FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
caplon

Fire AOE

Hello

I am a little confused about fire aoe in the rotation guide. 2-4 and spread targets seem straight forward but I am a little confused about 5+ do you literally spam flamestrike or do you just keep the dot from your flamestrike rolling on your targets?

ty in advance

Edited by caplon

Hello

I am a little confused about fire aoe in the rotation guide. 2-4 and spread targets seem straight forward but I am a little confused about 5+ do you literally spam flamestrike or do you just keep the dot rolling on your targets?

ty in advance

The guide says:

If the enemies are spread out, then there is little else you do, besides picking one enemy and focusing on it. Applying wow_icon_ability_mage_livingbomb.jpg Living Bomb on all of them is not worth it. Try rotating your instant wow_icon_spell_fire_fireball02.jpg Pyroblasts across all enemies, to get the DoT ticking on all of them.

Although, I'd personally apply Living Bomb on them but Berlinia can tell the truth about that.

When you encounter 5+ enemies, you have a few routes you can take depending on cooldowns. You will always cast living bomb on your main target and spread it with inferno blast. Next you will flamestrike and reapply this as it falls off. If you have combustion ready, build a good combustion and spread it with inferno blast. Make sure inferno blast is glyphed. AOE depends drastically on the timing of inferno blasts. When you get your two piece bonus from BRF, this gets much easier, and you can even double inferno blast to double stack your ignite on other targets.

What about Dragon's Breath glyphed? Not worth using?

With glyph, use it on CD, but this only applies to stacked up targets and the OP asked about spread ones.

Xaskepios: Don't be that guy that pads on adds tongue.png Just spread Living Bombs as they increase your boss damage.

Okay, basically for Fire AoE spread Living Bombs (Never single apply them and not spread them). This takes some figuring out to do, as you sometimes have IB on CD when LB is about to fall off. Basically when there are 5 or more Enemies you want to Flamestrike to keep the dot up and then proceed on ST rotation on the main target, spreading LB, ignite and Pyrodot all around with IB.

There is no boss in BRF that requires you to use Dragon Breath, as there are always priority targets. Essentially even Flamestrike should rarely be used, especially during progression as there is always something that is more important than AoE.