FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Kerber

Glyph of Imp Swarm Opener

Hello,

I did a quick Highmaul HC run yesterday and used this opportunity to test out Glyph of Imp Swarm. I found it quite useful for the opener as it allowed me to cast 3 Demonbolts instead of two. I used this opener:

Prepot + Pre-cast Soul Fire

Imp Swarm

Summon Doomguard

Corruption

Hand of Gul'dan

Shadowbolt

Shadowbolt

Shadowbolt

Hand of Gul'dan

Trinket + Dark Soul

Doom

Demonbolt

Demonbolt

Demonbolt

This seems to be a nice opener. Take note that I only cast the third shadowbolt and doomguard if we pop Bloodlust at the beginning of the fight. The downside might be that I start casting my demonbolts later due to the extra GCD from Shadowbolt and Imp swarm.

Can you see any other downsides in this opener? What are your experiences with Glyph of Imp Swarm. I am curious to hear your opinion.

Edited by Kerber

I think that the Glyph is a bit of a waste atm. The changes going into WoD have made it a clear DPS loss in almost all scenarios.

3x Demonbolt in the opener doesn't really get you anything in the long run. My opener has 2 less GCD's than yours and it's already a tight squeeze to get the second DB out under initial 10s procs.

Both openers are fine, but I'm not sold on the overall loss that Glyphing Imp Swarm incurs. 

Doesn't doomguard scale with your stats?  I thought that was how it worked so have been hitting my DG with trinket/DS as I transition to meta.  Is that a waste or should I just pop it right off?

I am currently popping my doomguard whenever bloodlust is activated. In most cases this is at the start of the fight which is nice since you get all your procs together with bloodlust :)

Edited by Kerber