FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Real

Need Help with Combat

Hey there everyone.

I was hoping to get some help with my rogue. For the most part I feel like I know what I'm doing and felt like I was doing alright in HM and thought I was doing decent.

Now after checking logs I feel like I'm not as up to par as I really should be so I was hoping I could get a little insight on what I could improve on etc.

Most recent logs (Feel free to dig as far on my character as possible. Everything helps) : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/vmNZt3RKjd1AVrYD

And this is my armory (If it helps at all) : http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/anvilmar/Realsneaky/simple

Thanks for your time! I hope to hear back soon. 

Be as critical as need be. I want to make sure I'm nailing it as much as possible.

**Fixed link for logs**

Edited by Real

Quick overview while im bored at work

Looking at your Kromog kill:

Revealing Strike - Uptime 92%

Not bad but you need to get this as high as possible and closer to 100%

Slice & Dice - Uptime 95%

Again not bad but should be closer to 100%

You didnt pre-pot before pull so you only got 1 agility potion off for the fight

During lust you used your pot halfway through and not at start.

all i got time for currently - sorry

Revealing strike uptime 100% is bad, just pool some energy before you use it and dont refresh it before it ended, kinda 98% or so is good.

I wrote some tipps in the other post "Combat dps help"

Edited by xlx

Revealing strike uptime 100% is bad, just pool some energy before you use it and dont refresh it before it ended, kinda 98% or so is good.

Actually he should have 99%++ uptime. The only time it shouldn't be on target is at the very beginning of a fight, when you open with Ambush - literally the next skill is RvS though. There's no reason to not have 99% uptime on this ability.

You should also be refreshing RvS with 6s left on the debuff - this will add the remaining time to the newly applied skill, and give you a longer window to use SS and Finishers in. Same idea applies to SnD - refresh it before it falls off.

Otherwise, Vagiseals is correct.

Your rotation looks pretty good, although you'd benefit from a tighter use of Vanish - you're using it about 10-20s after it comes off cooldown, and it's better to squeeze it in as close to the cooldown as you can

• Like 1

As Carrn said, RvS uptime needs to be as close to 100% as poss, just re-cast with less than 6 secs left on debuff.

It doesnt just increase your finsihers but gives a chance for SS to genrate an extra CP so should be up as of your second global after your intital ambush.