FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
arisoh

Help a new BDK please.

Transitioning from another toon to a blood dk, and I need to know how to:

1) Just want to know how to handle putting up CDs for attacks with a cast time, specifically Franz/Hanz's Suplex/ 2nd stack of Impale (I know it shouldnt happen, but in emergencies) when IBF is down? Do you just ask for externals?

2) How do you get out of Kromog's slam fast enough?

thanks for all the help.

Alot of times you can use your cooldowns right before the cast time ends. You can use Rune Tap for this. Thinking of inferno slice, acid torrent etc. Usually I have a glyphed IBF so I can use it more often as well. For skills that take longer like Impale, don't forget to have your bone shield active at the time of the cast, because it lowers ALL damage by 20%. Add a Defile to that for another 10%, Blood Stance in its self for 10%, Vamp Blood to make it easier on your healers and if usefull AMS (magic damage). Blood DK's have a boatload of defensive cooldowns which can all be used for different skills & encounters, and to master them it's just plain experience. 

I haven't tanked Kromog yet (I main DPS) but I'd assume with Death's Advance talent and active you should easily be fast enough. You could go stanceswitching to unholy but I don't think that should ever be necessary.

1. We had the same problem: could not find any reliable way of telling when you are going to be grabbed. DBM warning came 3 seconds before the supplex - that was too late for a tank to do anything, but not too late for getting external CD. 1 external CD is what it takes for you to survive it (we had warr with Vigilance, druid with Iron Bark and paladin with glyphed HoS). In case of emergency, you should take Purgatory + Death Pact, that should save you even if you get "killed". Note that in 6.1 you will be able to use your own CDs while grabbed, making the supplex trivial to counter.

2. Death's Advance, externals (Stampeding Roar, Leap of Faith, warlock gate) or if somebody has leatherworking Drums of Speed. P.S. make sure you have the 10% enchant on cloak, DKs need every bit of help they can get.

Edited by simpetar