FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] S20 Hearthstone Hunter Face Aggro GvG

Guest DistantDk

Haunted Creeper is amazing to stick to the board, which then activates your Abusive Sergeant, Glaivezooka, Kill Command etc. Explosive Trap is essential to allow you to ignore opposing minions, as well as doing additional damage, Mad Scientist is just an absurd card.

Mad Bomber is going to be too situational, and end up killing your own minions, Arcane Shot is a reasonable consideration but has mostly been phased out of Face Hunter, and Bluegill Warrior is somewhat unneeded, since with 2 mana, you can always just do 2 damage with hero power.

Creeper activates kill command how ?, it is spectral spiders not beasts so if its cleared, that synergy has gone.

Creeper activates kill command how ?, it is spectral spiders not beasts so if its cleared, that synergy has gone.

The Haunted Creeper itself is a beast, thus activates Kill Command.

The Spectra Spiders summonded afterwards are indeed non-beasts, but the synergy with the other cards mentioned stays true.

How is that not true of any other Beast card in the game? Might as well not play them right? Since if they get cleared the synergy is gone?

The point is that Creeper is a difficult to remove card, so sometimes the opponent will choose not to clear it, since it's so awkward to do so. Furthermore it's a cheap Beast, meaning you can play it from your hand and immediately Kill Command in the later turns.

Mistake with deck. It says it has only GvG cards. Untrue.

Where does it say such thing?

The title represents, that the deck was created during GvG, including GvG cards (along with the previous expansion cards).

I don't know how anyone could make it to legendary with this deck. It starts struggling severely at rank 15 against all other control decks. The lack of card draw means if you use up all your attempts to do damage, or regain control you're basically up the creek without a paddle.  

Unless you draw perfectly, this deck gets destroyed every game.  It just doesn't have any backup plans when you're in trouble. It's do or die, and that's not a good plan for any deck. 

Explosive trap is not enough to control the board now with GvG and Blackwing cards having so many ways to buff early minions. And,sure, you can use kill command and unleash to regain control, but then you've spent your killing blow. 

I'd very much like to see video of someone using this exact deck in higher ranks and CONSISTENTLY winning with it. 

YOU start struggling at Rank 15. This deck is extremely hard to play effectively, outside of the god draw games where you just win, if you miss a single point of damage in this deck by playing the cards in the wrong order, making a wrong decision on whether to play a card or use Hero Power, failing to invest spells before a Loatheb, or charge minions before a Taunt, you lose. It's that simple. You're just not playing the deck well enough.

Watch a high level tournament, I guarantee you will see this deck played. Xixo has also climbed to Legend on stream after a reset in < 12 hours using Face Hunter. There's plenty of footage out there.

Guest noxlealaps

Hello and thank you for the deck, was my first one after the randoms and gives me some fun times. I have found my self winning a lot of times but i lost to the classes that can sustain like pala and priest. I was wondering quick shot could get me of the bad situation with no cards at my hand and maybe be a finesher isntead of the 2 naxx spider ? Or would the ratio of spells-cards change and that would be bad ? And i was laso thinking maybe as a desperation move ragnaros ? after 8th turn i find my self winning very few times who maybe kill oen arcane golem for him could be worth it ?

If you're losing to classes with healing consistently, that I take that as a sign that you're missing damage over the course of the game. Paladin is actually a pretty strong matchup for this deck, and while Priest can be tricky, you should still have a reasonable winrate against them if you're playing well.

Remember your Hero Power. Against the classes that can heal effectively, starting as early as turn 3 it's usually better to go 1-drop + Hero Power on 3, then 2 drop + Hero Power on 4 etc.

Guest noxlealaps

If you're losing to classes with healing consistently, that I take that as a sign that you're missing damage over the course of the game. Paladin is actually a pretty strong matchup for this deck, and while Priest can be tricky, you should still have a reasonable winrate against them if you're playing well.

Remember your Hero Power. Against the classes that can heal effectively, starting as early as turn 3 it's usually better to go 1-drop + Hero Power on 3, then 2 drop + Hero Power on 4 etc.

That was what i was thinking actually yesterday, let say we can make it up to turn 8 that is the last chance to win, using hero power from run 3 can give a total of 10, that is pretty great. I will play more with it since it will be a while since i craft something else. Anyway thanks for the response ! In less then 2 days playing the deck (without ever playign a card game before and right after i finished playing the custom decks) got me from rank 20 to rank 14 and back to rank 15, there were games i could have won if i had played right. I will keep you updated about any questions  i got or my progress. Thanks again !

Guest Coole boy

Hi cool deck man i used it won 9 lost 4 and they were also almost dead mostly i lost of those control decks but is there anyway i can add silvannas

Guest lolifofo

Warlock - 0W 2L

Mage - 1W 2L

These two seem very odd, All of Freeze Mage, Mech Mage, Zoo and Handlock are extremely good matchups for this deck.

I love this deck. It's getting me to record low ranks.

However I'm having a +50% win-rate against all classes except warlock as well. Any tips on how to defeat them?

Depends which Warlock you mean. Since I made that post, Handlocks are more commonly playing double Antique Healbot which makes the matchup a lot worse, but Zoo is still highly favoured.

Hi guys, I have crafted every card for this deck ans it is going quite well. I was only wondering whether i should swap 2 animal companion for 1 animal comanion and 1 jungle panther. Cheers guys

I just crafted the whole deck (Didnt have mad scientist so took and arcane shot and tracking), but I feel like its not working.. I dont know if its because Im fairly new to the game and pretty much only played priest basic deck casual games, but if enemy plays holy nova or consecration or such, Im done? Ive had a few good wins with this but also got destroyed, I just dont feel like Im going to climb so high with this.. Or is it just because im a noob?

I just crafted the whole deck (Didnt have mad scientist so took and arcane shot and tracking), but I feel like its not working.. I dont know if its because Im fairly new to the game and pretty much only played priest basic deck casual games, but if enemy plays holy nova or consecration or such, Im done? Ive had a few good wins with this but also got destroyed, I just dont feel like Im going to climb so high with this.. Or is it just because im a noob?

I consider myself a noob, and this deck has been working pretty great for me. I just hit rank 9 today, and I'm having a 65% winrate since I started using it (not that high but I'm getting lower and lower in the ranks daily so it's working). What I do is just almost always hit the face and ignore the minions. I also try to use arcane golem for the late game and save ironbreak owl for big taunts and some legendary cards only. Basically just deal sufficient damage each turn without rushing by dropping everything you have all at once. Keep practicing with this deck, but if you don't think it's working at all, build a control deck instead. 

Hi guys, I have crafted every card for this deck ans it is going quite well. I was only wondering whether i should swap 2 animal companion for 1 animal comanion and 1 jungle panther. Cheers guys

Nah, Animal Companion is better these days.

It's one of the most common decks in the game at high ranks and in tournaments, so yes, a lot of it is just going to come down to you playing incorrectly unfortunately. AoE isn't a huge concern this deck, if you can force them to do it and just refill with damage the next turn, it hasn't really achieved much for them as you still have pressure and initiative.

is it efficient to use hero power on turn 2? or even turn 1 with coin? or is that always a big no no? im having trouble deciding if i just play those 1-2 mana drops starting on turn 3-4 along with hero power instead of turn 1-2 if its more damage over time that i can afford? thanks for great deck i went straight from 15 -> 10 in no time! very fun deck

Never Coin Hero power on turn 1, sometimes it's better to hero power on turn 2 rather than sacrifice your dude to a Zombie Chow or something, but usually playing a 2-drop is better

Guest VTInt

Flare is winning me game after game in the mirror and OCCASIONALLY vs freeze mage.

This deck has worked very well for me so far, but I'm no where near done playing with it. I didn't have any Arcane Golems when I made it, so I substituted in two Quick Shots. At 2 mana is pretty easy to fit into most turns, and the three damage can take out pesky taunt minions or deal some relevant face damage. Since this deck relies so much on lower cost cards, I often found myself with an empty hand by late game, so Quick Shot's draw ability was nice.

I'll continue to test it, and will eventually try it out with Arcane Golems too. Great deck Sottle.

Sign in to follow this