FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] S20 Hearthstone Hunter Face Aggro GvG

Guest blacksis

Hello! I love to play hunter but I haven't prove to be very good at it since all the nerfs, in any case I'm trying as many Hunter decks as I can. I want to give this deck a shot, however I don't have mad scientist, which two cards are recommended to replace it?

There are no replacements to Mad Scientist, the card is too unique and powerful. If you must play without them, i'd add 2 Arcane Shot, or 1 Arcane Shot and 1 Tracking.

Done testing the deck. ^^ Played 30 matches so far. I have written down the wins/loses.

Warrior - 1W 2L

Shaman - 3W 0L

Rogue - 1W 1L

Paladin - 3W 1L

Hunter - 2W 3L

Druid - 4W 1L

Warlock - 0W 2L

Mage - 1W 2L

Priest - 2W 1L

30 Matches - 17W 13L - Rank 13 1 Star to Rank 11 1 Star

Warlock - 0W 2L
Mage - 1W 2L

These two seem very odd, All of Freeze Mage, Mech Mage, Zoo and Handlock are extremely good matchups for this deck.

Warlock - 0W 2L

Mage - 1W 2L

These two seem very odd, All of Freeze Mage, Mech Mage, Zoo and Handlock are extremely good matchups for this deck.

Both Mage loses were against Mech Mage. And both Warlock loses were against handlock.

I am always losing against Mech Mage because they get control over the board too fast. And against handlock, both loses were like, in turn 4 he got 8 hp left, then he put 2 Giants, defender of argus and well played. 

Guest Lynn

I am having some problems with this deck. Should I really never mulligan? Even for those minions that will charge up like Mana Wyrm and Undertaker? What about the card draw cards like Northshire Cleric and Acolyte? I feel like I am losing a lot on card draw because by turn 6 I have no cards left in my hand. Any idea what I may be doing wrong?

Never Mulligan? Do you mean trade?

As mentioned in the guide, you should trade only in situations where it's really benificial to do so, so killing a Northshire Cleric or a Mana Wyrm is usually fine. In situations where it's "If I go face, and they have this card in their hand, that's bad", you should usually go face and just make them have it.

Using your Weapons to clear minions while your own minions go face is usually the ideal situation.

What is the idea behind Clockwork Gnome? Aren't there any better choices? I did like 30 games with this deck and so far I have not found any good use of clockwork gnome. I mean... it is better to actually use hero power?

Hero Power costs 2 Mana, you want a lot of 1 drops in the deck to be able to guarantee you start your momentum.

Guest Zinfandel

Hi

I've been using this deck a fair bit (mainly to climb back up the ranks after doing a quest with a

class I have no decent cards for has dropped me down) and its completely brilliant both at winning and at winning fast, which after a few bouts against a fatigue mage is very welocme.

My one quibble is - tracking? The great thing about this deck is that all cards are good cards - throwing two away to get one card doesn't seem to help momentum and you waste two decent cards.

if I had 4 weapons (2 glaive and 2 eagle) I would run with 4 weaps and see how it goes - but I don't.

You sure tracking is that valuable?

Hi

I've been using this deck a fair bit (mainly to climb back up the ranks after doing a quest with a

class I have no decent cards for has dropped me down) and its completely brilliant both at winning and at winning fast, which after a few bouts against a fatigue mage is very welocme.

My one quibble is - tracking? The great thing about this deck is that all cards are good cards - throwing two away to get one card doesn't seem to help momentum and you waste two decent cards.

if I had 4 weapons (2 glaive and 2 eagle) I would run with 4 weaps and see how it goes - but I don't.

Think like this. The opponet has 5 hp left. You have clockwerk gnome in you hand. Only that card. You draw tracking. You need eaglehorn bow, or killing command to kill him. You use tracking and voila! 

Hi

Yeah, the example that Cioco gave is a good one, but in more simple terms, this deck plays very little card draw, so there is never going to be a game where you use all 30 cards, when you use Tracking, just imagine the two cards you pass over are near the bottom of your deck, it's functionally the same thing, but you're getting to gain an advantage by having some control over your next card draw.

Guest Kenty

So far from rank 24 to 16 with no loses, let's see from here...

K.

Guest Lynn

Never Mulligan? Do you mean trade?

As mentioned in the guide, you should trade only in situations where it's really benificial to do so, so killing a Northshire Cleric or a Mana Wyrm is usually fine. In situations where it's "If I go face, and they have this card in their hand, that's bad", you should usually go face and just make them have it.

Using your Weapons to clear minions while your own minions go face is usually the ideal situation.

Thanks for your response! Yes, sorry, I meant trade, not mulligan.

Getting to rank 8-11 was pretty easy with this deck, but then seemed to hit a wall with druids and mages. The druids were winning mostly on savage roar and the mages were just freezing me too much for the weapon to come into play. Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Guest Tony

Is anyone going to bring up that the mana curve doesn't match the cards?

Is anyone going to bring up that the mana curve doesn't match the cards?

It matches.

I have everything in the deck list EXCEPT a 2nd Arcane Golem , and a 2nd Eaglehorn Bow, so I subbed them out with 2 kobra shots. The direct damage is very good, and it can kill all the weak taunt monsters like the iron grizzly or those 1 mana cost taunts from warlock. Kobra shot actually won me the match 2 times out of 8 times I played, and I won 7 matches (for my 100 gold quest) Really rocks, although I've never had to test it against a priest or a warrior. I played against 2 shamans, 3 hunters, 2 warlocks, and 1 mage. I forgot who I lost against one of the warlocks who had a much stronger rush than me.

Guest Ian

do you have videos up playing this deck would love to see it in action bevore crafting

Hey Sottle!

Thank you for this deck, i really start to understand how this works, also im climbing the ladder pretty fast. What is your opinion on Jungle Phanter? I think it is pretty good, being a safe source of damage, with good stats fits the deck perfectly.

Just wanted to thank you!!

Yeah Jungle Panther is right on the fringe of being good enough I think. It's usually an argument of Animal Companion vs Jungle Panther as talked about in the guide, with the addition of Unleash the Hounds in this deck tipping the scales in favour of Companion, but by all means try out Panther and see if you like it better. 

Thanks for your Advice, i will definetly try it, im having a lot of trouble with defender of argus latly, any tips what you can do against him?

No love for Annoy-O-Tron??

Doesn't really fit in the deck, in my opinion. There are far better and more efficient cards than that.

Sign in to follow this