FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Kerber

How much is the T17 4pc bonus worth in ilvl

Hello,

I got 3 NHC set pieces yesterday. I also have a HC piece which means I got the full set bonus. However, I have to replace ilvl 686 shoulders, 670 gloves and 685 pants all for the 665 set pieces which reduces my average ilvl by 3. Right now the set bonus feels nice and I am sure that dropping 670 gloves for 665 gloves + 2pc bonus is a no-brainer, but I am unsure about the 4pc bonus.

Does anyone know if there is an ilvl-approximation for the 2pc and 4pc set bonuses? Like 2pc is about +5 average ilvl or anything like that?

My two options are: just swap the 670 gloves for 665 set piece and gain the 2 pc bonus or swap the 686 pants and 686 shoulders to get the 4pc bonus.

Is the 4pc bonus worth dropping over 40 ilvls?

Edited by Kerber

I would drop the one with the lowest ilvl (gloves) and between the shoulder and pants pick the one with the worser stat, if they are the same the pants.

The 4 and 2-set bonus is so good that you should always try to get them no matter what. For example Sparkuggz dropped a 691 gloves for 665 gloves because of the importance of them.

The jump in Damage for the Demonolgy is too good to ignore.

@iriecolorado

I forgot to mention that I play demo as main and everything that is needed as second. I apologize ^^

@Saifadin

I would drop the lowest ilvl with 1 NHC set piece every time, I think that's a no-brainer, as mentioned in my earlier post. But dropping 2 additional mythic pieces for NHC set pieces? That feels kinda odd. Guess I will just try out 4 pc and see if I notice damage increase.

Btw, I freaking LOVE the demonology 4pc bonus. It's not just some boring passive stat gain and allows for some really cool combos. Hopefully the gods of RNG praise me with HC set pieces soon enough. ^^

Demo 4 set is great.

On a wipe on Gruul yesterday I had an 80% uptime on HoG on a 100s pull.

Exactly that is what makes the 4 piece bonus a must have this tier, maybe even next tier, if it doesnt get more powerful^^

Edited by Saifadin

Demo 4 set is great.

On a wipe on Gruul yesterday I had an 80% uptime on HoG on a 100s pull.

I haven't gotten the 4set yet so I don't really know how it works, but do you do your HoG-fill-HoG and then wait again until you have 1 stack in the bank and 6 seconds until the next stack comes up, or do you do HoG-fill-HoG-fill-HoG and wait til you have 2 stacks and 6 seconds remaining until 3 stack? Also, how does this affect the usage of chaos wave in meta on fights like darmac, operator, and iron maidens?

It's a bit more tricky than that, because if you sit on 2 stacks you risk capping and wasting the cooldown that was already ticking away.

My very loose set of guidelines is that I try to maintain 2 stack HoG, however with Dark Soul or with strong, almost expiring procs (that HoG won't benefit from) ill use Chaos Wave. Generally this is just for 2+ targets.

My very loose set of guidelines is that I try to maintain 2 stack HoG, however with Dark Soul or with strong, almost expiring procs (that HoG won't benefit from) ill use Chaos Wave. Generally this is just for 2+ targets.

I do this for single target too, not sure if it's a DPS gain or not though.

I do this for single target too, not sure if it's a DPS gain or not though.

I do too but it depends on how I'm feeling at the time, there's no science behind it and a lot of variables, so I'd rather not commit to a firm stance on it ^^

It's a bit more tricky than that, because if you sit on 2 stacks you risk capping and wasting the cooldown that was already ticking away.

So to be clear, when you say you try to maintain 2 stack HoG, do you do it in weaves of 2 (1 charge in the bank, 1 coming off cooldown soon), or 3 (2 charges in the bank, 1 coming off cooldown soon), or it depends on how many charges you have based on whether or not you have used a Chaos Wave lately? Also, this question is mostly for single target; I use Chaos Wave almost exclusively on fights like Operator, Beastlord, and Iron Maidens.

Edited by Alkeir

You can't tie yourself down to firm rules like that because of 4pc procs / encounter mechanics.

Pure single target (when I was running Demonbolt) I would rarely if ever Chaos Wave. I'm still not sure if CW is worth it for sustained Single Target, I guess we''ll have to see.