FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Orthios

Need some help with an SPriest Guildie

So, we are working on getting Operator Thogar down and our SPriest is performing sub-par as to where he should be.  I know next to nothing about SPriests, so I'm asking here.

Here are the logs from tonight's normal run: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/yAp3RghjTk6xvq24/

Here is his armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/alterac-mountains/Deecee/advanced

7 of your fights lasted longer than four minutes.  In 6 of them, your spriest died early.  In most, he was the first to die.   My recommendation to him is to stop dieing =/ i occasionally run into this problem with people.  You need to have a serious talk with your spriest and tell him, in NO ambiguous terms: a dead dps does no dps. 

I'm a little bit iffy about glyph of mind harvest.  This fight might have enough adds to justify it but I can't recommend it.  Unless he knows what he's doing and has a clear plan for how to use it (and he clearly has none) tell him to ditch Mind Harvest.  (dispersion cooldown or Mind Flay movement speed glyph are popular choices.)

His dotweaving is ...confusing at best and nonexistant at worst.  Please refer him to the Icy Veins spriest guide (specifically, the dotweave described under Clarity of Power.) 

I always feel bad when I have to rip into somebody like this. =(  I think that once he learns the basics of SPriesting and learns to watch his feet (and not get flattened by trains) he'll do much better! 

Anyway.  Operator huh?  Are you guys using the addon that tells you which set of tracks you should be standing on?  The trains that come through are per-determined and never change.

Thanks, I'll make sure to point him towards the guide.  Did you happen to look at the Beast lord or Hans/Frans at all?  Any help there that could be translated into helping with the rest of BRF is always good.  As far as the train addon goes, I'm not sure, I'm not using it, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone else was.  Someone is always calling out which track opens up either ahead of time or when it does though.

Oh there was more.  My bad. 

Beastmaster.  He got pinned FOUR.  TIMES.  and died before the fight ended.  I feel that nothing else needs to be said.

Hanz Franz.  He was dead more than half the fight.  Looks like he died to the presses.

I'm not going to analyze the dps, I think we both know what I'd find.  He needs to learn the basics of shadow priesting and he needs to watch his feet.