FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] S20 Hearthstone Legendary Shaman Mech Aggro GvG

Hi,

I am thinking to build this deck, but with some modifications, and I would like to know your opinion.

So, the modifications are:

-1: Tinkertown Technician

-1: Mechanical Yeti

+2: Harvest Golem

Because Harvest can combine with Powermace and Mechwarper.

And I am thinking in including Loatheb, by which card should I change it?

Seems fine, i'm not sure I like having no Tinkertowns in the deck though. Loatheb would be a nice inclusion, but the deck is pretty tight at the moment, so i'm not sure there's room for it. You could potentially cut Black Knight if you're not facing a lot of Druid.

Guest Stauffe

First off I got to say I love the deck. A lot of fun to play and very powerful. Is there any other good legendary cards that can go into this deck aside from the black knight? It just feels really situational, and I don't really face up against very many people carrying taunt, and when I do I can take them out rather quick.

First off I got to say I love the deck. A lot of fun to play and very powerful. Is there any other good legendary cards that can go into this deck aside from the black knight? It just feels really situational, and I don't really face up against very many people carrying taunt, and when I do I can take them out rather quick.

As Sottle said above you can inclued Loateb in that case. 

Guest Raim

isn't this exactly the same deck firebat uses, who copied who?

Guest Dizzy

No Dr. Boom at the moment, what would a good budget replacement be?

Guest Antiquitaire

i dont have black night nor Dr.boom, so i wonder about Loatheb or Hex for the black night, and for Dr.boom i was thinking about Sky Piloted shredder, what do you think about these ?

Guest gin

Sky Piloted and Loatheb are good replacements to almost all legenedaries - I mean some legendaries are just for power, like Boom here or in Mech Mage, but some are integral part of the engine, like Tyrion in Paly or Legendaries in Tempo Mage. In first case you can easily replace those cards by something that grants you power in late game, in second situation you should really.change the deck or craft required Legends. Here is the first case, so shredder will do its job.

As for Black Night you should really go with Hex or second Lava Burst, because  BN has slightly different role than Boom. It's here to remove treats aggro mech decks generally have problems with, like Belcher or Tyrion. So Loatheb or Shredder won't help here, but Hex and Burst will. BGH or  silencer like Spellbreaker wolnd't be bad either depending on meta.

If you don't have legendaries the best thing to do is probably:

-2 Legendaries

+1 Hex

+1 Shredder/Loatheb

Guest epicleeb

Whats the deck list for the new mech shaman that includes fel reaver?

Guest Guest

Just wondering what some general decks are that do well against this one.

Guest Geoff

Warrior in general, both variants - fast Grim Patron deck and Control - are good against this. Freeze Mage generally wrecks it as well. As for Face Hunter and Mech Mage it depends on start, whether you are able to counter fast aggression and take initative, but in general those two consider mech shaman as their favoured match-up and most of the time they should win.

Guest Guest

With a bit of playing around, I found that Windspeaker is a really good card to include in this deck, I believe I replaced it with Doomhammer because I really dislike that card. Windspeaker can buff a Powermace'd unit and you can end the game rather quickly with that alone.

Guest RC

This is a really awesome deck build, I was in the top 9% of players using a deck similar to this. I didn't have BKM, and when I first started using this, I didn't have Dr. Boom. The deck is still super effective without it. If you have it, Al'Akir can fill in well for BKM/Boom. Also, Argent Commander is usable in this deck (he can be considered the cheap alternative to Al'Akir). You can slide him in next to a Flametongue Totem, buff him with Rockbiter (a good seven mana finisher), and he's not horrible at removing something in a jam (he can remove most taunts essentially scot free). 

Btw, the most important cards in this deck are Rockbiter Weapon, Crackle, and obviously Mechwarper. Rockbiter has tremendous synergy in this deck. With Doomhammer, Whirling Zap-o-matic, and in my case Al'Akir. He can even be used with with your Powermace in a pinch. Crackle is really important for a kill shot. Mechwarper needs no explanation.

Powermace is super important too. It can buff a minion as part of a finishing blow, and it also keep irritating minions off the board.

Guest jake

-2 azures +2 enhance o mechano is way better for this list. the cycle is nice from drakes but this deck doesn't benefit much from the spell damage component; mechano on the other hand; locks in wins quite easily from evenly matched board states

Guest Guest

Love this deck; blasted up from 16 to 2 so far with about an 80% winrate. 

-2 azure drakes

-1 the blackknight

-1 mechanical yeti

-1 doomhammer

--

+1 harvest golem

+1 enhance-O-mechano

+1 argent commander

+1 hex

+1 bloodlust

I dropped the drakes for 1 harvest golem and for 1 enhance-o- mechano; both of which have been performing much better than the drakes were. Azure is amazing (obviously) I just think it lacks the synergy to make it shine in this deck; as opposed to harvest golem, which always trades tremendously well giving me the same card advantage swing as a drake would. 

And enhance-o which when played on on turn 4-6 can really cement your board state; alternatively, it can just outright win the game for you with a windfury proc on something like the fire ele or tinkertown tech.

Since I dropped my curve a bit swapping the drakes out I felt it'd be ok to drop the yeti for argent commander/sylvanis. Been dancing back and forth between them. Both do quite well here but i think i may end up sticking with the commander for the burst potential. 

Hex is in for blackknight currently; Ill swap him back if/when the need arises but my climb has been predominantly tempohunter, mech mage and zoolock; TBK isn't brilliant in any of these matchups right now so the hex affords more flexibility for this slot while still fulfilling the same role. 

Lastly, I swapped the doomhammer out for a bloodlust. When this deck starts to run out of steam this just provides a much better option to closing out the game than doomhammer. 

cheers

Guest exclusives

Love this deck; blasted up from 16 to 2 so far with about an 80% winrate. 

-2 azure drakes

-1 the blackknight

-1 mechanical yeti

-1 doomhammer

--

+1 harvest golem

+1 enhance-O-mechano

+1 argent commander

+1 hex

+1 bloodlust

I dropped the drakes for 1 harvest golem and for 1 enhance-o- mechano; both of which have been performing much better than the drakes were. Azure is amazing (obviously) I just think it lacks the synergy to make it shine in this deck; as opposed to harvest golem, which always trades tremendously well giving me the same card advantage swing as a drake would. 

And enhance-o which when played on on turn 4-6 can really cement your board state; alternatively, it can just outright win the game for you with a windfury proc on something like the fire ele or tinkertown tech.

Since I dropped my curve a bit swapping the drakes out I felt it'd be ok to drop the yeti for argent commander/sylvanis. Been dancing back and forth between them. Both do quite well here but i think i may end up sticking with the commander for the burst potential. 

Hex is in for blackknight currently; Ill swap him back if/when the need arises but my climb has been predominantly tempohunter, mech mage and zoolock; TBK isn't brilliant in any of these matchups right now so the hex affords more flexibility for this slot while still fulfilling the same role. 

Lastly, I swapped the doomhammer out for a bloodlust. When this deck starts to run out of steam this just provides a much better option to closing out the game than doomhammer. 

cheers

I totally agree on bloodlust. 

I win most of the games with it.

when you have 4 mechs on the board including whirling zap omatic bloodlust is mostly enough to finish the game.

Guest metalhead93

i traded an azure drake for a ragnaros is that fine. i only have 1 azure drake. i also traded a lava burst for a harvest golem. i could put sylvannas instead of ragnaros. What i should do 

Guest Finnick

I highly enjoy this deck but end up loosing against paladin aggro as well as other aggro decks sometimes (I don't think one can only blame my skills for that, I'd consider myself a decent player.)

What could be switched out for aggro counters, and what would be the best anti-aggro cards fitting this deck?

I assume BK isn't as important while facing aggro, and the 6mana spot would still be covered without him. I'm going to try out several replacements myself, as well as other swap ideas previously mentioned in the comments.

Thanks in advance for any tips!

Guest Guest

i always seem to run into people that always have kills cards in their first hand. so just about everytime i go to set up my whirling + rockbiter the second turn rolls around and their dead. what am i supposed to with this : /

You shouldn't be keeping situational combos like that, just go for a solid curve of minions. That way if they have an answer for your first minion, you can just keep developing and stay ahead.

Guest Guest

You shouldn't be keeping situational combos like that, just go for a solid curve of minions. That way if they have an answer for your first minion, you can just keep developing and stay ahead.

but this is the exact combo the deck tells you to do(at least one of them) on the first/second turn the deck is pretty much built how it is here : /

Ok sure, it does say you can keep the combination in the Mulligan, but it also mentions in the same paragraph that protecting your Zappo is important. Testing for removal with another minions first is good, or playing an Annoy-o-Tron to hide it behind etc.

I wouldn't be keeping Zappo/Rockbiter alongside no other cards.

Guest Guest

Ok sure, it does say you can keep the combination in the Mulligan, but it also mentions in the same paragraph that protecting your Zappo is important. Testing for removal with another minions first is good, or playing an Annoy-o-Tron to hide it behind etc.

I wouldn't be keeping Zappo/Rockbiter alongside no other cards.

that makes sense, thanks!

Sign in to follow this