FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Impurex

NecroBlight simcrafting

Hey, I decided to get some new stat weights since I switched to Unholy Necroblight. However I'm amazed by the simmed results.

According to simcraft I used (on a 5 minute encounter Patchwerk style):

7 Icy Touches

11 Blood Boils

9 Death & Decays

19 Plague Strikes

While casting all that Simcraft did maintain a 96.8% uptime on Necrotic Plague. When I'm playing I barely have enough runes to extend NP long enough for near 100% uptime.

Anyone getting similar results? Or more importantly, knows if it's fixable? I think my stat weighings are way off because of the simcraft logic. It ranks Multistrike almost 50% higher than mastery.

Oh, and as "proof" Simcraft is wrong. I outdps it by about 1.5k on the butcher heroic.

Edited by Impurex

sims are a good guideline or checkpoint but never are set in stone. There is usually the case where simmed dps is 7-10% higher than obtainable dps and others where the obtainable is much higher than sims (necrotic plague vs defile, and big time for spriests).

I have found though that its a bit easier to maintain 100% uptime on necrotic then I thought. Right after you hit 15 stacks with unholy, use your death runes on festering. By burning all phase 1 runes on solely boosting necrotic it builds me up enough where I can keep it up with the basic 2 festerings you would use to burn your frost runes. In the off chance I derp, mechanics, what have you and its about to fall off i now save my empowered as an emergency rebooster if unholy isn't off cd.

Now why it would cast icy touch,BB, or D&D is beyond me. I would see the value more in scourge striking then anything.

The stat priority seems really off, like 50% is a pretty high gap, although I would agree on the importance of multistrike over mastery for unholy

Hey, I decided to get some new stat weights since I switched to Unholy Necroblight. However I'm amazed by the simmed results.

According to simcraft I used (on a 5 minute encounter Patchwerk style):

7 Icy Touches

11 Blood Boils

9 Death & Decays

19 Plague Strikes

While casting all that Simcraft did maintain a 96.8% uptime on Necrotic Plague. When I'm playing I barely have enough runes to extend NP long enough for near 100% uptime.

Anyone getting similar results? Or more importantly, knows if it's fixable? I think my stat weighings are way off because of the simcraft logic. It ranks Multistrike almost 50% higher than mastery.

Oh, and as "proof" Simcraft is wrong. I outdps it by about 1.5k on the butcher heroic.

if you doing more than Simc, then send your logs to Skullflower, so he can tweak the APL accordingly

Icy touches and Blood boils seems weird for single target fights. Check your SimC settings for number of enemies and also your APL if you are using a custom version different from the default.

Thanks for the reply's. I'll get in a log with the new reset in my current gear to get a good comparison. The reason I started this thread is because though I know enough about the Necroblight playstyle and rotation, I know absolutely nothing about Simcraft. That's why I asked if Necroblight players had similar results. The action priority according to simcraft is the following:

actions.single_target=plague_leech,if=(cooldown.outbreak.remains<1)&((blood<1&frost<1)|(blood<1&unholy<1)|(frost<1&unholy<1))

actions.single_target+=/plague_leech,if=((blood<1&frost<1)|(blood<1&unholy<1)|(frost<1&unholy<1))&disease.min_remains<3

actions.single_target+=/plague_leech,if=disease.min_remains<1

actions.single_target+=/outbreak,if=!talent.necrotic_plague.enabled&!disease.ticking

actions.single_target+=/unholy_blight,if=!talent.necrotic_plague.enabled&disease.min_remains<3

actions.single_target+=/unholy_blight,if=talent.necrotic_plague.enabled&dot.necrotic_plague.remains<1

actions.single_target+=/death_coil,if=runic_power>90

actions.single_target+=/soul_reaper,if=(target.health.pct-3*(target.health.pct%target.time_to_die))<=45

actions.single_target+=/breath_of_sindragosa,if=runic_power>75

actions.single_target+=/run_action_list,name=bos_st,if=dot.breath_of_sindragosa.ticking

actions.single_target+=/death_and_decay,if=cooldown.breath_of_sindragosa.remains<7&runic_power<88&talent.breath_of_sindragosa.enabled

actions.single_target+=/scourge_strike,if=cooldown.breath_of_sindragosa.remains<7&runic_power<88&talent.breath_of_sindragosa.enabled

actions.single_target+=/festering_strike,if=cooldown.breath_of_sindragosa.remains<7&runic_power<76&talent.breath_of_sindragosa.enabled

actions.single_target+=/blood_tap,if=((target.health.pct-3*(target.health.pct%target.time_to_die))<=45)&cooldown.soul_reaper.remains=0

actions.single_target+=/death_and_decay,if=unholy=2

actions.single_target+=/defile,if=unholy=2

actions.single_target+=/plague_strike,if=!disease.ticking&unholy=2

actions.single_target+=/scourge_strike,if=unholy=2

actions.single_target+=/death_coil,if=runic_power>80

actions.single_target+=/festering_strike,if=blood=2&frost=2&(((Frost-death)>0)|((Blood-death)>0))

actions.single_target+=/festering_strike,if=(blood=2|frost=2)&(((Frost-death)>0)&((Blood-death)>0))

actions.single_target+=/defile,if=blood=2|frost=2

actions.single_target+=/plague_strike,if=!disease.ticking&(blood=2|frost=2)

actions.single_target+=/scourge_strike,if=blood=2|frost=2

actions.single_target+=/festering_strike,if=((Blood-death)>1)

actions.single_target+=/blood_boil,if=((Blood-death)>1)

actions.single_target+=/festering_strike,if=((Frost-death)>1)

actions.single_target+=/blood_tap,if=((target.health.pct-3*(target.health.pct%target.time_to_die))<=45)&cooldown.soul_reaper.remains=0

actions.single_target+=/summon_gargoyle

actions.single_target+=/death_and_decay

actions.single_target+=/defile

actions.single_target+=/blood_tap,if=cooldown.defile.remains=0

actions.single_target+=/plague_strike,if=!disease.ticking

actions.single_target+=/dark_transformation

actions.single_target+=/blood_tap,if=buff.blood_charge.stack>10&(buff.sudden_doom.react|(buff.dark_transformation.down&unholy<=1))

actions.single_target+=/death_coil,if=buff.sudden_doom.react|(buff.dark_transformation.down&unholy<=1)

actions.single_target+=/scourge_strike,if=!((target.health.pct-3*(target.health.pct%target.time_to_die))<=45)|(Unholy>=2)

actions.single_target+=/blood_tap

actions.single_target+=/festering_strike,if=!((target.health.pct-3*(target.health.pct%target.time_to_die))<=45)|(((Frost-death)>0)&((Blood-death)>0))

actions.single_target+=/death_coil

actions.single_target+=/plague_leech

actions.single_target+=/scourge_strike,if=cooldown.empower_rune_weapon.remains=0

actions.single_target+=/festering_strike,if=cooldown.empower_rune_weapon.remains=0

actions.single_target+=/blood_boil,if=cooldown.empower_rune_weapon.remains=0

actions.single_target+=/icy_touch,if=cooldown.empower_rune_weapon.remains=0

actions.single_target+=/empower_rune_weapon,if=blood<1&unholy<1&frost<1

Now, this priority list seems off by alot in the way I read it. It uses Outbreak basically on cooldown if Necrotic Plague is ticking. Seems odd that this comes before UB and doesn't account for 15 stacks or not.Then it uses Unholy Blight when Necrotic has less than 3 seconds remaining? That would waste most of the applied stacks during the first 3 seconds. Then it uses Plague Strike when the disease is ticking and there's 2 active unholy runes? Death and Decay is also above Scourge Strike on unholy spending.... That's like the first 30% of the priorities, more weird stuff happens after that.

@Demonvark, keeping uptime isn't that hard indeed, but I ment while using Icy touches and Blood Boils on frost and blood runes, Simcraft still maintained uptime.

Edited by Impurex

You are misreading the APL. The "!" mark before abilities is a negation operator. So, in the following two lines:

actions.single_target+=/unholy_blight,if=!talent.necrotic_plague.enabled&disease.min_remains<3

actions.single_target+=/unholy_blight,if=talent.necrotic_plague.enabled&dot.necrotic_plague.remains<1

UB is used when NP is not talented into and disease duration is less than 3 seconds. If talented into NP it uses UB only when NP duration is less than 1.

The stat priority seems really off, like 50% is a pretty high gap, although I would agree on the importance of multistrike over mastery for unholy

It entirely depends on the encounter. Multistrike is a great stat to start with, but once there're lots of adds Mastery becomes simply the better stat. 

Since BrF is pretty much cleave everywhere, except Gruul and Pacman, it's highly recommended to go for:

Mastery > Multistrike

Simming myself, I also saw that simcraft uses DnD/Icy Touch on a single target fight, and I have no idea why. But the stat weights, even on single target, are Mastery > Multistrike for Necroblight.

It entirely depends on the encounter. Multistrike is a great stat to start with, but once there're lots of adds Mastery becomes simply the better stat. 

Since BrF is pretty much cleave everywhere, except Gruul and Pacman, it's highly recommended to go for:

Mastery > Multistrike

Thanks, I was aiming to get the stat weights and that makes sense. I'll get a log to Skullflower next lockout and wait for him to hopefully fix the simcraft profile.