FORUMS
Krazyito

Healing Addon: Vuhdo

So like most healers we all have specific preferences with addon. I personally love vuhdo and it has been my choice healing addon since I first found out I could even use addon in the game.

I could maybe put a guide on how to use some features but it would be way too huge. Plus there are plenty of other places with in depth guides on its many features What I am here to do is help anyone who is interested with this addon but is not familiar with its workings on how to fix or do specific things with Vuhdo.

I am pretty sure it can do everything just as well as other healing frames, and maybe better. The reason I am making this post is because a couple guildies who use it have been asking for specific tweaks for it a lot of times and I can usually figure it out by messing with the settings. I am by no means a professional at this addon, and I'm sure it can do more then I know or am doing now, but I have walked around this for a while and am pretty well versed and want to help people so they can enjoy it as well.

It is a very intimidating addon for a new or even veteran person to the game. Tons and tons of options, where most of the time you don't know what to do and end up scrapping for a different addon. Please post specific things you want to do with it and I will gladly try to help you figure it out. Lastly as people in game ask me I will try to throw it into his thread as a sort of psudeo guide for miscellaneous things I figure out.

Edited by Krazyito
  • Like 1

I've also been using Vuh'do for a long time, and I will try to help out with questions. I personally really like Vuh'do and think it's pretty much the best healing addon out there. =]

I moved this topic to a place where it seemed better suited. "General" is a good place for this, whereas "Off-topic" is mostly used for non-WoW related subjects.

• Like 1

I moved this topic to a place where it seemed better suited. "General" is a good place for this, whereas "Off-topic" is mostly used for non-WoW related subjects.

Thanks, there wasn't and "addon" section.

Oh this is nice.

I tried it once, but I got overwhelmed with how many options it have and some I could not understand, so I ended up using clique instead which is very simple.

Do yuu think you can start let's side like a guide of features and what they do? I will install it again and try adding whatever I do with Clique to it.

One question I will have is, do I have to use Vuhdo frames exclusively or can it be user to click on other external frames for example, I use ElvenUI, and I'm used to their frames and clique works over them. Of course is no big deal to disable those party frames to use the Vudhu ones if they are exclusive.

Oh this is nice.

I tried it once, but I got overwhelmed with how many options it have and some I could not understand, so I ended up using clique instead which is very simple.

Do yuu think you can start let's side like a guide of features and what they do? I will install it again and try adding whatever I do with Clique to it.

As I said before there are MANY options within vuhdo and making a general guide on icy-veins would be too long and I would probably miss MANY things. I posted here to help people with specific problems that will help suit their preference since most people do not like messing with that many options. I feel that Vuhdo is such an amazing addon, I will try to help in anyway for people who are intimidated by it to try it out and see all its powerful features. Here and here offer very nice comprehensive guide on pretty much everything in the addon. If you want more specific details, please ask here.

One question I will have is, do I have to use Vuhdo frames exclusively or can it be user to click on other external frames for example, I use ElvenUI, and I'm used to their frames and clique works over them. Of course is no big deal to disable those party frames to use the Vudhu ones if they are exclusive.

Thanks Posted Image.

This I can help you with. The answer is yes, you CAN use clique binds with Vuhdo. Vuhdo can be used as a stand-alone unit frame and can basically do the same exact things that your ElvUI frames do (More on the differences and why its better later)

First off, Vuhdo has support for the Clique addon. Shown here:

Posted Image

I personally have never used it, but I know the option is there. You can turn it on and try the frames out and see if all your binds are the same. If it works out just like your normal unit frames, Great! All you would have to do after is personalize the way they look.

If that Clique feature ends up not working, or not doing what you want it to do, another option is to set all the "Vuhdo bound spells" to empty so they don't cast anything when you click the frames. All you need to do is erase everything under Mouse Keys and Mouse Wheel (Make sure to check each modifier key!). You can even set left click as 'target' (no quotes) so that when you left click the person it targets them.

Posted Image

This will essentially make them become unit-frames that wont do anything other then show you health bars and some debuffs.

Again, after doing this all you have to do is personalize the look of the frames to your taste.

This is an old picture of my frames (during Dragon Soul). They are based off Affinitii from Blood Legion and they have basically stayed the same since then, just a few minor tweaks with debuffs and such. There is a way to get rid of that debuff on every person, I just choose to keep it like that.

Posted Image

Let me know if you have any more concerns!

Now as I said before, Why switch from regular ElvUI frames to Vuhdo if its going to do the same thing? Because Vuhdo is more powerful and can show much more information in a single frame then most other addons. Of course having all these options might be taxing on your system but if you can handle it it is worth it.

Edited by krazyito65
  • Like 2

Here is a small feature some people do not know about. Having Vuhdo show when a person is affected by a Tank CD. Be it personal or from another player.

(Excuse the 5.1 green square bug in the picture, this should get fixed with some updates)

Going into this part of the options you first choose the layout of the icons on the bar (denoted by a '1'). Then you go and choose where you want these Tank Cooldowns shown on the bars (Denoted by '2') I chose slot 5, which is the middle bottom of my bar.

Posted Image

Then you can leave it like that, and you can see some cooldowns that are placed on people in your raid. Although, not all CD's are in the list. To add some you need to click the "edit" button

You are then presented with this window. To add a new CD, you first click "+ Add" (denoted by 1), Enter then full name of the CD (2) Change the default Icon to Non / Default (3) Make sure everything is checked marked like below and then set the priority (4).

Posted Image

Priority means that if there are two CD's on the person at once, which ever is higher on the priority list, it will show first. Mine is in kind of random order, so just choose what you want or leave it as is. Once you are done click the 'back' button or 'Okay' to save.

Here is an example of what it will look like. It has an icon of the buff and a timer. I'm also sure the timer size can be changed if you so wish with in the HoT Icons options when you hit 'back'

Posted Image

Edited by krazyito65
  • Like 2

Very nice posts indeed!

One thing I never figured out - how do you get it to show you when to cast things like Chain Heal (I think it's called the AoE helper or something?) I tried enabling it and nothing happened :)

Just make sure you're not in combat when you change the settings - Vuh'do locks the options in combat =)

Just make sure you're not in combat when you change the settings - Vuh'do locks the options in combat =)

That's the one thing about vuhdo that I hate. It breaks and screws up when stuff changes during combat (especially when someone drops group or gets added)

Very nice posts indeed!

One thing I never figured out - how do you get it to show you when to cast things like Chain Heal (I think it's called the AoE helper or something?) I tried enabling it and nothing happened Posted Image

Well to get it to show you go back to HoT icons and set a slot to AoE Advice

Posted Image

If it seems to not look right try looking in General -> AoE Advice and mess with those settings.

Another AoE option is "clustering" which I have heard about a lot but not really been able to figure out. I'll try to look more into when I can get it working.

Another AoE option is "clustering" which I have heard about a lot but not really been able to figure out. I'll try to look more into when I can get it working.

Yeah I'd enabled that and set one of the settings to show me Chain Heal with a setting that should show me it basically all the time. However it never triggered. I was very confused, haven't been able to figure it out yet :(

That's the one thing about vuhdo that I hate. It breaks and screws up when stuff changes during combat (especially when someone drops group or gets added)

Ah! The reason I got Vuh'do in the first place was on Nef in T11, our druid kept jumping down into the arena in Prowl before everyone else. He kept outranging Healbot and it'd just drop him off the bars and not put him back on 'till we wiped. That led to a lot of horrible wipes (the only way to fit it was "reload ui" in combat =.=).

Vuh'do didn't have that problem at the time. Wonder why it does that now :S

Yeah I'd enabled that and set one of the settings to show me Chain Heal with a setting that should show me it basically all the time. However it never triggered. I was very confused, haven't been able to figure it out yet Posted Image

Ah! The reason I got Vuh'do in the first place was on Nef in T11, our druid kept jumping down into the arena in Prowl before everyone else. He kept outranging Healbot and it'd just drop him off the bars and not put him back on 'till we wiped. That led to a lot of horrible wipes (the only way to fit it was "reload ui" in combat =.=).

Vuh'do didn't have that problem at the time. Wonder why it does that now :S

Well I was just messing with some of the cluster settings, again you just go into HoT icons and set Cluster Finder, and there it triggers. I jsut neeed to mess with it more and then when I get to my desktop I can post some pictures for it since it seems pretty lengthy.

about it breaking: The problem only really occurs when someone drops group or joins the group while I'm in combat. Not if they out range.. If they drop group vuhdo has recently started to try to compensate for it and I can usually catch on by targeting the anomaly. when someone joins group while in combat, then I don't see them at all, or it pushes someone else in the group away until I drop combat.

Edited by krazyito65

After reading your post, I feel like playing my Resto Shaman more seriously and install this addon ^^

• Like 2

I absolutely love this addon. It just needs a lot of attention in the beginning to get it the way you want =)

Clustering:

Here is the options for turning on clustering:

Posted Image

• For this area the only things you need to mess with are Range and Health level. Range refers to how far two people need to be to each other to be considered a cluster. Health Level refers to how much health the player has before activating the cluster finder
  • Max number is self explanatory. If they AoE spell you want to use has a cooldown, you can name it here so clustering is turned off when it is on CD. Cone usually only refers to the old Light of Dawn or Maw of the Dragonlord, so its not really useful. Just keep it 360. Chain Jump is the distance a spell will travel from one to the next, such as Chain Heal and Renewing Mist.
  • Display options, You can set the size of the counter with Text and set multiple thresholds for what is a good cluster.
After you mess with those settings go back to HoT icons (in the panels tab) and set a slot to Cluster Finder.

Posted Image

Then go here

Posted Image

Set the scale on the slot you put it in so its not impeding on the rest of the bar

Posted Image

After all that is done, que up and it should look similar to this. if you set the options more specifically then I did it probably wont look as clunky.. It was like this though because everyone was stacked up on top of each other.

Posted Image

Hope this helped and showed you another feature you may not have known about!

• Like 2

Have tried different healing addons for my priest/shammy/druid/pally and finally decided to just keep it to healbot, it does what it does for me. This addon you're talking about looks interesting but pretty complicated to me (am getting old). How bout convincing me why this is so much better then ordinary healbot?

Ur also talking about "all these options might be taxing on your system", how much memory does this addon ask? Nice to know compared to healbot (nothing wrong with my pc to ask a lot) Posted Image

Edited by Daowen

I'm sorry I got to this late I've been busy with stuff in RL and haven't been checking very often. I honestly have never used Healbot so I would not be able to compare any major differences between the two. As I stated before, I've been using this addon since I first started playing the game and have been in love with it ever since. The only thing I can possibly think of that is a major difference between the two is customization. As I said, I have never used Healbot, but if what you said about Vuhdo ('pretty complicated') is any indicator, it means it has more options for that customization, even if it's buried inside loads of other options. Again, as I said, I'm sure I can figure out how to do just about anything you would want to tailor to your needs for this addon for a variety of preferences. Which also draws on how much resources it uses. For me, with all the information I like to display is just simply awesome. I don't think (or even know, since I haven't tried) Healbot could efficiently show all the information I would want on each bar as for how specific I like them to be. The best thing I can say is this addon is perfect for the people who like to customize their frames to be exactly how they want it and function (for the most part) how they need it. I'm just here to help the people who want to learn how to use it more, but are intimidated by the options to explore it further.

During very intense parts of a fight, Vuhdo can make up a large portion of your memory. I have some pictures during dragon soul when I was having some FPS problems to show how much each addon was taking. During Heroic Spine of Deathwing (Edit: lol Spine of Madness, what was I thinking last night?) it got to as high as 35 mb, just showing all the debuffs on people. But I would say an average mid combat would be from 5-10 mb.

http://imgur.com/a/PtFOU

There is the album i uploaded them. You may have to look at them at full resolution to make out what the numbers are.

Edited by krazyito65
  • Like 1

From my experience with Healbot all the way back in patch 4.1, it's far inferior to Vuh'do in every way.

I've never seen a memory problem with an up-to-date version of Vuh'do. :)

• Like 1

I discovered the tank CDs and editable list myself a couple of months ago, sprayed milk on my monitor out of shock (from my mouth, I'm not lactating or anything), turned it on, configured it and haven't looked back. Definitely a good mention for this guide, I dont think it's all that apparent to new users and maybe not even veterans (I've been using it since it was introduced back in Ulduar).

I wasn't aware of the cluster detection either, good grief. I'm almost positive my resto shaman doesn't know about it either, going to direct her here.

Thanks for the input/hard work krazyito, great stuff.

-Auracle

• Like 1

I discovered the tank CDs and editable list myself a couple of months ago, sprayed milk on my monitor out of shock (from my mouth, I'm not lactating or anything), turned it on, configured it and haven't looked back. Definitely a good mention for this guide, I dont think it's all that apparent to new users and maybe not even veterans (I've been using it since it was introduced back in Ulduar).

I wasn't aware of the cluster detection either, good grief. I'm almost positive my resto shaman doesn't know about it either, going to direct her here.

Thanks for the input/hard work krazyito, great stuff.

-Auracle

Thanks for the kind words.

I'm not sure if you are saying that you found out about the tank CD yourself and you want me to add it or if you found out from here... Regardless I already made a post about that in this thread (here). Thanks for the suggestion though!

If anyone has any more questions/suggestions for me to figure out please ask here. I love to tinker with this addon to make it work how people want.

Edited by krazyito65

Thanks for the kind words.

I'm not sure if you are saying that you found out about the tank CD yourself and you want me to add it or if you found out from here... Regardless I already made a post about that in this thread (here). Thanks for the suggestion though!

If anyone has any more questions/suggestions for me to figure out please ask here. I love to tinker with this addon to make it work how people want.

Woops sorry about the ambiguity there, I meant that I had stumbled across it on my own and configured it. I was just agreeing with your post and noting that it was a great idea to mention it here, since it's relatively obscure and VERY handy :D

I just rediscovered this thanks to your post Krazyito and resolved to get back on and finally make the damn cluster detection work! xD

Ok, let me be the one to ask then.....(honest question)......why do people use an addon to heal? What do they do for you?

Your origional post said every healer has their favourite addon to heal. I've never tried one for healing. Addons i have just give me information about stuff or tell me not to stand somewhere.

What does a Healing addon do?

M.

So like most healers we all have specific preferences with addon.