FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Preek

Blood - BiS + Stats Priority are not the same?

Hey everybody,

just a problem I have and I'm not sure if I'm just dumb or if there is a mistake on the page itself.

When you look at the Stat-Priority for the blood DK it says this:

1.1. Survival
  1. Bonus Armor;
  2. Strength;
  3. Mastery;
  4. Haste;
  5. Versatility;
  6. Critical Strike.
1.2. DPS-oriented
  1. Bonus Armor;
  2. Strength;
  3. Mastery;
  4. Multistrike;
  5. Versatility;
  6. Haste;
  7. Critical Strike.

BonusAr and Mastery are the best secondary stats, follwed by Multistrike (up to a cap of 850-900 for nearly 0 downtimes is my personla preference).

Now, if you look at the BiS-List - I take the neck-slot as example, it displays following:

685: bla bla bla
695: Multi/BonusAR
695: Mastery/Multi
695: Crit/Haste

Maybe I missunderstood but I think the lower the item on that list, the better it is for my spec. Or isn't it? :/

Can somebody explain? I only pulled the neck-slot as an example but this "wrong" info goes for each slot.

A couple things to consider while using Mr Robot's best in slot lists (I assume you're using those):

1. Procs, uses and on-hit effects aren't calculated properly. The best example here for Death Knights is the Scabbard of Kryanos. It's a great item, outperforming all 670 heroic highmaul trinkets, but since the proc isn't calculated correctly it won't show up on the BiS list.

2. Mr Robot uses generic stat weigings they consider to be the "average" for DK's. These are not always accurate for your specific item lvl and stats. The best way to get a BiS list there is to sim your own character using simcraft, and importing the stat weighings in Mr Robot. 

3. Mr. Robot doesn't consider sockets and warforged upgrades for drops. It's up to you to decide when one with a socket or warforged upgrade is more valuable than another item.

As to your specific problem of lower item level gear outranking others, I can't seem to replicate the problem in my mr. robot's best in slot list. Could you post a screenshot of the list?

• Like 1

If you are talking about the list on Icy Veins itself, you must have missed the info at the top of the page:

Giving a complete BiS list makes little sense, because of random Warforged upgrades and tertiary stats (such as sockets). Since reforging is gone, you should simply look for items that match your stat priority.

The only slot where you have a real choice to make is for trinkets.

In each table, the items are ranked by item level and then alphabetically.
  • Like 1

Oh and yeah if you're trying to read the Icy Veins lists, don't bother. The only slot they actually list BiS advise for is trinkets. The rest is just a summary of what gear you can collect for your class, not ranked in any way.

If you are talking about the list on Icy Veins itself, you must have missed the info at the top of the page:

And here I sit, swearing to Thrall that I read somewhere it's sorted by stat-priority for the guide you are looking at.

Thank you very much and pardon my stubborness.

Thanks Impurex a well! :)