FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Donkeyx2

Mage dps. What will be best? for the new raid

Hello, 

I am haveing some problems with the new raid with holding up my dps. atm it is all over the place going down to 18k and going up to 28k as frost and i don't know why so i tried out some other specc to and as fire I got a pretty steady 20-22K dps and was wondering what is the "Best" specc for mage atm. 

Alot of ppl are saying arcane is it, but when i try it out i keep getting the same DPS as fire on dummys so is arcane realy the best specc atm? 

Can someone enlighten me why arcane is the best? or show me some post where i can read abit more about it. Becuse atm i can't see it!

Hello, 

I am haveing some problems with the new raid with holding up my dps. atm it is all over the place going down to 18k and going up to 28k as frost and i don't know why so i tried out some other specc to and as fire I got a pretty steady 20-22K dps and was wondering what is the "Best" specc for mage atm. 

Alot of ppl are saying arcane is it, but when i try it out i keep getting the same DPS as fire on dummys so is arcane realy the best specc atm? 

Can someone enlighten me why arcane is the best? or show me some post where i can read abit more about it. Becuse atm i can't see it!

There is no concrete best spec at the moment. On single target Frost and Arcane are quite equal, with Arcane pulling ahead on fights where you don't have to move frequently.

On multiple target fights, where you can spread your combustion, Fire rocks, but the other two specs are also decent there.

Arcane is the best Dps specc on paper, BUT u lose nearly all of ure DPS when u have to move.

Most ppl just lock at the raw Simcraft-ranking, but what they tend to forget is that Simcraft is executing the Roation/mana-managment/CD-Timing perfekly and doesnt account movement or lagg or just simple mistakes of e.g. AM munching or casting an AB @90%mana wich in reality happens rather often.

But most important thing is that all of the above tend to effekt Arcane more that Frost or Fire, if u cast 1 wrong spell with arcane and drop below 90% mana it lowers your dps for about 5 sec if u cast a wrong spell as Frost u can lose at the worst case 1BF and 1FoF but then ure either very bad or very unlucky, so the dps lose due to Failcasting isnt so severe as Frost or Fire as it is as Arcane.

Also Arcane is more dependent on standing there and casting then Fire and Frost because they have a lot of spells to cast instant or during movement.

If u look at logs u can find that all speccs deal almost the same amount of Dmg, so just go with what feels right for u or get the best gear for.

@Threonin, with Aspect of the Fox, Ice Floes and Supernova, Arcane is very strong on ST and isn't that punished by movement. That was MoP. One can look at Imperator, where there is movement very often, and yet Arcane outscales Frost by far.

Also you mentioned mistakes. Frost opener is terribly important, if you fail that by mistake you're screwed much more than casting 1x AB at high mana.

@OP. Best all around spec is Fire, if however you want to differentiate just go Arcane/Fire and gem/enchant mastery.

• Like 1