FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Mikedawg

Has anyone found a reason to play other specs?

Hey, just a general post for BRF and tier bonuses. I've been enjoying Demo, but it sucks that our other two specs and set bonuses are going unused in most situations. Demo is kind of the best DPS spec in the entire game, but are there any niches that the other two can fill?

So a few questions that I'd like to discuss:

Do the set bonuses provide anything that simulations can't account for?

Crazy nightfall procs and dark soul uptime from multiple corruptions (soulburn: seed, Maidens, or Cata)?

Is the proc chance on the Destro set significant? Can Shadowburn situations get you a lot of multistrike procs? 

Charred remains for Thogar or Beast?

Anything else worth considering?

Hit me with what you've got. I'd like to try out new things but my guild is lacking in DPS as it is so I'm hesitant to start trolling around.

Edited by Mikedawg

I used to test CR on Thorgar and Darmac on PTR, didn't perform well, those adds are dying too fast.

On Kromog Glyph of Havoc did perform outstanding. Copied 24 Shadowburns to the boss.

Affliction is doing well on all BRF bosses, just as Demo does.

For me personally who has still only seen 7 bosses in normal I haven't found one reason yet to spec out of Demo. Will be nice to finally get back Aff for PvP well at least until 6.1 and things may change a little in the Destro department. 

Well after a bit of play-testing in LFR I set the rank 1 Destro parse for both Imperator and Ko'ragh. The 4 piece might not be the best out there, but it's definitely fun. Nothing looks as cool as Havocing a quadruple Chaos Bolt. 

Best opener of my life and I didn't even have any potions left:

http://puu.sh/fTfZB/74552e5a70.png

Affliction might trump Demonology on maidens ( none of that SB:Seed crap though, Seed is probably the worst spell in the game at the moment ), other than that.. slim chances of any spec being straight up better, even though as someone already mentioned, havocing burns on Kromag is fun.

If affliction had a sure-fire way of keeping SB:Haunt up, plus getting extra Haunts here and there, it would probably turn out to be the most solid spec we have ( <3 mythic Butcher ), until then..

Edited by Lolflay