Damien

Witch Doctor: Poison Jade Harvester

48 posts in this topic

Hi, thx for this great detailed guide.

One remark. You state that the high uptime of piranha is the main reason to take bane of the trapped as one of the legendary gems. 

I found a interesting very lengthy post on the battle.net WD forum that had researched all forms of pet damage ( title of post is pet damage).

This post explicitly states that Bane of the trapped is not triggered by piranhado.

What do you think?

Greetings,

Taco

Hi, thx for this great detailed guide.

One remark. You state that the high uptime of piranha is the main reason to take bane of the trapped as one of the legendary gems. 

I found a interesting very lengthy post on the battle.net WD forum that had researched all forms of pet damage ( title of post is pet damage).

This post explicitly states that Bane of the trapped is not triggered by piranhado.

What do you think?

Greetings,

Taco

Hello! While Piranha not triggering BotT would be a surprising omission (maybe fixed at this point?), there are numerous other triggers to the gem (Haunt, Horrify, the gem's own level 25 property), and it definitely remains in the top recommendations!

For the belts, what about the "Haunting Girdle" 

Haunt releases 1 extra spirit. 

What do you think?

For the belts, what about the "Haunting Girdle" 

Haunt releases 1 extra spirit. 

What do you think?

Since its introduction in 2.2, Haunting Girdle is considered alright - perhaps unintuitively however, I've noticed a huge preference for the Belt of Transcendence, the Fetish summoning belt. The loss of tankiness this build suffered in 2.2 has been crippling, to a point where damage sponges like the little Fetishes are considered more effective. The oldschool choice of Vigilante is also a strong recommendation, as you still want the Horrifies and Spirit Walks to come off cooldown as fast as possible.

At present the skills show Confidence Ritual instead of Creeping Death, is that intentional?

At present the skills show Confidence Ritual instead of Creeping Death, is that intentional?

Definitely not, will fix!

Is this still relevant in latest patch!

In short, it is somewhat relevant. The playstyle exists but falls behind the other WD options due to game imbalances.

Hi, I'm late to the party, but is Confidence Ritual a priority in this build at all? And if not, how come?

So if i try to get rid of ring of royal grandeur by wearing the full jade set, put Quetzalcoatl in the cube, lose leorics cubed for cooldowns but have obsidian ring of the zodiac in the cube to gain cooldowns... is that still ok? haunt doesnt seem too fast shaving seconds off the cooldowns and the locusts from worm wood dont work with zodiac i guess because they dont cost mana... is there another skill i could work in for this to function better or is it a pipe dream to try and alter the build like this?

also if i have the wormwood to spread locusts what skill is less critical for the build, horrify or locusts?

hope jade gets buffed in 2.4

I'm guessing this isn't the updated build for 2.4? If it's not can you update the best items etc?

Is this still a viable build in 2.4? have there been any amendments?

Is this still a viable build in 2.4? have there been any amendments?

The whole guide was reworked and updated following patch 2.4.  If you look at the title on the guide page, it says (Patch 2.4) at the end.

Hi just wondering how to use a Quetzalcoatl helm when you need to use the set helm instead.  This part was unclear to me.

Hi just wondering how to use a Quetzalcoatl helm when you need to use the set helm instead.  This part was unclear to me.

Quetzalcoat is in Kanai's Cube.

Hello,

I'm not able to have locust swarm as my primary skill or horrify as my 4 key. I have currently subbed locust swarm for Queen corpse spider and horrify with gargantuan. Is this something that changed recently? Or can I configure to the proper build.

Hello,

I'm not able to have locust swarm as my primary skill or horrify as my 4 key. I have currently subbed locust swarm for Queen corpse spider and horrify with gargantuan. Is this something that changed recently? Or can I configure to the proper build.

There is a setting for keybindings to freely pick your skills. I am currently running this set up with one difference (Have yet to find a good Convention of Elements, so currently have the haunting ring) and killing level 60 greater rifts with ease.

I do have a question about paragon points, currently past paragon 500 on season, and while intellegence is the second most prioritized core paragon, there is no cap to how high I should go. Do you have any particular number I should switch and do other stats, or should I just be putting all into Int?

Hello,

There is a setting for keybindings to freely pick your skills. I am currently running this set up with one difference (Have yet to find a good Convention of Elements, so currently have the haunting ring) and killing level 60 greater rifts with ease.

Open your game menu, choose “options,” then “gameplay,” and check the “elective mode” box. Then you can put any skill to any spot on your bar, and choose more than one skill from the same section.

I do have a question about paragon points, currently past paragon 500 on season, and while intellegence is the second most prioritized core paragon, there is no cap to how high I should go. Do you have any particular number I should switch and do other stats, or should I just be putting all into Int?

Nope! Dump it all in Intelligence.

Does this build still fall far behind compared to the other WD builds? Which build would you pick in a party with monk/barb/sorc and wich solo ?

Does this build still fall far behind compared to the other WD builds? Which build would you pick in a party with monk/barb/sorc and wich solo ?

'Far behind' is sort of subjective; it's definitely an 80+ capable build. While soloing I would pick out the Legacy of Nightmares Gargantuan build as the strongest (but also hardest to gear for), and in parties Witch Doctors usually run the Support build.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead