FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Gwemul

Help required with DPS etc <3

Hello dear readers/people who might try to help <3,

I'm currently raiding in a 10man guild, and after playing Elemental Shaman for 2months I figured that that class wasn't something for me so I rerolled. And since I'm ranged class leader, I had to pick a ranged class. We didn't have a Warlock so I went Warlock (and I like it!).

My spec is Affliction and my armory is: http://eu.battle.net...Gwemul/advanced

I was lv90 since last week, didn't play warlock before that. (Well I did level 1-90, but that feels different tho).

I've learnd/read Affliction DPS from watching stream of Evrelia from Nihilum and also checking his guide on Affliction.

Also I've checked out the guides on this site and on noxxic.com. But I've been having some troubles with DPSing and keeping it up in general.

I've done LFR yesterday and today with WoL on, so I can check it myself.

Here is the log link I made: http://www.worldoflo.../guilds/231462/

The dates are: 24th and 25th this month.

The addons I use are: OmniCC and AffliDots to check my dots.

I hope this is enough info, if not. Don't hesitate to ask me.

Kind regards,

Gwemul, an Unstable Warlock Posted Image

Edited by Gwemul

In a first look it's not wrong in your play style.

Just try to reforge 15% hit to help your dot maintenance in adds and bosses, its a - low - dps decrease, but worth it for the safety.

And dont forget the 4717 haste breakpoint.

Hey,

Thanks a lot for that information. In order to get the hit cap, do you want me tp lose mastery? Since im only 90 haste over the 2nd breakpoint.

Kind regards, Gwemul

Yes, you will lose some mastery, but it might worth it, not hit capping can be a dps boost IF u don't miss a necessary skill like Haunt or a 10stack agony, as I said, it's a dps lost hitcapping, but it worth it , so, if u want it, go for 15% hit > 4717 haste > mastery > haste >>>> crit

PS: Your next Valor item should be the ring. :P

Edited by JvChequer

That was already the plan haha xD

I need 500 more VPs (capped already) so hopefully can get it this Wednesday.

Do you think the itemization of my gear is the right one or should i go for other items on same slot?

Kind regards,

Gwemul

Yes, your itens are Ok - and I envy your Loshan. Remember to avoid CRIT, some itens have higher ilvl than they look but they are worse 'cause the critical it provides, like the OFF Hand 483 it's worse than the 476 one.

PS: Try to reach the conquest cap to buy new legs and Shoulders, maybe help a little :P

Hey,

The 496 one is better then my OH right?

And I got all my gear in 1 week (very lucky in LFR, 12/16 dropped items).

I really hate PvP tho, so I might not get the conquest cap ;(

Thanks for your feedback and your time and info <3<3

King regards,

Gwemul

Hey,

The 496 one is better then my OH right?

And I got all my gear in 1 week (very lucky in LFR, 12/16 dropped items).

I really hate PvP tho, so I might not get the conquest cap ;(

Thanks for your feedback and your time and info <3<3

King regards,

Gwemul

Yes, it is.

OFF-Hand BIS are:

Blade Lord Heroic > Feng Spirit Heroic = Blade Lord N > Inscription OFF-hand > Feng Spirit N = Blade Lord LFR

Edited by JvChequer

Hiya, it's me again.

I'm sort of debating wether to go for 8% haste or 11% haste.

Since I'm 10-man raiding and we don't have Boomkin or Elemental Shaman, but only a Shadow Priest who is kinda inactive (not always there etc).

Should I go for 8% haste and gain 4.8% mastery, or stick to my newly updated armory?

Kind regards,

Gwemul

Don't raid without 5% spell haste. If you are, something or someone needs to change. It's too crucial for healers and caster DPS.

Don't raid without 5% spell haste. If you are, something or someone needs to change. It's too crucial for healers and caster DPS.

Indeed.

Hey guys, slightly off-topic but according to the latest from my hunter, the sporebat no longer provides the 5% haste... are we incorrect or is this a new MoP change? He's certainly not an idiot and he tamed it specifically at my request, but it does not seem to provide the buff. :\

Hiya,

Also my ingame migrated buff shower shows I only get it from boomkins, elemental shamans and shadow priests.

I'm thinking of recruiting new ranged (ele sham or boomkin) anyways cause not having this buff 100% sucks.

Also yesterday I did Garalon 10-man normal, I was put on kiting and lost a shitload of DPS as you van see in the logs (can't repost but link is in 1st post, date is 26th). Get any tips on kiting and keeping DoTs up?

Kind regards, Gwemul.

(typed on phone mind the typos xD)

Edited by Gwemul

Hey guys, slightly off-topic but according to the latest from my hunter, the sporebat no longer provides the 5% haste... are we incorrect or is this a new MoP change? He's certainly not an idiot and he tamed it specifically at my request, but it does not seem to provide the buff. :

I had it last night from my Hunter. Not saying your Hunter is an idiot...maybe he turned off the aura? I can't find the spell id at work, but it is definitely available, I promise.

Hiya,

Also my ingame migrated buff shower shows I only get it from boomkins, elemental shamans and shadow priests.

I'm thinking of recruiting new ranged (ele sham or boomkin) anyways cause not having this buff 100% sucks.

Also yesterday I did Garalon 10-man normal, I was put on kiting and lost a shitload of DPS as you van see in the logs (can't repost but link is in 1st post, date is 26th). Get any tips on kiting and keeping DoTs up?

Kind regards, Gwemul.

(typed on phone mind the typos xD)

We get our 5% spell haste from our Hunter. He uses a Sporebat caught in Zangermarsh.

Prior to today, kiting with Pheramones sucked. You were best keeping DoTs up on as many targets as you could find while handling the mechanics properly. However, today delivers something truly amazing: FULL DPS POTENTIAL DURING MOVEMENT! With Kil'jaeden's Cunning, you will never lose DPS while moving again. This will be a HUUUUUGE DPS gain on any fight where you do not get to stand in one spot and Drain Soul during execute or MG. Without expressing my happiness more, just know that your DPS won't suffer anymore. Keep DoTs up and Malefic Grasp while moving.

Ok.

I usually use the fury one to AoE at the start to nuke it .down quickly.

So you say I should use Cunning instead of Fury?

The other issue that i found wasn't just the moving but also the out of range part.

That was the highest problem.. ;(

And i sense a lot of sarcasm in your post lol xD

Kind regards, Gwemul

Edited by Gwemul

Ok.

I usually use the fury one to AoE at the start to nuke it .down quickly.

So you say I should use Cunning instead of Fury?

The other issue that i found wasn't just the moving but also the out of range part.

That was the highest problem.. ;(

And i sense a lot of sarcasm in your post lol xD

Kind regards, Gwemul

Mannoroth's Fury won't give you any benefit on Garalon. There's no point DPS'ing the legs if you're not getting the 100% damage buff by standing under it. Standing under one leg does NOT provide the benefit of all the other legs.

Kil'jaedens Cunning will be a cornerstone talent to take now unless there is absolutely no movement during the fights (can't think of one in this tier). Get used to it and love it.

If your biggest issue on Garalon was being out of range, you were too far. Get closer.

No sarcasm in my post. I'm just extremely enthusiastic about Warlocks and our newfound ability to always move and cast with our full DPS arsenal.

Okay,

So it's best to keep the Cunning on all fights this tier? (I usually use Archimonde's)

And for the kiting, use the passive skill or the activated one?

(I feel so noobish lol ;D)

Not sure we're on the same page here...

While kiting, using defensive cooldowns helps your healers. You can use Mortal Coil and Shadow Bulwark every time while you're kiting. You'd do good to do so. And yes, take KJC for all bosses this entire tier.

I mean, the passive part of KJC or the Active part?

The:

You can cast and channl while moving (no side-effect)

OR the one with de 2 stacks?

5.1 makes KJC have no casting penalty at all. The only stacking debuff is a 30% movement debuff meaning you'll still move at 70% normal speed while doing full DPS. You'll never want to activate this anymore so that you don't lose the passive part of the talent.

@ sporebatters:

Awesome thanks, I have no idea what we're doing wrong but I'll test it properly again this weekend, I'm sure we're just derping.

Thanks!

Hiya,

This will be most likely the last time I'll ask you guys to analyze me :$

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/231462/

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmane/Gwemul/advanced

On MSV it kinda went ok. In HoF I was having some troubles keeping DPS up.

Also I have some issues with the SB:SS addon, sometimes he takes the DoTs from the target. (dunno if others have it too).

Got any final tips/tricks before you let in this unstable projectile into the real world?

Kind regards and many thanks for all the help <3,

Gwemul

@Gwemul,

The SB:SS macro sometimes pulling off your DoTs is a known issues, it's been referenced a few times on these forums I believe. I had thought a fix was coming in 5.1 but I dont know if one actually did, and haven't had a chance to raid on my lock since the patch. Here's hoping...