Armor pot = 1500 armor + 1500AP. there's no reason for blood to ever use anything but an armor potion.

Also defile on CD. it'll reduce your damage taken by 10% even when you're offtanking and taking cleaves.

Thanks I am horrible about using rune tap.I need to make it into a bigger WA so I know to use it. Pre pot is armor, but my flask should be strength right?

Str vs. Stam is mostly preference. You'll do a little bit more self healing with str, but Stam will give the healers a little bit more cushion to keep you alive. I lean towards Str most of the time, but if there's any fight where Stam could make a noticable difference it's butcher.